PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports has Graded Bufalo's Offseason D+

jpdex12
06-12-2005, 09:09 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3678008

FoxSports sucks! They rule out any possibility of a different player filling the void and because we let a slightly above average LT go and an aging DT and got rid of the statue, we suck?

"F" FoxSports!

Dozerdog
06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
:rofl:

The awful teams - ones that have to gut themselves and start over- get 'A"s

If it makes you feel good- the Steelers got an F

Novacane
06-12-2005, 09:22 PM
basically the teams that signed the most name FA got the best grades. ask Dan Snyder how that grades out in Nov-Dec

jpdex12
06-12-2005, 09:22 PM

If it makes you feel good- the Steelers got an F
Yeah, I saw that. 15-1 really warrants a cleansing of the team...idiots!

jpdex12
06-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I saw that. 15-1 really warrants a cleansing of the team...idiots!
The Bears and KC get A's...WTF. Did the janitors for FoxSports come up with this article while everyone was on coffee break or what?

Novacane
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
The Bears and KC get A's...WTF. Did the janitors for FoxSports come up with this article while everyone was on coffee break or what?

........did you notice part of the Bears grade was Grossman being healthy for this year :rolleyes: That should have dropped their grade to an F!!!!!!!!!!!

jpdex12
06-12-2005, 10:05 PM
........did you notice part of the Bears grade was Grossman being healthy for this year :rolleyes: That should have dropped their grade to an F!!!!!!!!!!!
An "F" for what "Fragile"?:lmao:

Nublar7
06-12-2005, 11:07 PM

If it makes you feel good- the Steelers got an FRead again, D.

SoCalBillsFan
06-12-2005, 11:15 PM
What exactly did we do this offseason that warrants us getting a high grade?

Drive 4 Five
06-13-2005, 12:01 AM
I couldn't even open the P.O.S. article. I'll bet the Phish got an "A" too?

jmb1099
06-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Too many changes to really give an accurate grade on anyone yet. I think we have a good chance to improve on last year. Fox is simply trying to generate news good, bad, or indifferent.

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't think Buffalo deserves a high grade such as an A or even a B, but a D+ is a bit harsh.
1. Losing Jonas hurts but losing Williams is not as bad as some think.
2. Upgraded at left guard
3. Losing Bledsoe is not a negative and neither is going all in with your future QB. Holcomb was a very good back-up acquisition.
4. Still having Henry on the roster brings the grade down some, but it rebounds as soon as he leaves.
I would give them a C+

If the Redskins don't deserve an F, no one else does.

LtFinFan66
06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
They gave the Fins a C- and I thought we made a lot of improvement from the coaching staff all the way to the waterboy? They do suck! Can we :negrep: Fox Sports??

LtFinFan66
06-13-2005, 01:24 AM
I couldn't even open the P.O.S. article. I'll bet the Phish got an "A" too?Wrong bet there buddy. We deserved at least a B- though

Jan Reimers
06-13-2005, 04:37 AM
When Gandy and Anderson anchor the left side of the AFC Pro Bowl O line, those guys will be eating crow. Well, it's a nice fantasy. . .

feelthepain
06-13-2005, 07:02 AM
What exactly did we do this offseason that warrants us getting a high grade?

ding,ding,ding!!!!...give that man a prize!!!! I've been saying that all along.

Bill Brasky
06-13-2005, 07:13 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3678008

FoxSports sucks! They rule out any possibility of a different player filling the void and because we let a slightly above average LT go and an aging DT and got rid of the statue, we suck?

"F" FoxSports!

Before you go nuts, try to think of it from their perspective (as diluted as it may be)

That "slightly above average LT" was possibly our best lineman, as sad as that may be. We also replaced a veteran with an unproven, young, inexperienced QB that nobody has seen play...

Can you honestly blame them for giving a D+??

It's not like they report on the Bills everyday like they do with Philly and the TO situation... so of course they're going to look at the paper and be like "hmmm, they lost a lot of 'talent', I bet they suck next year"

Honestly a D+ isn't far off... I'd grade this offseason as a C+ AT BEST.

Our OLine still stinks, possibly worse than before; we have a crappy kicker who couldn't hit 90% playing in the best climate possible; and our TE situation is not looking promising, at least right now. Those three factors alone could spell disaster for a young QB with little Pro-game experience. It's not like he'll be able to settle in the pocket and make big throws, so to an outsider the situation looks far worse than a D+ IMO...

Oh... we also used our first draft pick, #53 mind you, to take a "speed" guy because our returners last year apparently weren't good enough and we don't have enough speed guys on the team.

