PDA

View Full Version : McGahee leading poll at nfl.com

mysticsoto
06-15-2005, 08:39 AM
If anyone is interested in voting, they have a poll at nfl.com asking which RB will of the AFC-E will be the most dominant (similar to a thread we had around here not too long ago). It appears that Willis McGahee is leading by a decent amount.

ryven
06-15-2005, 08:44 AM
just voted for willis

ublinkwescore
06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
so did I.

Mad Bomber
06-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Me too.

ryven
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
:posrep: for every one here

ShadowHawk7
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Me neither! :beer:

BillsNick
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
just voted!

Kal-El
06-15-2005, 12:28 PM
How could anyone not vote for Willis to be the top back in the AFC East? There are some pro football pundits who believe Willis will be the top back in the entire NFL -- if he stays healthy.

ublinkwescore
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
so far the only one I've seen was peter king - is there anyone else you know of?

ublinkwescore
06-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Willis McGahee is the next OJ - he's gonna get 2000 in 14 games with like 27 tds.

feelthepain
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I think it will be either be Curtis Martin or Corey Dillion. Willi's numbers may infact decrease because of the lack of improvement to your O-Line, the sophmore curse...being that it's his second season as a starter and starting a rookie QB. A whole lot to overcome to have the best season in the east.

Mr. Cynical
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Of course you realize the more popular he gets, the more leverage Rosendouche will have to put the screws to TD. :(

Kolbiss
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I think it will be either be Curtis Martin or Corey Dillion. Willi's numbers may infact decrease because of the lack of improvement to your O-Line, the sophmore curse...being that it's his second season as a starter and starting a rookie QB. A whole lot to overcome to have the best season in the east.

And Ronnie Brown will win the MVP!!!!

Dont take into consideration that he didnt start in four games last year. I am sure his numbers will drop with at least 150 more carries that he missed last year.

mysticsoto
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Well, I am in the camp of WM being the top dog in the AFC-E, but maybe for different reasons. Curtis Martin did do well last year, but I have to wonder if his aging body can do it again. Also, if Pennington is not injured again, they don't have to rely that heavily on Curtis for moving the ball.

Corey Dillon is still in his prime, but he is part of a Patriot offense that varies their scheme game by game and move the ball around. They have a team 1st mentality and no one player ever ends up with incredible stats.

Our offense will revolve around McGahee, and although the line is still not completely solid, Bennie Anderson will surely be an upgrade for a run-1st offense, and this year, Mike Williams is in much better shape. I expect the right side of the line to be solid in their 2nd year under McNally's tutelage. The left still has alot of question marks, but most people feel McNally has the ability to make average players above average. With a speedy slot receiver to add to our WR corps, and a QB that can move, we should be able to move the ball fairly well - better than last season and the season before atleast - although those problems may squarely fall on DB's shoulders more than our other personnel.

justasportsfan
06-15-2005, 03:09 PM
if you are going to use the rookie logic then won't he be handing the ball to Willis more often?

Sophomore curse?

Travis Henry

2001 Buffalo Bills 13 12 213 729 3.4 25 4 2 34
2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 325 1438 4.4 34 13 10 72

Portis

2002 Denver Broncos 16 12 273 1508 5.5 59 15 11 79
2003 Denver Broncos 13 13 290 1591 5.5 65 14 13 76

Tomlinson

2001 San Diego Chargers 16 16 339 1236 3.6 54 10 7 67
2002 San Diego Chargers 16 16 372 1683 4.5 76 14 12 90

If that is what you call a sophomore curse, I'll take it any day. :shakeno:

feelthepain
06-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, I am in the camp of WM being the top dog in the AFC-E, but maybe for different reasons. Curtis Martin did do well last year, but I have to wonder if his aging body can do it again. Also, if Pennington is not injured again, they don't have to rely that heavily on Curtis for moving the ball.

Corey Dillon is still in his prime, but he is part of a Patriot offense that varies their scheme game by game and move the ball around. They have a team 1st mentality and no one player ever ends up with incredible stats.

