• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

McGahee leading poll at nfl.com

If anyone is interested in voting, they have a poll at nfl.com asking which RB will of the AFC-E will be the most dominant (similar to a thread we had around here not too long ago). It appears that Willis McGahee is leading by a decent amount.
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

just voted for willis

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

so did I.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

Me too.

Comment

• ryven
          • Jan 2003

for every one here

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
            • Mar 2003

Me neither!
            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BillsNick
              • Jul 2003

just voted!

Comment

• Kal-El
                Eeek! It's Rob!
                • Jun 2005

How could anyone not vote for Willis to be the top back in the AFC East? There are some pro football pundits who believe Willis will be the top back in the entire NFL -- if he stays healthy.

You don't HAVE a soul. You ARE a soul. You HAVE a body.
                -- C.S. Lewis

BARACK OBAMA '08
                Better than you --
                and he knows it

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  • Sep 2002

so far the only one I've seen was peter king - is there anyone else you know of?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

Willis McGahee is the next OJ - he's gonna get 2000 in 14 games with like 27 tds.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

I think it will be either be Curtis Martin or Corey Dillion. Willi's numbers may infact decrease because of the lack of improvement to your O-Line, the sophmore curse...being that it's his second season as a starter and starting a rookie QB. A whole lot to overcome to have the best season in the east.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Of course you realize the more popular he gets, the more leverage Rosendouche will have to put the screws to TD.

Comment

• Kolbiss
                          AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          I think it will be either be Curtis Martin or Corey Dillion. Willi's numbers may infact decrease because of the lack of improvement to your O-Line, the sophmore curse...being that it's his second season as a starter and starting a rookie QB. A whole lot to overcome to have the best season in the east.

And Ronnie Brown will win the MVP!!!!

Dont take into consideration that he didnt start in four games last year. I am sure his numbers will drop with at least 150 more carries that he missed last year.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Well, I am in the camp of WM being the top dog in the AFC-E, but maybe for different reasons. Curtis Martin did do well last year, but I have to wonder if his aging body can do it again. Also, if Pennington is not injured again, they don't have to rely that heavily on Curtis for moving the ball.

Corey Dillon is still in his prime, but he is part of a Patriot offense that varies their scheme game by game and move the ball around. They have a team 1st mentality and no one player ever ends up with incredible stats.

Our offense will revolve around McGahee, and although the line is still not completely solid, Bennie Anderson will surely be an upgrade for a run-1st offense, and this year, Mike Williams is in much better shape. I expect the right side of the line to be solid in their 2nd year under McNally's tutelage. The left still has alot of question marks, but most people feel McNally has the ability to make average players above average. With a speedy slot receiver to add to our WR corps, and a QB that can move, we should be able to move the ball fairly well - better than last season and the season before atleast - although those problems may squarely fall on DB's shoulders more than our other personnel.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

if you are going to use the rookie logic then won't he be handing the ball to Willis more often?

Sophomore curse?

Travis Henry

2001 Buffalo Bills 13 12 213 729 3.4 25 4 2 34
                              2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 325 1438 4.4 34 13 10 72

Portis

2002 Denver Broncos 16 12 273 1508 5.5 59 15 11 79
                              2003 Denver Broncos 13 13 290 1591 5.5 65 14 13 76

Tomlinson

2001 San Diego Chargers 16 16 339 1236 3.6 54 10 7 67
                              2002 San Diego Chargers 16 16 372 1683 4.5 76 14 12 90

If that is what you call a sophomore curse, I'll take it any day.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X