PDA

View Full Version : History of Buffalo Broadcasting

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 02:06 PM
hey if you are a dork like me and into this sort of stuff I just found a sweet website that timelines the entire history of Broadcasting in Buffalo. It's pretty cool... you can look up any event in Buffalo's radio or television history.

http://www.buffalobroadcasting.com/timeline/timeline.htm

BlackMetalNinja
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
hey if you are a dork like me and into this sort of stuff I just found a sweet website that timelines the entire history of Broadcasting in Buffalo. It's pretty cool... you can look up any event in Buffalo's radio or television history.

http://www.buffalobroadcasting.com/timeline/timeline.htm
Where the hell is the time they showed my farm league team on Channel 7???? I felt like a celebrity cause they showed me running from first to second on tv!

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I dont know, they also left out the time we played against Niagra Catholic in football. Those dudes were suppossed to "beat the crap outta us" and we won 16-0. I ruled that game, I still have the tape somewheres.

Dora The Explorer
06-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I thought you were talking about Buffalo, Puerto Rico.

BlackMetalNinja
06-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I thought you were talking about Buffalo, Puerto Rico.
Nah, we're Cubans, not Puerto Ricans.

Dora The Explorer
06-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Nah, we're Cubans, not Puerto Ricans.
:laughing:

Dora The Explorer
06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I really want to buy a house in Buffalo. A big house with a lot of land.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 02:21 PM
CUBA NY In tha house!!

I really want to buy a house in Buffalo. A big house with a lot of land.

do it. houses are cheap. if was living back home I'd be able to buy a house in a year or two... living here I'll never be able to afford one, at least not anytime this decade.

OpIv37
06-14-2005, 02:25 PM
CUBA NY In tha house!!

do it. houses are cheap. if was living back home I'd be able to buy a house in a year or two... living here I'll never be able to afford one, at least not anytime this decade.

tell me about it- we're lucky we bought when we did or else we wouldn't be able to afford anything either. We could probably sell one of our parking spaces to the neighbors and use the money to buy a 3 bedroom house in Buffalo.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
tell me about it- we're lucky we bought when we did or else we wouldn't be able to afford anything either. We could probably sell one of our parking spaces to the neighbors and use the money to buy a 3 bedroom house in Buffalo.

when I moved down here in October I was finding a few places here and there in the high 2's... now, it is 6 months later, and I can't find anything under 4... absolutely pathetic.

400 grand for a ****ty 2 bedroom house that needs 25,000+ in repairs.

and nothing has yards, everybody is packed together like sardines.

OpIv37
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
when I moved down here in October I was finding a few places here and there in the high 2's... now, it is 6 months later, and I can't find anything under 4... absolutely pathetic.

400 grand for a ****ty 2 bedroom house that needs 25,000+ in repairs.

and nothing has yards, everybody is packed together like sardines.

Same thing here- we started looking in March of last year at places that were in the mid-200's, but then found out we'd have to pay capital gains if we moved before August. So we started looking again in June, and everything that was in the mid 200's in March was up to like $315,000 and had multiple bids on them already. We ended up finding a place that needed a lot more repairs than we wanted because it was the only way to get into a decent-sized place in a nice neighborhood. And nothing has yards here either- it's mostly townhouses and condos, and even the really big $850,000 places being built now are only 15 feet from the neighbor's house.

but home ownership has it's downside- it's 95 degrees with 95% humidity and we have no A/C for the forseeable future.

pjw
06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
where i live was just named one of the most unaffordable place in america. Sacramento CA. I live about 40 miles north of sacramento in 99 I paid 83K for my 1600 sq' house and I just sold it for 280K.
you cant touch a new house here for under 300K.
the houses in sac, you cant touch for under 500K, most people are now using the interest only loans to buy a house.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
where i live was just named one of the most unaffordable place in america.

same here.

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:01 PM
i guess its a good thing if you bought a while ago and want to sell

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
i guess its a good thing if you bought a while ago and want to sell

which is exactly why houses are so much now.

all these *******s who didn't need a house now own 3 or 4 and have outpriced the few of us who really would like to own a house instead of living in a run down apt complex.

capitalist pigs.

OpIv37
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
where i live was just named one of the most unaffordable place in america. Sacramento CA. I live about 40 miles north of sacramento in 99 I paid 83K for my 1600 sq' house and I just sold it for 280K.
you cant touch a new house here for under 300K.
the houses in sac, you cant touch for under 500K, most people are now using the interest only loans to buy a house.

In DC and the surrounding counties (Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax VA, Montgomery and parts of Prince George's MD), you can't touch a single family house for under $450,000, and new townhomes start in that range. Some older townhomes are in the high 3's.