Our offense will revolve around McGahee, and although the line is still not completely solid, Bennie Anderson will surely be an upgrade for a run-1st offense, and this year, Mike Williams is in much better shape. I expect the right side of the line to be solid in their 2nd year under McNally's tutelage. The left still has alot of question marks, but most people feel McNally has the ability to make average players above average. With a speedy slot receiver to add to our WR corps, and a QB that can move, we should be able to move the ball fairly well - better than last season and the season before atleast - although those problems may squarely fall on DB's shoulders more than our other personnel.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think with the way Willis ran last year teams won't key on him? What makes you think teams won't put pressure on Losman?? You have to admit your team has done little to improve over last year and If Miami hadn't had such a bad year you most likely wouldn't have won 9 games. You Also have to remember that even though you may be happy with Losman you can't ignore Bledsoes ability to stretch the D with his arm. You can't say all Bledsoe did was get sacked because your WR's had a good year last year. Way to many "ifs" to ignore. It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another ignore the facts.

bigbub2352
06-15-2005, 03:54 PM
just voted willis has definetly got a shot, good to see some national recognition for a change.

AndreReed83
06-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, what makes you think with the way Willis ran last year teams won't key on him? What makes you think teams won't put pressure on Losman?? You have to admit your team has done little to improve over last year and If Miami hadn't had such a bad year you most likely wouldn't have won 9 games. You Also have to remember that even though you may be happy with Losman you can't ignore Bledsoes ability to stretch the D with his arm. You can't say all Bledsoe did was get sacked because your WR's had a good year last year. Way to many "ifs" to ignore. It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another ignore the facts.

I'd say if anything, Bledsoe's "arm" was a hindrance to the running game. Teams blitzed a lot because they knew that if they blitz Bledsoe, his brain turns to mush. They were willing to take that chance of giving up a long pass play because they knew that 3 or 4 out of 5 plays would probably end up in nothing or a sack or a turnover. This obviously would affect the running game too. With one or two or maybe even more guys coming, it's easy to see why McGahee only had a 4.4 average or what it was. I think with a better decision making QB (I don't care that he's basically a rookie), defenses will have to respect the passing game more. This will make it much easier for McGahee. Also, don't forget his great stiff-arm and the four games he didn't start in. And also don't forget that he got hurt late in the year which did hinder him a little. It's no lock, but he could easily be the AFC-E rushing leader this coming season.

Kolbiss
06-15-2005, 04:38 PM

Just out of curiosity, why do you ignore the facts that your team still sucks and all the holes they have. Instead every time you post here it is all about all the Bills big issues. We did nothing to hurt our team, and we are coming of a 9 win season. You are the single most biased poster I have ever seen on any board of any type. the Bills are a good team, and they are only going to get better, so you might as well get used to it....by the way, JP throws a very good deep ball, unlike feeley.

ublinkwescore
06-15-2005, 04:44 PM
guess what feelthepain, the dolphins are gonna be our *****es again this year - don't worry though, you won't be alone, the jets will be joining you too.

feelthepain
06-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do you ignore the facts that your team still sucks and all the holes they have. Instead every time you post here it is all about all the Bills big issues. We did nothing to hurt our team, and we are coming of a 9 win season. You are the single most biased poster I have ever seen on any board of any type. the Bills are a good team, and they are only going to get better, so you might as well get used to it....by the way, JP throws a very good deep ball, unlike feeley.
Well I guess everyone can dream!!! But how has your team gotten better??? If anything the fins are the ones that got better enjoy your "9" wins because like I said the only reason you had "9" wins is because the fins had an off year, for the first time in 16 years. The Bills are avg. and will be lucky to be avg. this year. Last year was last year this year is this year. And since the fins have had the best off season in the division I'd say we are lookin far better. Please show me where your team has improved besides a couple of avg. linemen and an undersized WR??? You can't.

Kolbiss
06-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Well I guess everyone can dream!!! But how has your team gotten better??? If anything the fins are the ones that got better enjoy your "9" wins because like I said the only reason you had "9" wins is because the fins had an off year, for the first time in 16 years. The Bills are avg. and will be lucky to be avg. this year. Last year was last year this year is this year. And since the fins have had the best off season in the division I'd say we are lookin far better. Please show me where your team has improved besides a couple of avg. linemen and an undersized WR??? You can't.

