PDA

View Full Version : What happens if...

Crisis
06-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Losman gets injured before or during the season....And Holcomb comes in and absolutely tears it up. He leads us to a playoff birth and has great success as QB.

Is he the starter when Losman gets healthy, or do we have another RJ/Flutie controversy?

buffalofan19
06-12-2005, 10:08 AM
If Holcomb is the one that gets the Bills into the playoffs, then you go with him...period. I don't even want to think about the possibility of another QB controversy.

HAMMER
06-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Losman gets injured before or during the season....And Holcomb comes in and absolutely tears it up. He leads us to a playoff birth and has great success as QB.

Is he the starter when Losman gets healthy, or do we have another RJ/Flutie controversy?
Good God man! TC hasn't even started yet, leave the QB controversy threads to the trolls.

Dozerdog
06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Too be totally honest?

If the Bills wound up with a top flight QB, I don't think anyone is going to complain. As I always state- let the best man win.

Michael82
06-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't think anyone is going to complain.

I beg to differ. I guarantee that there will still be Wys and Mr. Cynical type people who love to ***** and moan about the waste of a 1st round pick, and JP Losman is a bust...yada yada yada. :nervous:

Michael82
06-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't think anyone is going to complain.

I beg to differ. I guarantee that there will still be Wys and Mr. Cynical type people who love to ***** and moan about the waste of a 1st round pick, and JP Losman is a bust...yada yada yada.

Albany,n.y.
06-12-2005, 12:48 PM
He'd have to win the Super Bowl before I handed him the job. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough, especially if defense & a strong running game are the reasons.

Uncle Jesse
06-12-2005, 04:11 PM
He'd have to win the Super Bowl before I handed him the job. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough, especially if defense & a strong running game are the reasons.
So should'nt we have done that with Losman?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-13-2005, 07:24 AM
In my opinion you have to look at if the team is winning because of him or in spite of him, and how Losman appeared to be progressing.

If Losman is injured lets say in week 4, and things are just starting to come together for him....and he goes down with a season ending injury; if Holcomb has a great remainder and gets us deep into the playoffs....I think you have an open competition in next year's TC. If Losman can win the job...great. If not, well then Holcomb is the QB and that isn't so bad, is it?
I honestly don't think Losman will miss more than 1-2 weeks this year; so this should not become an issue.

Bill Brasky
06-13-2005, 07:48 AM

Great scenario... I was wondering when it would be brought up.

Given your certain scenario, I'd leave him as the starter, if Losman is injured relatively early in the season... simply because he came in, proved he could start, proved he could take a team to the PLAYOFFS (something that hasn't happened in Buffalo in a long time), and proved he could do so playing in the best division in football on a team that has underachived recently.

I also say this because he would be riding the high from the regular season which would carry over into the playoffs, and he would have the fan support.

Face it, this team makes the playoffs -- whoever is behind center is gonna be considered a long-awaited savior in this city and benching him would cause an uproar.

The only way I could see Losman being reinstated as the starter would be if he is injured late into the season, after already proving he is heading this team in the right direction and that he can lead this team - not to mention win with them.

I think another possible scenario you are forgetting is the possiblity of JP's performance alone possibly causing a QB controversy.

If he performs well, he remains the starter and everybody in Buffalo is happy... If he comes out and stinks it up do the Bills go to Holcomb, who has stepped in during this type of situation before (and had success) eventhough MM has already said JP is our future?

Jan Reimers
06-13-2005, 08:00 AM
I hate hypothetical BS like this. I know it's the offseason, but these pointless "what ifs," which can't be answered, are really lame.

All I can say is Holcomb is a career backup who has had some really good games in that role, but has never prospered as a full time player. Kind of like Frank Reich. Losman is fast, athletic, confident, competitive and has a gun for an arm. Kind of like Jim Kelly.

Losman will be the starter - regardless of injuries and Holcomb's performance - unless he is a complete bust.

Crisis
06-13-2005, 09:21 AM
I hate hypothetical BS like this. I know it's the offseason, but these pointless "what ifs," which can't be answered, are really lame.

All I can say is Holcomb is a career backup who has had some really good games in that role, but has never prospered as a full time player. Kind of like Frank Reich. Losman is fast, athletic, confident, competitive and has a gun for an arm. Kind of like Jim Kelly.

Losman will be the starter - regardless of injuries and Holcomb's performance - unless he is a complete bust.

What else is there to talk about right now?

*****ing at TD?
*****ing at TH?

Jan Reimers
06-13-2005, 10:41 AM
What else is there to talk about right now?

*****ing at TD?
*****ing at TH?
No, you're right. It beats talking about Michael Jackson or the hideously boring NBA playoffs.

ExWNYer
06-13-2005, 10:50 AM

Agreed; however, this year alone won't determine whether or not JP is a bust, regardless of any scenario that plays out. 1st Round picks are given a looooooooooooooong leash in which to hang themselves. Organizations don't easily give up on their own high picks. Look how long it took this team to decide that RJ was a bust. :crap:

THATHURMANATOR
06-13-2005, 10:55 AM
There will be a mega controversy. Mark my words.

Michael82
06-13-2005, 11:37 AM
No, you're right. It beats talking about Michael Jackson or the hideously boring NBA playoffs.
I hope that the NBA follows the way that the morons in the NHL did things. It would be great to see the NBA go on strike. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
There will be a mega controversy. Mark my words.
I really don't see it. At 31, and given his career numbers, I don't see how Holcomb can be thought of as anything except a nice backup.

Then again, there were some who wanted Reich to permanently replace Kelly in the starting lineup, so you may be onto something, Thurm.

Jan Reimers
06-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I hope that the NBA follows the way that the morons in the NHL did things. It would be great to see the NBA go on strike. :snicker:
Yeah, for about 9 years.

Crisis
06-13-2005, 11:42 AM
How old was Flutie during the controversy???

Age isn't a factor if the player is successful.

Crisis
06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
NBA couldn't handle a strike. It's TV Ratings are way down, alot of the fanbase wouldn't bother to watch it. The only 2 sports who could survive a strike or lock-out without losing much of its fanbase would be the NFL and MLB IMO.

The only basketball I watch lately is college, unless the NBA goes back to the 70-80s era.

pleasesavedrew
06-13-2005, 05:53 PM
U start the guy who wins, it depends on how losman does before the "injury"