We bought a 1600 sq ft condo in 2002 for $107,500 and sold it in August '04 for $154,000. The guy that bought it from us fixed it up and sold it in december for $216,000. FOR A DAMN CONDO! It's not even near public transportation or the major highway.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't mind a condo right now, just can't afford one. Only one's I'm finding around here are going for at least 275$... most are in the 3's

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
which is exactly why houses are so much now.

all these *******s who didn't need a house now own 3 or 4 and have outpriced the few of us who really would like to own a house instead of living in a run down apt complex.

capitalist pigs.oink oink, i guess im a pig.
since i have been in cali i have owned 5 houses fixed up and sold 3, lived in one and rented the other.
oink oink,
now im going to another state to buy my retirement home and driving up their market by paying cash, when my wife went back there last month the realtor told her that the locals werent happy becasue alot of people were doing that, so it is driving up their cost of living.
oink

OpIv37
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't mind a condo right now, just can't afford one. Only one's I'm finding around here are going for at least 275$... most are in the 3's
there are condos in Old Town Alexandria in the $800,000 range. You need to watch the condo fees too- we were paying almost $300/month.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
oink oink, i guess im a pig.
since i have been in cali i have owned 5 houses fixed up and sold 3, lived in one and rented the other.
oink oink,
now im going to another state to buy my retirement home and driving up their market by paying cash, when my wife went back there last month the realtor told her that the locals werent happy becasue alot of people were doing that, so it is driving up their cost of living.
oink

well yeah, it does suck. i understand the whole buying and fixing and what not, my dad does the same thing. it just sucks for people starting out like myself. we are already priced out of the market... you've had years to get ahead of yourself and didn't have the prices that we have nowadays. i couldn't even afford an apt by myself so my gf moved in with me, and even now w/ both of us under one roof its still hard to afford living here cuz most people are just so damn greedy.

there are condos in Old Town Alexandria in the $800,000 range. You need to watch the condo fees too- we were paying almost $300/month.

i think the fees here are around the same price.

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
i just got lucky is all, had good advice other wise i would be in the same boat.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:22 PM
i just got lucky is all, had good advice other wise i would be in the same boat.

care to share??? :peace:

OpIv37
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
well yeah, it does suck. i understand the whole buying and fixing and what not, my dad does the same thing. it just sucks for people starting out like myself. we are already priced out of the market... you've had years to get ahead of yourself and didn't have the prices that we have nowadays. i couldn't even afford an apt by myself so my gf moved in with me, and even now w/ both of us under one roof its still hard to afford living here cuz most people are just so damn greedy.

How do you figure? The system only works when buyers agree to buy at the higher prices. Somehow the people buying these places are getting money. I'm glad we don't have an interest only mortgage because those people are going to get screwed when the market slows down. (actually, we have a 2nd mortgage that's interest only to avoid PMI, but it's only for 1/10 of the amount we financed and we've already more than made it up in equity).

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:25 PM
care to share??? :peace:move out of NY!

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:35 PM
move out of NY!

I've been working on that for quite some time. Know any tv places hiring in NorCal?

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:38 PM
I've been working on that for quite some time. Know any tv places hiring in NorCal?unfortunatly i dont, you dont want to move here, the weathers great but it is so expensive here too.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:39 PM
unfortunatly i dont, you dont want to move here, the weathers great but it is so expensive here too.

I lived in LA for a while, and always wanted to move back. I'd put up with the cost of living, at least out there has it's advantages. I hate living in NY.

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:43 PM
i could see where it would if you were in tv, maybe you could get on tv.
i think the best thing to do is commute, but that sucks too.
for you, you have to be in a big city i would think for tv.
how bout somewhere down south? TX is pretty cheap.
AZ isnt that bad either.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 03:55 PM
i could see where it would if you were in tv, maybe you could get on tv.
i think the best thing to do is commute, but that sucks too.
for you, you have to be in a big city i would think for tv.
how bout somewhere down south? TX is pretty cheap.
AZ isnt that bad either.

I like PHX but I can't find anything there. Not really a fan of TX.

You are right, I have to be in a pretty big media market to have a job. Only problem is nobody will hire me unless I live in or around the certain area, which is why I couldn't even get callbacks from LA places cuz I was in NY... and at the time I had no $$ to move out to LA.

pjw
06-14-2005, 03:58 PM
no one in their right mind likes tx but it is cheap to live down there.
how bout atlanta, you could work for Ted Turner, then you could choke his
wife at the company xmas party.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 04:01 PM
how bout atlanta, you could work for Ted Turner, then you could choke his
wife at the company xmas party.

I applied there too, same excuses (I didn't live in ATL)... apparently all these places forgot about the technology known as airplanes...

pjw
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
some of those places just got indoor plumbing last week, they dont know what airplanes are. how the hell are you supposed to get a job if you dont live there, who gives a crap if your willing to move and if your qualified for the job?
maybe you just suck at what you do? J/K.

Bill Brasky
06-14-2005, 04:05 PM
who gives a crap if your willing to move and if your qualified for the job?

:idunno:

I was able to move to Long Island in less than a week, I don't know what people's problems are.

I was actually 2 weeks from moving to LA just so I could say I lived there and could get a job. I had finally saved enough money from my summer gig bartending then I got the job here so I never had to move.