PDA

View Full Version : This is why the BILLS can't leave Buffalo

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Bills Donate: The Bills have donated $200,000 to the Buffalo Public Schools system. The money will go towards the addition of a new synthetic field and track to All-High Stadium. This is where many of the Buffalo high schools play their games. :up:

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#061505

OpIv37
06-15-2005, 08:11 AM
dammit, I know it's the off-season and camp hasn't started and we're all bored to tears, but I don't want to see one more thread that discusses the possibility of the Bills leaving Buffalo. Every time I see something like that, it makes me feel slightly nauseaus, like I just got off one of those damn amusement park teacup rides.

Good find on the donation, though.

Meathead
06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Welcome to Hell’s Teacups. For your safety, please keep your hands and feet inside your cup at all times. Please make sure the restraining bar is security across your knees. Here we go and enjoy your ride …

THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO! THE BILLS MIGHT LEAVE BUFFALO!

Here’s a bag, sir.

Jan Reimers
06-15-2005, 08:22 AM
dammit, I know it's the off-season and camp hasn't started and we're all bored to tears, but I don't want to see one more thread that discusses the possibility of the Bills leaving Buffalo. Every time I see something like that, it makes me feel slightly nauseaus, like I just got off one of those damn amusement park teacup rides.

Good find on the donation, though.
Man, I hear you on the whole Bills moving thing.

And they have been SO good for the community through the years - that would just be one of many reasons why they shouldn't leave, though.

pleasesavedrew
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
hopefullt this will lead buffalo teachers to battle to keep theteam around

sdbillsfan2
06-15-2005, 07:49 PM
The Bills have been leaving Buffalo since the times they were still playing at the "ol rock pile " on Best street! Well I guess O.P. isn't really Buffalo,but Please stop with all the leaving crap! The Bills aren't leaving the area .Period! It makes no sense politcally or financially for either side. If it ain't broken leave it alone ! The Bills generate massive tax dollars for the area and we all know the politicians don't like losing money they can otherwise waste or line their own pockets with ! The bills stay dump the politicians
WHAT'S NEXT ? "THE SKY IS FALLING " ? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Bill Brasky
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Man, I hear you on the whole Bills moving thing.

And they have been SO good for the community through the years - that would just be one of many reasons why they shouldn't leave, though.

True, but in this day and age, money overrides anything unfortunately.

Stewie
06-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, city workers in downtown buffalo can't wipe their ass, but at least their kids will get to play on a new field.

doug45
06-16-2005, 06:46 AM
It's simple- The Bills can not leave because they would never find a fan base like we have here anywhere else.

Historian
06-16-2005, 04:27 PM

That's true. They do give back a lot.

And Paul Maguire has hinted that the bulk of Ralph's charitable work/donations, are done anonymously.

I especially loved the Buff News article a couple Christmases ago, telling how Pat Williams used to walk down Jefferson Avenue on Christmas and give away 100 dollar bills.