So keeping the same group of guys around and having another year of exp for new coaches, players, and system means nothing? McGahee recovering and getting his speed burst back, picking up a mauler OLmen for the run game, drafting parish,and getting rid of DREW. By the way I asked Jason Cole from the Miami herald about the AFC East, and he put the fish in the same place evryone else in the country does...DEAD LAST!!

Kolbiss
06-15-2005, 05:27 PM
So are you saying that the Dolphins are going to be better than the Bills???........Where did you go little boy?

mysticsoto
06-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, what makes you think with the way Willis ran last year teams won't key on him? What makes you think teams won't put pressure on Losman?? You have to admit your team has done little to improve over last year and If Miami hadn't had such a bad year you most likely wouldn't have won 9 games. You Also have to remember that even though you may be happy with Losman you can't ignore Bledsoes ability to stretch the D with his arm. You can't say all Bledsoe did was get sacked because your WR's had a good year last year. Way to many "ifs" to ignore. It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another ignore the facts. Well I'm optimistic...much like you are about the Dolphins this season - despite the fact that they have a new coach, new schemes, new assistant coaches, and rookies within main positions.

If you take out the 1st 4 games that we lost last season - where the line still hadn't gelled yet (although despite that - Jacksonville and Oakland were really close games), where would we have been last year? In the playoffs. We were a good team last year already once the team found their chemistry. As a result, the last thing you want to do is mess with that.

How have we improved? 1st and foremost, we removed an ineffectual QB that was error prone and mobile-impaired. There were times when I thought Stephen Hawkings could tackle him! You mention Bledsoe's arm, but don't mention JP's? JP has a cannon arm - one of the reasons they liked him. You need a cannon arm for Western NY winds in the winter. But let's not forget also, that even in our wins, Bledsoe rarely looked good. Was it against Seattle that he threw a stupid interception? Nobody cared b'cse we won the game by a substantial amt, but Bledsoe was terrible that game. So don't place too much emphasis on Drew's arm or experience. They really didn't help us out much for the past few seasons.

Other improvements? Parrish looks like he'll be a vast improvement over Reed. You may not think much of him b'cse he's just a small, speedy slot receiver, nevertheless, he'll be another weapon on offense that JP will have.

Personally, I think our Special Teams will be even better with some of the acquisitions we've picked up. Goldsberry will most likely bump out Joe Burns and will probably provide for a better special teamster. I'm guessing Eric King will provide special team support also - yet another speedster. And of course there's Parrish. My only disappointment, is that they'll probably remove Jason Peters from Special Teams so he can concentrate at the LT position...(maybe).

Bennie Anderson will be an improvement over what was initially a revolving door at LG. Tucker eventually took over and played better as the season went on, but Anderson is a road grater that will be much better tailored for our run-first offense.

So am I worried that they might key in on WM? No, I fully expect it. And when they do, they will find it a hard time stopping CV and MW from performing effective blocks as well as Bennie Anderson. They will also find that if they try and cheat too much, speedy Evans and Parrish, or wily veteran Moulds will burn them and make them pay for it. As last resort, if they key in on WM, or any of the WRs too much, JP himself can make them pay - much like Flutie used to do. Having a good RB, excellent and speedy WRs and a QB that can run himself means that if teams cheat, they run a strong risk of getting burned. And JP studying constantly up there since February hopefully will mean that he's going to be ready to find a target or take it up himself when a team cheats.

Oh, and what happens if a team doesn't cheat? Willis will burn them regardless! :D

mysticsoto
06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Well I guess everyone can dream!!! But how has your team gotten better??? If anything the fins are the ones that got better enjoy your "9" wins because like I said the only reason you had "9" wins is because the fins had an off year, for the first time in 16 years. The Bills are avg. and will be lucky to be avg. this year. Last year was last year this year is this year. And since the fins have had the best off season in the division I'd say we are lookin far better. Please show me where your team has improved besides a couple of avg. linemen and an undersized WR??? You can't. You forget one thing buddy...you're team was HORRBILE last year. When you're at the bottom of the barrel, you have no direction to move but up. Anything would have been an improvement for your team. We had a decent team that started out slow. If you take out those 4 losses in a row at the start when our team still hadn't gelled, what do we have then? 9-3 afterward!

