• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4thAndLong
    I'm Really 4 and Short
    • Sep 2002

Gilbride Truth: 1

Gilbride doesn't know how to run.

The Bills are 29th in the league in rushing attempts...While we're averaging 4.5 yards a carry.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

i wish he would figure it out.....Henry needs to be allowed to run...especially if we are to beat Green Bay.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

When you are behind in games, you abandon the run. The games we have been ahead or close in, we have a solid running game. You don't run when you are behind and time is a factor.

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Yeah Shelby!

As soon as you're down by 3, 4, or 7 in the first Q you completely abandon the run. It's difficult to come back when you trail by 4 points in the 1st Q.

I think 4th is being facetious.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

Hey 4th,

You got any specific games that you'd like to list to give your argument some credibility? Or is providing some facts and the like simply too tedious?

LOL

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

Oh, sorry!

Bledsoe Rules!

Phew! I almost forgot...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Wys
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Gee, for a team that supposedly is misusing it's running back so much, it's funny that Henry is the 4th rated RB in the AFC, and only trails George, Dillon, Tomlinson, Williams, and Holmes in number of carries.

I have to ask.. would anything make you happy Wys? You ***** about everything.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

One other fact....Henry leads all NFC rushers in yards and is only beat out in number of carries by Duece McAlister.

I guess every OC in the NFC deserves to be fired

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

We obviously need to run more, but i don't think it is by that much.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                      I'm Really 4 and Short
                      • Sep 2002

Lets see...

Travis Henry has the same YPC as Ricky Williams, yet Ricky Williams is over 16,000 in yards, AWM.

In games where Henry goes over 100 yards or 25+ carries, we're 4-2!

AWM....How many teams in the league use RB by committee? Eagles, Pitt, SF, Minn (beginning of season), Oakland (put Wheatley in the mix sometimes), so that takes away from individual carries and puts us 29th in the league in total rushing attempts.

Also, 2 games where Henry has had 6.0+ YPC against 2 of the better rush defenses in the league...(Miami, SD)

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Maybe we can get Drew to add up all the times he's called a pass play at the line when a run was called in by Gilbride?

NOBODY takes into account that Drew does a tremendous amount of play changing. I bet Drew changes 2-3 running plays to pass plays a game (and probably even more when you note all the audibles he calls at the line). 2-3 running plays per game X 14 games most likely means the difference between Henry being the 4th rated RB in the league and possibly the 2nd.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                          I'm Really 4 and Short
                          • Sep 2002

AWM, Gilbride does most of the playcalling! He only gives Bledsoe the oppurtunity to change the play at the line.

And even if he is audibiling...How do you know he's changing it from a running play?

Gilbride is following his reputation as being a lousy OC.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
                            Lets see...

Travis Henry has the same YPC as Ricky Williams, yet Ricky Williams is over 16,000 in yards, AWM.

In games where Henry goes over 100 yards or 25+ carries, we're 4-2!

AWM....How many teams in the league use RB by committee? Eagles, Pitt, SF, Minn (beginning of season), Oakland (put Wheatley in the mix sometimes), so that takes away from individual carries and puts us 29th in the league in total rushing attempts.

Also, 2 games where Henry has had 6.0+ YPC against 2 of the better rush defenses in the league...(Miami, SD)

Comparing Miami's running game to us is comparing apples to oranges. That was the ONLY form of offense they had!!

Miami had almost no passing game all season. Chambers was hurt for a significant time, Carter was a late addition that has only played 2 games or so. Gadson was hurt all season (IR). For a few weeks the Phins were STARTING 3rd dtring receivers!! And let's not forget that Fiedler was out for quite a bit of time and future Hall of Famer Ray Lucas was the QB

The only thing Miami had as far as offense WAS Ricky Williams, so of course he will have more yards and carries.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
                              AWM, Gilbride does most of the playcalling! He only gives Bledsoe the oppurtunity to change the play at the line.

And even if he is audibiling...How do you know he's changing it from a running play?

Gilbride is following his reputation as being a lousy OC.

WRONG!!!! A lousy OC was what we had last year. The players were all complaining about his play calling. This year the players have nothing but praise for Gilbride!!! How fast we all forget.....

Comment

Working...
                              X