X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Mularkey - "No discussions about Verba"

got a vcoach that quotes mularkey as saying the bills have had no discussions about bringing in Ross Verba.

awesome!

you think gandy feels any pressure? if he sucks or gets hurt, he is going to ruin a chance for a playoff run for 53 other players, a bunch of coaches and front office guys (who he shouldnt really feel guilty about since they have put him in this awful situation), and millions of fans that bleed red, white, and blue.

glad i am not him.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

You know, it seems to me the Bills are above NFL average in every position except TE, OL and K. Why does TD consistently ignore the OL? It doesn't matter how good your receivers are if the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball and it doesn't matter who your RB is if the OL can't open holes or at least slow down the rush long enough to let him make a move.

Is Ross Verba the solution? Not by himself, but he's an upgrade over what we have.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

Well....at least we know that the smokescreen is in place and TD is looking at the guy, right?
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
        Well....at least we know that the smokescreen is in place and TD is looking at the guy, right?
        That's what I was hoping too.

If they aren't having any discussions about bringing Verba in, that is just plain stupid.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Indy Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

He wants way too much money. He said 35 mil or he's gonna retire. I think he's a money grubbing cancer, I hope we don't look at him at all.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            You know, it seems to me the Bills are above NFL average in every position except TE, OL and K. Why does TD consistently ignore the OL? It doesn't matter how good your receivers are if the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball and it doesn't matter who your RB is if the OL can't open holes or at least slow down the rush long enough to let him make a move.

Is Ross Verba the solution? Not by himself, but he's an upgrade over what we have.

i actually disagree that TE is below nfl average.. i like campbell alot.. i also like what i saw of euhus and we just got everett (not TDs fault that he got hurt).. so i have no gripes about TE.. never really did.

but it just infuriates me to think about how much depends on "trash pile" gandy. i do NOT want to see the whole season lost because our qb got killed on a blindsided hit after the DE sprinted past the LT. with that said.. i am praying that gandy can do the job.. and if he does it well, then hats off to TD and mouse.. but there is just no way to have confidence in gandy unless your basing it on blind homerism.. because gandy has shown nothing and proven nothing in this league.. he was very average when he did play and he could never stay healthy.. not ever, not one season.. he was cut from a team that has a more putrid OL than we had just a few years ago.. people can say he was cut because he was so injury prone.. but if he was worth two ****s, they would have kept him in hopes that he would get healthy.. it is not like his salary was prohibitive.. he was a 3rd round pick for god sakes.. they make pennies.. he was also considered a NFL guard, so LT is not even his "true" position.. like i said.. i will say my prayers, because it does not seem that we are going to do anything with the LT spot, other than letting the chips fall where they may.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Indy Bills Fan
              He wants way too much money. He said 35 mil or he's gonna retire. I think he's a money grubbing cancer, I hope we don't look at him at all.
              so for the record, your happy with what we got, or no?

Comment

• Indy Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Do you think MW will slide to the left and Gandy could play right?

Comment

• Indy Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  so for the record, your happy with what we got, or no?
                  Not really, I just don't like Verba. He is all for himself and not for the team.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                    • May 2004

Not really, I just don't like Verba. He is all for himself and not for the team.
                    The funny thing about Verba is that he was never really a money grubber before...wonder what changed? Maybe he just felt insulted?

I don't want a ME guy on the team.....and if that is what Verba has become...he is better off somewhere else.

We know we can't pay him the big bucks...so if we get him, I will be happy...because that means we got him cheap (relatively).
                    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                      • Jul 2002

I don't think he's a money-grubber, I think he feels insulted.

Clearly he outperformed his contract last year, and was also promised a new one. Sure, a new coach and GM were brought in, but the guy who pays the bills is the same. I'd be a little upset also.

God give me style and give me grace
                      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

i actually disagree that TE is below nfl average.. i like campbell alot.. i also like what i saw of euhus and we just got everett (not TDs fault that he got hurt).. so i have no gripes about TE.. never really did.
                        I know we can't blame TD for injuries, but Campbell and Everett being injured makes us below average at this position. Also, while I don't think any of are TE's are really bad, I think Losman would really benefit from having an "elite" type tight end.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

got a vcoach that quotes mularkey as saying the bills have had no discussions about bringing in Ross Verba.

awesome!

you think gandy feels any pressure? if he sucks or gets hurt, he is going to ruin a chance for a playoff run for 53 other players, a bunch of coaches and front office guys (who he shouldnt really feel guilty about since they have put him in this awful situation), and millions of fans that bleed red, white, and blue.

glad i am not him.
                          McNally must have seen A LOT in Gandy, and must have A LOT of confidence in him. It will be interesting to see if all that trust was well placed or not. I think, because of McNally, and how he is a gauging and bringing out a player's talent, we should give Gandy the benefit of a doubt, until he proves us wrong. Agreed?
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                            • Mar 2003

awesome!

glad i am not him.
                            McNally must have seen A LOT in Gandy, and must have A LOT of confidence in him. It will be interesting to see if all that trust was well placed or not. I think, because of McNally, and how he is a gauging and bringing out a player's talent, we should give Gandy the benefit of a doubt, until he proves us wrong. Agreed?
                            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Do you think MW will slide to the left and Gandy could play right?
                              won't happen...the coaches are smarter than that. They finally got Williams playing at a high level on the right side and we're solid over there...why would they screw up the entire O-line now?
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X