PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored, so I'm going to make a power rankings list...

ublinkwescore
06-11-2005, 11:59 AM
1. New England - Hate this team with a passion, but can't rank them below #1 until someone knocks this king off it's hill.

2. Indianapolis - I have no doubt in my mind that they would have spanked the Eagles in the superbowl if they could have gotten past New England in the AFC Championship.

3. Eagles - too bad they didn't have more competition in the NFC.

4. pittsburgh - look for them to lose a step this year even with a more experienced roethlesberger.

5. Bills - great defense, and an offense that WILL find it's footing with a virtual rookie qb. Best special teams in the league, and top 5 coaching staff.

6. Atlanta - solid d, and a mean tight end that is almost the only weapon Vick has.

7. New York Jets - this team is kinda like a turd that just won't flush - they're boring, and they win ugly, and they just won't go away.

8. San Diego - marty ball is back in southern california - Drew Brees has just established himself as the man in SD. Think Gates and Crumpler are illegitimate siblings they're both extremely athletic tight ends.

9. Cincinatti - I know they kinda stunk last year, but they do have a tremendous offense with R. Johnson, Houshmendzadeh (sp?), and chad johnson, and I think they're D will start to resemble Marvin Lewis a little more as the year wears on this season.

10. Baltimore - this is another Jets like team - they're boring to watch, and I really don't know if anyone would notice outside of capitol hill if they dropped off the face of the planet.

11. Minnesota - who cares - they're nfc, and they're moss-less now - but I still think they'll be among the best in the NFC - which still won't hold a candle to the AFC.

12. Denver - is it clarrett's turn to be a 1000 yard back? who cares, mike shanahan is an outdated coach who will still continue to field a 9-7 to 6-10 team year in and year out.

13. Jax - mean dline, suspect o, but a great fit for Henry with Fred Taylor's knee problems - I can see us taking them out of the playoffs in january in a wildcard battle, or maybe we win the division and take them out after they've eliminated a division champ either way if we do meet in the playoffs, my money's on buffalo (sue me, I'm kind of a homer).

14. Green Bay - retire already favre.

15. Tampa Bay - I don't see Gruden letting this team fall too far too fast - in fact I bet they start to rise again this year.

16. Car - 14, 15, and 16 could have really gone either way.

17. New Orleans - Haslett should write a book on how to keep your job as a coach with a team of headcases.

18. KC - this team is just a bunch of chokers - maybe they deserve to be ranked higher, but even if they do have an on year, they won't get past a divisional playoff - and that's with a lot of lucky bounces.

19. Seattle - interchangable with St. Louis.

20. St. Louis - interchangable with Seattle.

21. Dallas - I was at a bar and witnessed a redneck cowboys fan have to fork over money because he bet against the cowboys when they played seattle on monday night last year - that was f***ing GREAT!!!

22. Houston - it's just one of those teams - kinda like souza is Jose Cuervo's ugly sister (to Jax and Indy)

23. Oakland - Moss won't help this team too much Kollins might take up drinking again this year - only it will be sisco wine so he fits in with the black hole better.

24. Miami - now we're getting down to the worst of the worst.

25. Arizona

26. NYG - Tom Coughlin will still have growing pains with Eli Manning.

27. was, chi, det.

30. ten

31. San Fran

32. Cleveland.

there you have it.

ParanoidAndroid
06-11-2005, 01:14 PM
You forgot high....

...Bored and high...

Nublar7
06-11-2005, 02:09 PM
5. Bills - great defense, and an offense that WILL find it's footing with a virtual rookie qb. Best special teams in the league, and top 5 coaching staff.:lmao:

im4bflo
06-11-2005, 02:23 PM
MY LIST...

#1 BUFFALO BILLS

#2 on down, can kiss my ass! 'nuff said.

ublinkwescore
06-11-2005, 03:55 PM
You forgot high....

...Bored and high...

Yeah, something like that.

If I were high, I would have either forgotten to list a team, or list a team twice, or I simply wouldn't have the motivation to do this - I'd be much more interested in chasing the ice cream truck down outside when I decided it was time for a break from the video games.

ublinkwescore
06-11-2005, 04:00 PM
:lmao:

that is too funny - a dolphins fan laughing?!?

let's see you do a power rankings nublar.

im4bflo
06-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Buffalo ass :kissa: Nublar7

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I like rose colored glasses too, but the Bills at 5 with an unproven quarterback? An offensive line that nobody knows who is going to be playing where?

Here are the teams on your list that I would rank above the Bills, there are more, but the obvious ones to me are:

1. Minnesota - With the offseason this team has had, I can't see them anywhere but top 5. That is a very good defense.
2. Dallas - Great additions, well except at quarterback.
3. Atlanta - Good defense, solid offense
4. Baltimore - They added one of their big weaknesses at WR.

I totally disagree with:

1. Oakland - Why is it that a guy had a drinking problem and it sticks with him in jokes for the rest of his career. That is going to be one heck of an offense.
2. Arizona - Are you kidding me? They already have a very good defense and now it looks like they will have a good offense.

I know it is early and you were just having fun, but I can't agree with to much except your top three.

ublinkwescore
06-12-2005, 11:26 AM
How can you see Minnesota as being better then us - they weren't better then us last year when they had the games best wr (when he comes to play) and now they've lost that. Onterrio Smith is suspended for a year, Michael Bennet is injury prone as all hell - I guarantee you he'll miss at least 4 games this year due to injury.