The last thing you want to do is mess with that. Instead, you want to bring everyone back, make slight changes here and there (like they did) and get everyone on the same page from the start. Instead of having the whole O-line in disarray up and through the 1st few games like last year, we have a pretty solid line except at LT. One and only 1 position to work on vs the entire line we had last year. At every other position we are mostly the same. At 3rd WR, we will be substantially improved, and at DT, I sincerely don't expect a drop off with Ron Edwards who is 10 lbs heavier than PW, seemingly faster and younger with more stamina. Whatever he lacks in the run stuffing dept, he'll more than make up in the pass rushing.

Why don't you tell me why we needed to have such a big offseason when we barely missed the playoffs with our team?

One more thing we improved on...our backups!!! Kelly Holcomb as backup QB, decent RBs, Reed will probably be a decent 4th/5th WR...it'll be interesting to see who is nickel back for us? Kevin Thomas? Eric King? Jabari Greer? It's nice to have such good talent, we don't even know which one will take that position. Oh and we have more depth at O-line also.

Oh, I just thought of one more thing...which is actually something no one is talking about and probably a bigger deal than we think...play calling. MM stated several times last year that with DB, he had to limit the play calls on the offense to what Drew was capable of. With JP, I suspect there will not be those limitations. As JP continually gets acquainted with MM's playbook, the plays should become more diverse than the limits of what Drew could do!!! And that may not seem like a big deal to you, but it really is!!!

Nublar7
06-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Unbiased view:

1. Willis McGahee - Team will run more with Losman starting.
2. Corey Dillion - Will mirror last season or at least come close.
3. Curtis Martin - Still one of the best.
4. Ronnie Brown - Rookie RBs usually don't put up great numbers(Ricky had only 800 yards in NO). Also Ricky will take some of his yards.

jamze132
06-15-2005, 11:56 PM
You have to admit you are indeed a dumbass for thinking like this.

jamze132
06-16-2005, 12:04 AM
And the #1 reason why the Miami Dolphins will suck ass this year:

A couple of QB's named Gus Frerotte and AJ Feeley. Seriously, where did your organization find this "camp fodder" and why do they allow them to humiliate and disrespect the NFL with there lack of talent?

Jerry Ewert
06-16-2005, 12:11 AM
willis will prove himself this year. get a dependable ot (verba) and he will go over 2000 yards

feelthepain
06-16-2005, 10:14 AM
And the #1 reason why the Miami Dolphins will suck ass this year:

A couple of QB's named Gus Frerotte and AJ Feeley. Seriously, where did your organization find this "camp fodder" and why do they allow them to humiliate and disrespect the NFL with there lack of talent?

Yeah, and PJ will be a probowler!!!

justasportsfan
06-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Yeah, and PJ will be a probowler!!! :up: He'll have better fantasy nos. than Feefee if you don't take away rushing stats. :snicker:

Bulldog
06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah, and PJ will be a probowler!!!

Someone is scared. You know Willis is going to be a stud and you can't stand to give any of the Bills any kind of credit. And you keep saying that teams are going to focus on stopping Willis this year. Is that to imply that they didn't focus on him last year? I guess we'll find out soon enough if the Dolphins defense is up to the task.

feelthepain
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
You know Willis is going to be a stud

Good luck with that!!!!

justasportsfan
06-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Good luck with that!!!!Willis doesn't need luck . He already proved that last year. :D. Good luck w/ Brown. I heard Lamar is doing better at camp :snicker:

Kolbiss
06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Good luck with that!!!!

So for once, please answer my question. Do you think Mcgahee is not going to be an elite back? Do you think Ronnie Brown will be better?

HHURRICANE
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Awesome, I missed it. Who did you sign or draft as the new QB?

