PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired........

Luisito23
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Of hearing about that jerk Owens, all they do on Espn is talk about his greedy ass over and over again, I mean I could understand hearing it 4 a lil bit, but this is just pathetic, and I also just heard about Ray Lewis wanting a new contract and 50 mill. upfront.....
2 me they're a bunch of sad excuses 4 football players, who don't care about loyalty 2 their teams or city, or fans....
whateva happened 2 the true humble Superstars like the 1 & only Barry Sanders who neither cared about fame nor $...
Damn I miss the old NFL....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! :band: :band:

juice
06-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Of hearing about that jerk Owens, all they do on Espn is talk about his greedy ass over and over again, I mean I could understand hearing it 4 a lil bit, but this is just pathetic, and I also just heard about Ray Lewis wanting a new contract and 50 mill. upfront.....
2 me they're a bunch of sad excuses 4 football players, who don't care about loyalty 2 their teams or city, or fans....
whateva happened 2 the true humble Superstars like the 1 & only Barry Sanders who neither cared about fame nor $...
Damn I miss the old NFL....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! :band: :band:Can you blame the players? ask Peerless Price what happened to the teams loyalty to players.. There are no guaranteed contracts.

Ed
06-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Get used to hearing about the Owens saga. As training camp and the season get closer, you're going to be hearing about it more and more if Owens is still holding out. ESPN will probably create a whole new channel just for all the contract dramas going on around the league.

Marvelous
06-14-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree. But Barry Sanders used to cause problems over money & if i remember correctly he held out for a lil bit... A better example could be Phil Simms :)

AndreReed83
06-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Get ready to hear even more about Owens if the holdout goes into the reg. season and the Eagles start off poorly.

feelthepain
06-14-2005, 11:34 PM
TO.....torturing the Eagles,couldn't happen to a better city or fanbase!!!! I hope he holds out and doesn't return. If any team (other then the Bills ofcourse):lmao: is less worthy of a SB it's the Eagles IMO. I live in the Philly area and these fans are such spoiled babys. They tell everyone that will listen that they are the greatest fans and have the best team and then when they lose they are bashing the team. It just sucks living in this area if your not a Eagle fan. I just love to see them lose in every sport!!

Bert102176
06-15-2005, 12:40 AM
well heck feelthepain everyone knows the Bills have the best fans

Jan Reimers
06-15-2005, 05:54 AM
As much as we fans put our hearts into it, football is still a cold, hard, business. The mix of millionaire owners and players, with greedy agents stirring the pot, makes for some very unsavory situations.

I mostly focus on what's happening on the field, because the business side is so distasteful.

SABURZFAN
06-15-2005, 05:58 AM
TO.....torturing the Eagles,couldn't happen to a better city or fanbase!!!!

unless it was miami. :snicker:

Bulldog
06-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Can you blame the players? ask Peerless Price what happened to the teams loyalty to players.. There are no guaranteed contracts.

Yeah, I hear ya juice. Playing a game for millions of dollars a year must be a difficult situation to handle. It's a wonder these guys can afford to feed their family. I'd like to see any one of these players go work a factory job for 40-80 hours/wk and make $7.00 an hour. Then maybe they would have some perspective on how ridiculous they sound when they start complaining about money.

Stewie
06-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I hear ya juice. Playing a game for millions of dollars a year must be a difficult situation to handle. It's a wonder these guys can afford to feed their family. I'd like to see any one of these players go work a factory job for 40-80 hours/wk and make $7.00 an hour. Then maybe they would have some perspective on how ridiculous they sound when they start complaining about money.

You sound rediculous by making blanket statements and assumptions.

You don't know how many people these guys support. They might be financially supporting over 100 people if they're feeding their extended family. What's wrong with wanting the ability to do that forever? Nothing. You're not the one putting your health on the line, they are, and since the team has no obligation to the player, neither should the player have any obligation to the team.

It's a two way street.

Ed
06-15-2005, 03:42 PM
You also have to remember that these players are helping generate billions of dollars, so they do deserve their cut. All that money has to go somewhere and the players only have a small window of opportunity to cash in on it.

pleasesavedrew
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I agree with owens, but i think ray lewis has a TRUE passion for the game, i doubt he holds out if he doesnt get what he wants.