• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Email the Bills - letter to TD

Dear Mr. Donahoe,

I am a long time Bills fan. I went to the "Rockpile" to watch Bills games as a kid. I love the throwbacks with the standing buffalo. They bring back a lot of memories, and I plan to "load up" in the pro shop.

Along those lines, I made a point to watch the NFL Network "In Their Words" show about Lou Saban. Lou is one of the most fiery competators to have ever played or coached in the league. I was proud of the way he turned around the Bills and OJ's career.

I know he left under poor circumstances both times. But time marches on. Lou still has a warm spot in the hearts of older Bills fans, and many of us feel he should be honored. I think that it's time for Mr. Wilson and Mr. Saban to bury the hatchet. It's time for Lou to be up on the wall of fame.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Lou Piccone, too.
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

Yeah I watched that too. What were him and Ralph's issues?
        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I agree EE. Other than Marv, Saban was the best Bills coach ever. It would be great to see the two old geezers get together again.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Great thread. Saban definitely deserves to be on the wall.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Does anyone know how many people can fit on the wall? In my mind, you still have (at least) Thurmal, Bruce, Reed, Tasker, Beebe, Bennett, Polian (if not for him, those guys wouldn't have been here). That is 7 more people. How many spots are left? What are they going to do when there is no more wall? My guess is they will start double stacking the names...

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                Does anyone know how many people can fit on the wall? In my mind, you still have (at least) Thurmal, Bruce, Reed, Tasker, Beebe, Bennett, Polian (if not for him, those guys wouldn't have been here). That is 7 more people. How many spots are left? What are they going to do when there is no more wall? My guess is they will start double stacking the names...
                They are already on the other side of the stadium now (tunnel endzone)

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  Beebe
                  No way does he get a spot on the wall.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                    Why not? He was here from 89-94 and was a go to guy many times for Kelly. He also was the one saving grace in the 52-17 blowout vs Dallas by hustling down the field and knocking the ball from Lett's hands, showing true determination and guts. And he publicly dedicated his first SB win with GB to the people of Buffalo, saying he hoped that in some way they could share in the feeling just a little bit.

Just because he wasn't a probowler or stats leader doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered IMO. Granted I'd put him at the bottom of the list of people I mentioned, but I still think he can be considered.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      Thanks.

But the inside ring stilll had spots left, right? How many would you say?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        I think they can find additional space, too.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Agreed.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            Agreed.
                            I'm curious why you are so sure he won't. I'm not saying he is a lock, but I do think he will be considered (and IMO should be up there).

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              Dear Mr. Donahoe,

I am a long time Bills fan. I went to the "Rockpile" to watch Bills games as a kid. I love the throwbacks with the standing buffalo. They bring back a lot of memories, and I plan to "load up" in the pro shop.

Along those lines, I made a point to watch the NFL Network "In Their Words" show about Lou Saban. Lou is one of the most fiery competators to have ever played or coached in the league. I was proud of the way he turned around the Bills and OJ's career.

I know he left under poor circumstances both times. But time marches on. Lou still has a warm spot in the hearts of older Bills fans, and many of us feel he should be honored. I think that it's time for Mr. Wilson and Mr. Saban to bury the hatchet. It's time for Lou to be up on the wall of fame.

i was watching that at work yesterday.the only problem is there was no sound.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X