Can you really blame an outsider for grading a D+. I can't.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-13-2005, 08:04 AM
In the academic world, a D+ equates to just barely keeeping your head above water; and being slightly below average.

To me, this fits the Bills pretty well in that the only positions we got better at are LG and QB. LG could be easily argued that Anderson is not a significant improvement, but I think that he is a much better player thn who we had on the roster in December.

QB....our depth is better, but you can't call Losman an improvement yet.

So.....although I don't see us as taking steps back, I don't see how we really improved much in this offseason. Which is the point of the offseason...right? To make your team better? We didn't have much cash to spend, so we did the best we could.....but that doesn't equate to a high grade, does it?

Historian
06-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Dozer is right. You don't want good offseason grades. You want good seasonal grades.

Our team is built, and set to compete.

Grade that.

mysticsoto
06-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Before you go nuts, try to think of it from their perspective (as diluted as it may be)

That "slightly above average LT" was possibly our best lineman, as sad as that may be. We also replaced a veteran with an unproven, young, inexperienced QB that nobody has seen play...

It's not like they report on the Bills everyday like they do with Philly and the TO situation... so of course they're going to look at the paper and be like "hmmm, they lost a lot of 'talent', I bet they suck next year"

Our OLine still stinks, possibly worse than before; we have a crappy kicker who couldn't hit 90% playing in the best climate possible; and our TE situation is not looking promising, at least right now. Those three factors alone could spell disaster for a young QB with little Pro-game experience. It's not like he'll be able to settle in the pocket and make big throws, so to an outsider the situation looks far worse than a D+ IMO...

Oh... we also used our first draft pick, #53 mind you, to take a "speed" guy because our returners last year apparently weren't good enough and we don't have enough speed guys on the team.

I don't think JJ was out best lineman...he was frequently injured and out. Either TT or CV would probably get that distinction - as they were pretty solid in their positions. MW also came around toward the 2nd half of the season. Our O-line will probably be similar to last years except for 1 thing, we don't have a leaded, immovable, deer in the headlights, bullseye target standing behind the linemen.

Also, this "speed" guy as you called him will greatly improve an offense by giving JP a target receiver underneath - since Reed was clearly not up to the task. If linebackers try to cheat and inch up to stop the run, Parrish will burn them across the middle. And the CBs & S can't help out b'cse they have their hands full covering Moulds and Evans. I didn't like it at 1st myself, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense.

Offense was our worst last year, and they've tried to give JP weapons to improve it. Our D and ST will once again be a force. If we can get our offense to produce a little more, we should do pretty well.

BuffaloRanger
06-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Rose colored glasses.

The Bills added through FA:

Gandy - Originally thought to be 3rd OT - now a starting LT

Holcomb - Although a solid pickup, Back up QBs don't (and shouldn't) produce great off season grades.

Anderson - Improvement? Yes. But Ravens didn't attempt to sign him.

That's easily a D- compared to what other teams added.

The Bills added through the draft:

Parrish - small speed WR. Bills fans see only positives. Rest of the league sees the limitations.

Everett - already lost for the season.

Duke - 4th rd Centers don't garner alot of attention as great off season moves. May contribute this season, may not.

Nothing "can't miss here" (only Parrish may see any playing time thi year) = C-

Dicknoze69
06-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Off-season grades are wack.

To the casual media observer, we haven't had a good off-season. They see 3 big losses: PW, Jonas, and Drew.

To the hardcore NFL fan, they know Jonas wasn't that good, Pat is on the wrong side of 30, and Drew just sucks now.

Media sees the big names and grades according to that. They don't see the whole picture.

I still wouldn't give us that great of an off-season grade, but then again, I'd be giving out Incompletes until we see some real action.

Jan Reimers
06-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Rose colored glasses.

Holcomb - Although a solid pickup, Back up QBs don't (and shouldn't) produce great off season grades.

Parrish - small speed WR. Bills fans see only positives. Rest of the league sees the limitations.

Duke - 4th rd Centers don't garner alot of attention as great off season moves. May contribute this season, may not.

Don't forget ReShard Lee and LaWaylon (Jennings) Brown, two of the great first names in football.

thebuffalobills4
06-13-2005, 02:02 PM
well fox hired some dumbass writers for their site.fox in my opinion just does not like the bills.well screw forx sports. :D:

jpdex12
06-13-2005, 10:23 PM

OK, we've heard your negatives, now let's hear why you think that we're deserving of a C+. I would have liked a C+.

jpdex12
06-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Rose colored glasses.

Couldn't you also say that Buffalo really didn't try to sign JJ or PW so they must not be improvements to other teams that dished out big deals for them? Hence your Anderson quote.