Kolbiss
06-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Awesome, I missed it. Who did you sign or draft as the new QB?

Dude!!!! they got AJ and Gus, they are going all the way. Where have you been???

:lmao:

feelthepain
06-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Dude!!!! they got AJ and Gus, they are going all the way. Where have you been???

:lmao:
At least Gus has a probowl under his belt what do your QB's have???

Kolbiss
06-16-2005, 04:54 PM
At least Gus has a probowl under his belt what do your QB's have???

Kordell Stewert has a Pro Bowl under his belt to! Whats your point??? JP has more talent and ability in his left nut then AJ or Gus ever will.......deep down, you know that!!

feelthepain
06-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Kordell Stewert has a Pro Bowl under his belt to! Whats your point??? JP has more talent and ability in his left nut then AJ or Gus ever will.......deep down, you know that!!
How do you know, been spending a lot of time around his nuts???
OBTW, I don't know anything about his ability since he's never shown it in the NFL. I'll bet he's more like Ryan Leaf then Joe Montana. Oh and where is it he's played for you to be able to gauge his ability....that's right nowhere!!! Enjoy the nut's.

My point is they don't give you a probowl apperence just for the heck of it. You have to be voted to the probowl by your peers, and just exactly how many probowls do your QB's have??? And how many wins does your starter have??? Has your starter ever beaten the SB champs??? No, no aaannnddd......NO!
But keep flapin your gums because it will just make this year even better.:goodpost:

jmb1099
06-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I understand you're loyal to your team, but your really starting to lose any credibility you may have had. As far as offseason is concerned the fins have done very little to bring themselves into contention. You're in the very beginning stages of a rebulid and rebuilds don't happen overnight. The fins will play some exciting games, they will even win some, but the reality fin fans (smart ones anyway) have to face is a losing season while the rebuilding work is done. As far as running backs are concerned...
You guys had a stud back and until he played for the fins he had never reached his potential. The entire NFL saw what williams was capable of and had he stayed with the game he might have been recognized as one of the better power rushers of our time. Now even if Williams returns, he isn't going to be the same back he was before he left. The backs you have now are nothing to brag about so it is understandable that you would be upset that Willis is receiving the number of votes he is...after all he is going to run all over your defense this year and you know it. The second thing that probably makes you mad is the fact that Willis is more popular in Miami than the whole Dolphins team, but that is a topic for another thread.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2005, 10:02 PM
:posrep:

The Spaz
06-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Good luck with that!!!!

How many Fins did McGahee thump last year with his stiff arm!?:up:

frank74
06-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Recently, i moved to florida; for the weather and so i can wear a losman jersey all over this f@$%in state!!!! yippidy do....can't wait til december when the boys come to florida! it's going to be so embarrassing when we squish the fish twice, again this year!!!!!!!!!!:peace:

feelthepain
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I understand you're loyal to your team, but your really starting to lose any credibility you may have had. As far as offseason is concerned the fins have done very little to bring themselves into contention. You're in the very beginning stages of a rebulid and rebuilds don't happen overnight. The fins will play some exciting games, they will even win some, but the reality fin fans (smart ones anyway) have to face is a losing season while the rebuilding work is done. As far as running backs are concerned...
You guys had a stud back and until he played for the fins he had never reached his potential. The entire NFL saw what williams was capable of and had he stayed with the game he might have been recognized as one of the better power rushers of our time. Now even if Williams returns, he isn't going to be the same back he was before he left. The backs you have now are nothing to brag about so it is understandable that you would be upset that Willis is receiving the number of votes he is...after all he is going to run all over your defense this year and you know it. The second thing that probably makes you mad is the fact that Willis is more popular in Miami than the whole Dolphins team, but that is a topic for another thread.

Let me guess, you came to this conclusion the same way the rest of the Bill fans here did, right?? The fins only won four games last year, they must be a 4-12 team!! Well then I guess the Bills are only a 9-7 (non playoff) team...why even play the season why don't we just have a SB and watch the Pats play the Eagles and watch the Pats win...again by three points, hmmm?

