PDA

View Full Version : Good CBs hard 2 Find

juice
06-12-2005, 11:06 AM
If TD wants to keep Nate in Buffalo he should make him a top 5 League CB offer before the season starts or else this guy will look at how the Bills have treated other FA in the recent past, and take the highest offer to play elsewhere.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050612/2061392.asp

juice
06-12-2005, 02:40 PM
'Twoine Winfield asked TD and Co. to get a deal done before his FA season started and there was little to no effort to do so, so when the season began AW cut off contract talks and played his tail off in his FA year to up his League value, got offered the big money and never looked back, in his 1st season with Minn. he was a Pro Bowler and all of a sudden had no problems making the picks.

NC remembers the way that AW and PW were delt with this past offseason and will have no problem jetting outta here if he's not locked up early.. Nate is only 25 years old and excells in every aspect of the CB position and should get top 3 money as the hottest FA CB in the League elsewhere.

mayotm
06-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I loved Winfield, but let's face it, the defense didn't really miss him last year. Clements is a different story. He would be missed. He is on the verge of becoming a super star.

juice
06-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I loved Winfield, but let's face it, the defense didn't really miss him last year. Clements is a different story. He would be missed. He is on the verge of becoming a super star.You must not have seen the Jets game when when Chrebet had his way with McGee or the Pats game when Dillon wore down our defense.. AW was not only good for sure tackling but he was also an effective blitzer from that CB position.

Maybe McGee with a year starting experience will be more comfortable at that CB spot.. Injuries to the Safety position(Milloy/Vincent) and a lack of experience in the Backups at that position(Wire/Baker) also hurt McGees' development.

If Nate is on the Verge of becoming a SuperStar then what does that say about Winfield who might have had a better season than NC last year.

mayotm
06-12-2005, 05:21 PM
The one major difference between Winfiled and Clements is the big plays. Winfiled is a solid player, however he simply doesn't make a lot of big plays. Clements, as well as McGee, have the ability to score whenever they touch the ball. Perhaps it has nothing to do with it, but Buffalo didn't force turnovers with Winfiled playing. He leaves and they lead the league in forced turnovers, plus they scored several defensive TDs.

The_Philster
06-12-2005, 05:25 PM
reason for that is the style of play...Winfield's never been a gambler.....I kinda compare him to Thomas Smith of the mid-90s in that respect..didn't make big plays but rarely gave them up either.
Nate's just the opposite...the Jeff Burris-type...makes big plays but also gets burnt a lot

mayotm
06-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree that Nate gambles some (most big time corners do), but doesn't really get burnt too often. Other than the horrible play he made against Jacksonville, he didn't get burnt much at all last year. He was playing at an extremely high level during the last part of the year. Hey, like I stated in my original post, I loved Winfield when he was a Bill. My point is that the defense was more dominant last season without him. So how much was he really missed? Obvioulsly, at this point, he is better than McGee. However, McGee got better as the season went on. He has the potential to be very good.