PDA

View Full Version : Wys...

4thAndLong
12-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Why do you jump ship on everything so fast? You change your reason for losing every week. First it was, "take away Henry's best carries and he has a 1 YPC average." And I remember you saying you give the Front office an A- or something because of the Bledsoe deal alone, and now your turning on Bledsoe.

How the hell is Bledsoe suppose to lead an offense when we have a pass to run ratio of 2-1. He doesn't do the playcalling, Gilbride does. Drew is a top 5 QB, Wys. He's among the top. He's not an "above" average QB...And if he is, he's certainly not worth a 1st rounder like you said before.

Novacane
12-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Drew will never be Rob Johnson so he'll never please Wys.

4thAndLong
12-21-2002, 04:57 PM
:lol:

ArcticWildMan
12-21-2002, 05:02 PM
Gilbride sucks. Drew sucks. 'nuff said.... :rolleyes:

4thAndLong
12-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Drew sucks?

We're 7-7, coming off a 3-13 year.

Who expected us to go to the playoffs? If you did, then you drank a little too much.

I expected 7-9, and thats the worse we can finish right now. No way I expected this...Drew is doing as much as he can with what he has.

Does Bledsoe make the gameplan? No

Teams are adjusting to our offense because Gilbride isn't changing anything.

ArcticWildMan
12-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I'm being facetious 4th....

WG
12-21-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Why do you jump ship on everything so fast? You change your reason for losing every week. First it was, "take away Henry's best carries and he has a 1 YPC average." And I remember you saying you give the Front office an A- or something because of the Bledsoe deal alone, and now your turning on Bledsoe.

How the hell is Bledsoe suppose to lead an offense when we have a pass to run ratio of 2-1. He doesn't do the playcalling, Gilbride does. Drew is a top 5 QB, Wys. He's among the top. He's not an "above" average QB...And if he is, he's certainly not worth a 1st rounder like you said before.

It's called progress and improvement 4th. Henry has clearly improved over the season. He's been far more consistent. Just go look at each and every run instead of his total number after each game. I do that b/c I write up the games. I'm not going to comment w/o first looking at the particulars.

As to a run ratio, who cares, if we're running well, then anyone who knows about football would disagree with you. Ultimately, if you could run each drive and score on it, you would. That's desireable. It's also impossible so teams pass too. Thus the options. In our early games, if you've been reading some of the data that I've posted, you'll note pass ratios of near 4-1. Where in the annals of good football strategy does it say that's good?

I've always heard to the contrary, especially when you are losing.

If you ask just about any coach in the league if they'd prefer a strong passing game coupled with a nominal rushing game to a strong rushing game to a nominal passing game, 90+% of them are gonna tell you the later. Gilbride won't. But then again, look what he's done in the playoffs! Nothing!

I have no idea what the rest of your post was about.

As to Bledsoe, how does a QB aspire to be a top 5 QB when he isn't even among the top 5 in most categories?

Also, if he's so great, then how come in N.E. he only had 3 seasons (out of 9) w/ more than 20 TDs and often much fewer than 20? How come he's never hit 30? How come he's never been the league MVP? How come in the playoffs he's never had a solid game and has averaged 205 yards, has a 5.3 YPA avg., has only 5 TDs to 12 INTs in 6 PO games?

In my book, a top 5 QB has some of those things. BTW, there are quite a few people who disagree that he's a top 5 QB. Many think he's average or slightly better than that. Until he starts winning games against teams that are equal or better than his own on his own like some of the other truly top 5 QBs, I am going to stand by the notion that he's only slightly better than average.

If he's to be used optimally on this team next season, it's going to have to be much like Aikman was used in Dallas. Aikman rarely had more than 3,000 yards but he was effective when they needed him. That's the problem when you bring a guy like Bledsoe here. There are expectations on the fans part and on his part, and of some of the coaches that may override the better interests of the team. Such as winning.

WG
12-21-2002, 07:16 PM
Now you answer me a question:

Q: How come since Drew's fallen from 1st to 11th in rating, from tied for 5th-7th after having fallen from 1st, 16th in TD and compl. %age, how come you really think he's a top 5 QB, especially since he's gone downhill so drastically after the start of the season?

Drew was already penciled in to get the MVP this season simply based on his high-profileness. But I think it's a shame that 2nd year guy like Henry would get snubbed when the success (aka wins) of this team is so much more based around his good play and has actually been ruined by Drew in two games w/ help from the STs in the other. K.C. and the first Jets games.

Henry's meant more to wins for this team than Drew has.