X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Deion coming back?

Deion Sanders is talking on The NFL Today about coming back to playing. Not for a full season but for a playoff run and he's talking about the Raiders being the team.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

It will happen.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Front Runner, always has been, always will be.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Offered a contract for this year's playoff run?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Sanders says he's in discussions with Raiders

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Deion Sanders is discussing coming out of retirement to join the Oakland Raiders for the playoffs
          "I may come back to a playoff team," he said Sunday on CBS Sports' "NFL Today," where he's a studio host. "I've made contact, I have spoken to my attorney, we have spoken to the Oakland Raiders."
          The Raiders confirmed Sunday that the club has contacted Sanders about possibly coming out of retirement. Sanders' agent Eugene Parker told ESPN there was no offer made by the Raiders and that talks were in the preliminary stages. Sanders, a cornerback, retired after the 2000 season and 11 years in the NFL
          Raiders senior assistant Bruce Allen told ESPN on Sunday that Sanders is not available because he is still on the Washington Redskins' reserve list. When reached, a spokesman for the Redskins said Sanders is not on the Redskins reserve list and is retired. .....more

Comment

• Mr.Reality
            • Nov 2002

I think it's an excellent solution to getting him out of the studio.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

I kinda got a kick out of his Sanders Claus skit today

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

I'd run the ball right at him 50 times a game. He never did tackle a runner in the open field.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                  I'm Really 4 and Short
                  • Sep 2002

Just one more old player for the Raiders, they're getting desperate. Aren't they over the cap by 50 mil next year?

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Sanders was released from the Redskins today. If I was Tennesee I would claim him up so Oakland can't get at him.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Redskins won't stand in way, cut Sanders loose

Deion Sanders was released by the Washington Redskins on Monday, clearing the first of several obstacles for him to play for the Oakland Raiders.

Sanders now must clear waivers for the Raiders to be able to sign him.

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder had told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that he will not stand in the way of any Raiders attempt to sign Deion Sanders out of retirement.
                      more

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Safeties-turned-corners keep Broncos in check

By John Clayton
                        OAKLAND, Calif. -- Cornerback Charles Woodson limped along the sidelines wearing a warm stocking cap and a painful grin. Cornerback Tory James took time away from rehabbing his broken leg to watch. Safety Derrick Gibson gutted it out on a bad ankle and refused to come off the field.

For cornerbacks against the Broncos, all the Raiders had were Terrance Shaw and Clarence Love. More safeties played in the nickel than cornerbacks. Do the Raiders need Deion Sanders? Does a starving man need a burger? You bet the Raiders could use another cornerback. If Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes want to come out of retirement, they'd sign them up in a second.

"We need help," Woodson said following the 28-16 AFC West division-clinching victory Sunday over the Broncos. "Everybody in our secondary is banged up. If trying to get Prime Time helps us win a Super Bowl, why would I have a problem with that?"

more

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I hope the Bengals claim him!! That would be priceless!!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Steelers, Titans block Raiders' attempt

The Raiders will not land Deion Sanders.
                            At least two teams -- the Steelers and Titans -- put in waiver claims on Sanders before the 4 p.m. ET Tuesday deadline, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.

The Broncos and Patriots also were considering putting in a claim. The Raiders, with a 10-5 record, are higher-seeded than all four of those teams, so Oakland would not have a shot since claims are awarded in inverse order of NFL standing.

The team that gets Sanders can simply put him on its reserved-retired list, if it so chooses.

more

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Good!!! I hope Deion never gets a chance to play a down.

Comment

Working...
                              X