PDA

View Full Version : Everyone else is doing it. Why can't I?

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2005, 04:52 AM
New England Patriots: They are the consensus number one for obvious reasons. They are still wrought with talent.
Pittsburgh Steelers: I, for one, have to give them credit for a 15-1 record with a rookie QB. They will be hard pressed to repeat that, but their chances are no different than last year.
Philadelphia Eagles: They were unrivaled in the NFC last year. They will be just as good as long as they take care of the Owens situation.
Indianapolis Colts: They did nothing to improve and may have a weaker line without DeMulling, but it's hard to drop them while Peyton Manning runs the show.
Baltimore Ravens: If it was at all possible, this defense got better. They can control games with the running attack.
San Diego Chargers: I don't think last year was a fluke. They have found an almost New England-like balance there.
Denver Broncos: The defense is going to be solid and this offense is slowly improving. The AFC West continues to be tough.
Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta's defense is looking very good and Vick can make things happen. If he can distribute the ball better, this team can quickly make a move.
Minnesota Vikings: The only reason I did not rank them higher is the question of whether the set of injury prone RB's can be effective and whether the young talent at WR can step up. The defense looks really good on paper.
New York Jets: They laid another draft egg this year, but they are on the rise and destined to choke in the playoffs again.
Jacksonville Jaguars: The defense is stalwart but they still have problems scoring. The health of Fred Taylor is key.
Buffalo Bills: Great defense and special teams will take you places, but only if you can score are you playoff material. Does McGahee need to be Mr. Everything or can virtual rookie QB, Losman be effective?
Kansas City Chiefs: They can score at will and have finally added defensive talent. They are aging, but I didn't notice much dropoff last year and the latest trend of older players leading the league bodes well for them. The AFC West is scary, no?
Carolina Panthers: They will feel the loss of Muhammed, but the return of Jenkins, Smith and Foster should get them back on track.
Green Bay Packers: Maybe I'm being unfair, but this team has no defense and the o-line is not going to be nearly as good. Favre will be lucky to finish the season even with his cajones.
St. Louis Rams: Same old, same old for the Rams. The offense will be explosive again, the defense will be lackluster, and Martz will not help anything.
Cincinnatti Bengals: They could be another team to move up fast depending on their ability to defend. The offense is ready to bloom.
Oakland Raiders: All offense, maybe, and definately no defense. They will have to score 30 ppg just to make it to .500 which I think they will do.
Detroit Lions: This team is waiting for Joey Harrington. If he finally breaks out, this team will rise to playoff contention. If he flops, they drop.
New York Giants: Eli's gonads may drop this year and they should be #2 in the second worst division in football from last year.
Arizona Cardinals: Ready to play for a division title. Depending on Warner's adjustment and the effectiveness of the running game, they could be a handful.
Seattle Seahawks: I expected more from this team in 2004 and now they have problems with Alexander. They sabotaged themselves just as they were on the verge.
New Orleans Saints: No moves to improve a last place defense? They are letting a talented offense go to waste.
Dallas Cowboys: Bledsoe is not the answer to replace Testaverde. It could very well be a downgrade. A new defensive system built on rookies will need time to develop. Maybe next year.
Chicago Bears: The defense is mediocre but the potential lies in the offense. Can Grossman get these guys clicking? If he does, they can move.
Houston Texans: They are the poster boys for "blah." They just can't seem to get the right people in place.
Tampa Bay Bucaneers: Improved offense with a rookie RB but lost their best guard. Their defense will win them a few games. I don't see them turning it around.
Washington Redskins: Had a hell of a defense last year, but went and let Pierce and Smoot go. They will soon realize that Moss is a dropoff from Coles and Ramsey is not a leader.
Miami Dolphins: One thing about Miami is that they are never down for long. This year will be better, but not much. Their defense is diminished, the o-line can't move, and they still have questions at QB.
Cleveland Browns: Making some of the right moves but Dilfer is not an improvement at QB, and Crennel will need time to get his team in line. The defense looks pretty good once you get past the line.
San Francisco 49ers: Made slight improvements on both sides of the ball, but not nearly enough to pull them from the gutter.
Tennessee Titans: Steve McNair will keep things respectable on offense, but this defense is in big trouble. McNair will not have the weapons to overcome this fate.

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2005, 11:20 PM
This power ranking sucks. :D

Pay attention to me dammit! :nuk:

juice
06-14-2005, 02:53 AM
Good ranking Andy:up:

Drive 4 Five
06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Except that Miami should be ranked lower. They F'in suck...

J/K

:shutup:

ublinkwescore
06-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Why does everyone else on here have their nose so far up minnesota's, Jacksonville's, Denver's and baltimore's asses?

towards the end of the year last season, if we would have played any of those teams, it would have come down to who had homefield advantage - except for the Vikings we would have smoked them even if we played in Minnesota.

ublinkwescore
06-14-2005, 03:51 PM
same with the jets - they got lucky against us when we played them at Giants stadium.