X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

mark gaugan view on nate

i couldnt agree with gaughn here more just like we renewed schobel last year the TOM's need to do the same with nate. id love to see nate sign a nice 6 year 40 mil contract with a 15 mil bonus it would be market value making him a top 5 paid CB and would in the end be a sweet deal for the bills.

if no other significant player is brought into buffalo this year my list of things to do for the TOM's is as follows.

1. trade henry

2. rework BIG mikes deal bring that cap figure back to reality at about 5 mil a year somehow

3. resign nate to a deal like described above
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Is there any Bills out there who doesn't want to spend the big money and lock up Nate?
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

OOPS DP
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Nate is a very solid CB who I would like to see in a Bills' uniform for several more years - but only at an affordable price. I'm not sure if we should give him the kind of money that the Vikes gave Winfield, for instance, even though I feel Nate is a better all-around corner.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          Nate is a very solid CB who I would like to see in a Bills' uniform for several more years - but only at an affordable price. I'm not sure if we should give him the kind of money that the Vikes gave Winfield, for instance, even though I feel Nate is a better all-around corner.
          I tend to agree but you only get a player of Nate's caliber about once every 5 to 7 years. He is a force in the secondary and he commands a lot of respect by some of the top WR in the game. He deserves a big payday and I say even if we go a little above what TD and crew want to spend we still get an excellent CB that has had very little injury problems. I just worry he may choose to wait because his agent is in his ear telling him he will command the highest signing bonus a CB has ever seen in FA.

The worst part is if he is being told that by his agent the guy is not far off either!

I trust TD to do the right thing. He signed TKO, Sam Adams, and Schoble to very competitive Deals and I think when the talent is there TD will pay top dollar. He just is not known to over pay.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Clements is turning into an ELITE cornerback. He's not even 26 yet, we need to lock him up at all costs!
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Which teams do people think will be interested in him next year? Will Washington still be interested? Who else?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
                Clements is turning into an ELITE cornerback. He's not even 26 yet, we need to lock him up at all costs!
                In the Salary Cap Age, "at all costs" always scares me.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

I'm not too worried about Nate. I remember when Winfield wanted out last year, Clements' agent was quoted as saying that Nate would love to stay in Buffalo and have no problem re-signing here. Obviously Nate is gonna want a big contract, but I don't think Donahoe would ever just let him walk. I think that's why they let Antoine go because they wanted to focus on being able to re-sign Nate.

If you think about it, Nate was the first player Donahoe ever drafted in Buffalo and it has been one of his best picks ever. He drafted him with the expectations that he would become a great CB, and now that he has I'm sure he's going to do whatever it takes to keep him here long term.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                    Exhausted of Losing
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Which teams do people think will be interested in him next year? Will Washington still be interested? Who else?
                    Nate is a playmaker and a shut down corner. Pretty much any team could use a guy like that. I really want us to keep a rising stud like Clements. I think TD just has to find a way to keep him. CBs like Nate definately don't grow on trees.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

If I have to choose between Nate and extending Willis after a big season this year (hopefully) I would extend Willis.
                      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

What he did against Chad "Big Mouth" Johnson is proof enough. 2 catches, 10 yards. I would lock him down for 5 years, and pay him like a top 7 CB.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Krumrie
                          Is there any Bills out there who doesn't want to spend the big money and lock up Nate?
                          Only lock him up if he is penalized for idiot mistakes as well as getting incentives (as are in all contracts) for being reoognized by "peers" for Pro Bowl.

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Nope. RBs can be replaced and Willis has been hurt before; as long as his agent is Rosenass he will be a headache.

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

Nate is top 3! If not the top CB. He is a awesome tackler, punt returner and is a showtime type catcher. Like a poster said above" his type only come around every 5-7 years. If he is top three then whats the problem with paying him what the top 3 commands? IMO this D is built around TKO & Nate. Everyone else can be replaced at some point. Schobel is a personal favorite and i bought a jersey but i accept he isn't 1/2 the DE that Clements is to CB.....
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• kevinj22
                              • Feb 2005

I think that the Bills want Nate and that Nate wants us. Saying that I still think that we shouldn't overspend on him. I like the idea of 6 years at 40 mil. We just have to hope that he likes it as well, if not then we move on. We lost Nate Odomes (who did nothing after he left) and we moved on, we lost Winfield (hands of stone) and we moved on. So I think that we will be a better team with him certainly but we won't fall off the map without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X