I love this one, "As far as offseason is concerned the fins have done very little to bring themselves into contention". Seems to me, all I've been reading is how the Fins may have had the best off season in the AFC east. But you can't tell the fans here that. All here believe what they want not the whole story. Our D finished 8th in the league without Tim Bowens or Larry Chester our best two tackles your team finished better , but with no key injurys and your RB didn't quit before camp and you only won five more games, if your so good why no playoffs??

You want to talk about credability??? Try being a little more realistic about the Bills chances in the east. The fins had one bad season, not five, and in the era of FA teams can go from worst to first in one season it happens every year seems like, and since we avg. 10 wins a season 4 out of the last 5 years I'd say all the fins needed was to forget all about last year. But this scares the Bill fans and all you have is an avg. season to bragg about. With an avg. of 7 wins a season over the last five years where do you and the Bill fans here get off talkin trash when you can't even get double digit wins for the season???

Look at it from someone elses viewpoint, if you were to go to vegas and lay odds on what teams could do this year The Bills don't even have a "good" season to gauge off of, but the fins have 4-5 very good seasons in a row to gauge. Also, someone who knows betting will look past the teams season records to see the trends, and since we tend to win 10+ 4-5 years and the Bills tend to win 7+ games over the same time frame I think it's safe to say the smart money would be on Miami. But as usual most fans here are not reasonable, but rather quite the opposite. Fans here cry whenever some doesn't agree that every player on the Bills roster will overachieve!!

You wonder why the fin fans think we will be better then the Bill's, the last five years is why...a history!!! Not one avg. season. And we were better then the Bills 4-5 years with DW and Jay Fiedler!!!! We now have a coach that will not run the same three plays the whole game and expect the D to win the games Saban will have this team balanced. Something else you seem to ignore, how many reports have you read saying Saban can't coach?? He has coached in the NFL and the guy has an outstanding track record. Too many positives to mention and you have a brilliant comment like " As far as offseason is concerned the fins have done very little to bring themselves into contention". Yeah, you undestand the game.

feelthepain
06-16-2005, 11:02 PM
How many Fins did McGahee thump last year with his stiff arm!?:up:
Not nearly as many Fins as Bills Ricky thumped the two years before!!! 200+ BABY!!! Read it and weep! He owned the Bills. Oh and so did fe fe!!! I'd hang my head in shame if fiedler owned my team the way he owned the Bills.

AndreReed83
06-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Not nearly as many Fins as Bills Ricky thumped the two years before!!! 200+ BABY!!! Read it and weep! He owned the Bills. Oh and so did fe fe!!! I'd hang my head in shame if fiedler owned my team the way he owned the Bills.

Unfortunately, I do remember that game. I also remember another game. One that came just one year before it. It was snowing. And yes, Ricky ran for something like 250 yards. I also remember that Jay Fiedler had to come in for Ray Lucas and threw a pick on basically his first throw. Oh yea, I remember the Bills convincingly winning too. Jim Kelly on the sidelines, yelling encouragements. That game is easily my favorite of all time. Yep, I remember THAT game. You can have your 200+ rushing games. Your Dolphins are NOT a complete team. That's the thing. You guys need some sort of passing game and you just are not going to get that with A.J. or Gus. Plain and simple. I admit it easily, the Dolphins did improve this offseason. Good improvements, even for a 4-12 team that would be easy to improve in the first place. But they did lose some pieces AND they did not improve on the biggest detriment to the team, which is the QB spot. Teams obviously try to get a QB who will keep the team in a winning situation, if not be the reason they are winning in the first place. The Dolphins have two QB's that when they are in the game, give you a better change of losing the game. And that is going to hurt. Again, plain and simple. You should improve this year. But from the way you are looking at this Dolphins team, expect a let down.