I stick by Buffalo at #5 because the pressure our O will feel will be greatly reduced by a dependence on McGahee - our O line is pretty damn good at run blocking - they need the most improvement in pass protection and with McNally, I think they'll continue to progress.

Arizona is just one of those franchises that is destined to fail for a long time, no matter who they bring in - kinda like the Bengals once were.

And as far as Dallas goes, if they do have a winning record this year, it's due to them being in the NFC. I think Parcells is a has been.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Minnesota now has a better defense than the Bills. They added Fred Smoot, Pat Williams, Darren Sharper, Sam Cowart, and Napoleon Harris. I also love the addition of Erasmus James to go with Kenechi Udeze and Darrian Scott. Pat and Kevin Williams in the middle. That is a dominating line. With the Williams' in the middle that will only help Cowart or EJ Henderson be that much better. Add that to the fact that their defensive backfield with Antwain Winfield, Smoot, Sharper, and Corey Chavous, I will be shocked if they are not one of the best defenses in the league.

Even if Bennet gets injured, their backups are Mewelde Moore and Moe Williams.

The_Philster
06-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Antoine

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Antoine

Sorry, Antoine.

Crisis
06-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I heard Chavous was holding out?

The Natrix
06-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I wonder what Rectal Raiders thinks about the Oakland at 23? :::

Bling
06-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow. I knew he would put the Bills high....but #5? :rofl: Sorry buddy. You guys are more like 12, 13.

The Natrix
06-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Wow. I knew he would put the Bills high....but #5? :rofl: Sorry buddy. You guys are more like 12, 13.
yeah, but Miami is 24. :(

Dozerdog
06-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Denver way to high- you even call them 9-7 at best- yet still 12th?

Oakland will contend for the division title - 8-8 at worst, 10-6 at best.

Moss, new RB, revamped D , very good OL

jb buff
06-12-2005, 02:37 PM
:lmao:And this from a fish fan?

Bling
06-12-2005, 02:41 PM
And this from a fish fan?
What does that have to do with anything? Because we suck means we know zero about football?

Michael82
06-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Minnesota now has a better defense than the Bills. They added Fred Smoot, Pat Williams, Darren Sharper, Sam Cowart, and Napoleon Harris. I also love the addition of Erasmus James to go with Kenechi Udeze and Darrian Scott. Pat and Kevin Williams in the middle. That is a dominating line. With the Williams' in the middle that will only help Cowart or EJ Henderson be that much better. Add that to the fact that their defensive backfield with Antwain Winfield, Smoot, Sharper, and Corey Chavous, I will be shocked if they are not one of the best defenses in the league.

Even if Bennet gets injured, their backups are Mewelde Moore and Moe Williams.
Wow, so they pulled a Washington and signed a bunch of Big names. I don't see them gelling together right away. That will take time and without Moss on that offense, it becomes too predictable and Culpepper will struggle IMO.

mayotm
06-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Wow, so they pulled a Washington and signed a bunch of Big names. I don't see them gelling together right away. That will take time and without Moss on that offense, it becomes too predictable and Culpepper will struggle IMO.

Agreed. Their defense s/b better. But saying that their defense is better than Buffalo's is a bit much.

ublinkwescore
06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Had we started McGahee earlier in the year, and our O line played like it did by the time week 8 came around in the first four games, how many more wins would we have had - we might have POSSIBLY been able to beat New England when we played them at our house - if Bledsoe hadn't handed them the game with that fumble on our last fighting chance possession.

ionlyusesmilies
06-12-2005, 08:10 PM
5. Bills - great defense, and an offense that WILL find it's footing with a virtual rookie qb. Best special teams in the league, and top 5 coaching staff.

:sorry: :lmao:

ublinkwescore
06-12-2005, 08:17 PM
:sorry: :lmao:

I love how people can criticize, but can't bring anything to the table as to why they're criticizing.

ionlyusesmilies
06-12-2005, 08:30 PM
I love how people can criticize, but can't bring anything to the table as to why they're criticizing.

:yap:

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-13-2005, 06:04 AM

I don't consider them big names, just the right names. I also think they took a step in the right direction in another area of need by getting Paul Edinger.

colin
06-13-2005, 09:02 AM
i think minny has some good players, so should be a top 12 team or so.

oak should be higher (denver and Kc are close to them in overall ability).

indy is 3 -5, but it is close in spots 2-4.

i think you have us high, but i think we will be there at the end of the year, but some pains early could knock us down in terms of record (like it did last year).

if we have luck early, we will be good enough late to challenge the top teams, don't know if we would win tho

Michael82
06-13-2005, 09:46 AM
I don't consider them big names, just the right names. I also think they took a step in the right direction in another area of need by getting Paul Edinger.
Then you must not follow Paul Edinger much. :rofl:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-13-2005, 10:53 AM
No way we belong in the top 5 right now. Could we be later in the season? Maybe. But I would put us behind at least 8 other teams right now....however I do admit that the gap is narrow among the top 12 or 13 teams in the NFL.

ionlyusesmilies
06-13-2005, 10:23 PM
:blowup: