PDA

View Full Version : NFL Hopefuls Following Moorman's Footsteps

The_Philster
06-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Over the past three years, Bills punter Brian Moorman has quickly become one of the best players in the league at his position. In the last two seasons, Moorman has had the second-best punting average in the AFC and the third-best in the NFL.

Several Bills will be looking to follow in the footsteps of Moorman this coming training camp; not in punting, but in having a successful transition to the NFL from NFL Europe.http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3220
http://www.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/BD05C0272D264EB38F3954573507E2BF.jpg

Bill Brasky
06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Many people fail to see how valuable this guy is.

BlackMetalNinja
06-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Many people fail to see how valuable this guy is.
Not me, Jerome Swift would never ever let me... He was going on about him again while wasted this weekend!

Jan Reimers
06-14-2005, 06:59 AM
If Moorman punted in a dome or a warm weather city, he would be All Universe. Unfortunately, his numbers - because of kicking in the wind tunnel that is the Ralph - are not as good as some others, so he fails to get the national recognition he deserves.

Voltron
06-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I think that more and more of the football media are noticing him. I think it helps to have Steve Tasker doing national stuff because I have heard him mention Moorman more than once.

It is BS that he is overlooked. We should see how we could get some type of campaign going that would get him the national recognition he deserves. I think he is one of the most talented guys on the team and I was happy to see him get a nice long contract.

Pride
06-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Cool! All you guys get :up::up:

He's got a good point about the draft stuff though - I mean, it's in there, but unless you look under Articles or by date, you wouldn't see them. I need to add a 200x Draft tab in there at some point.

His mom should do it... like Cowart's mom did to get him into the pro bowl.

I agree, he is invaluable... but it also kills me to see guys on the boards who just say "Kickers aren't important". Well if a punter can be important... how can a kicker not be?

As a coach, if you were given the opportunity to get a WR who could guarantee you a TD (6 points) per game... would you take him? Hell yes you would! A WR who scores 16 TD's a season is considered a pro bowler. So why not a guy who can kick 6 points for you??

I just dont get it!