btw, my best memory of that Dolphins snow game was actually something that happened the week before the Chargers game we played that same year. LaDanian Tomlinson appeared on The Best Damn Sports Show Period. Do to the Ricky Williams performance in the snow game the hosts kept telling LT how he was going to set the single game rushing record against the Bills. And finally, LT guaranteed he would set it. Lo-and-behold, the Chargers lost the game AND Travis Henry ran for more yards then LT. :respect:

feelthepain
06-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Unfortunately, I do remember that game. I also remember another game. One that came just one year before it. It was snowing. And yes, Ricky ran for something like 250 yards. I also remember that Jay Fiedler had to come in for Ray Lucas and threw a pick on basically his first throw. Oh yea, I remember the Bills convincingly winning too. Jim Kelly on the sidelines, yelling encouragements. That game is easily my favorite of all time. Yep, I remember THAT game. You can have your 200+ rushing games. Your Dolphins are NOT a complete team. That's the thing. You guys need some sort of passing game and you just are not going to get that with A.J. or Gus. Plain and simple. I admit it easily, the Dolphins did improve this offseason. Good improvements, even for a 4-12 team that would be easy to improve in the first place. But they did lose some pieces AND they did not improve on the biggest detriment to the team, which is the QB spot. Teams obviously try to get a QB who will keep the team in a winning situation, if not be the reason they are winning in the first place. The Dolphins have two QB's that when they are in the game, give you a better change of losing the game. And that is going to hurt. Again, plain and simple. You should improve this year. But from the way you are looking at this Dolphins team, expect a let down.

btw, my best memory of that Dolphins snow game was actually something that happened the week before the Chargers game we played that same year. LaDanian Tomlinson appeared on The Best Damn Sports Show Period. Do to the Ricky Williams performance in the snow game the hosts kept telling LT how he was going to set the single game rushing record against the Bills. And finally, LT guaranteed he would set it. Lo-and-behold, the Chargers lost the game AND Travis Henry ran for more yards then LT. :respect:

Hello...Mcfly.....WE DO NOT HAVE DW AS OUR HC ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We now have one of the best OC over the last few years at stretching the field and scoring points.

AJ started to play really well at the end of last season.Your D was 3rd in the NFL and AJ threw three TD against your "great D" in the first half, but you don't mention that WHY??? You uneducated people are all the same you act like what you saw last year from the fins is what they are . But ignoring the fact that D.Bo and Ricky were gone Larry Chester and T.Bo were out for the year, thats four big time players lost for the year and a whole new oline new rookie OC and the end of DW's very avg. at best coaching tenure.

4 hurricanes that pretty much took out the entire pre season camp and left little time to practice DW didn't want anyone but Fefe as his QB and didn't help AJ at all. Bad coaching poor decisions by DW everywhere you turned last year, do you think about those things when talking about the fins last year??? Ofcourse not, why?? Because then you might have to admit the fins just had more then their share of bad luck last year and it wasn't the talent, but poor coaching and bad breaks.

Showing true colors everywhere on this board, the Bills have been bad for so long that an avg. season is all you have over five years and you let it go to your heads. You all act like a buch of children who don't want to share your toys. Grow up and look at the big picture, or is that just asking too much???
As much as I hate the over confidence on this board your all making it really easy to come back here when things don't go the way YOU AND ONLY YOU FANS think your season will go and laugh at you later this year, but I guess you just have to find out the hard way.

justasportsfan
06-17-2005, 07:41 AM
Let me guess, you came to this conclusion the same way the rest of the Bill fans here did, right?? The fins only won four games last year, they must be a 4-12 team!! .Well duh!!! The answer is yes, the fins are a 4-12 team and the bills are a 9-7 team. Anything else is opinion. Some say the fins have done well in the offseason and some say they haven't done enough.

Bulldog
06-17-2005, 07:46 AM
We now have one of the best OC over the last few years at stretching the field and scoring points.

AJ started to play really well at the end of last season.Your D was 3rd in the NFL and AJ threw three TD against your "great D" in the first half, but you don't mention that WHY??? You uneducated people are all the same you act like what you saw last year from the fins is what they are . But ignoring the fact that D.Bo and Ricky were gone Larry Chester and T.Bo were out for the year, thats four big time players lost for the year and a whole new oline new rookie OC and the end of DW's very avg. at best coaching tenure.

4 hurricanes that pretty much took out the entire pre season camp and left little time to practice DW didn't want anyone but Fefe as his QB and didn't help AJ at all. Bad coaching poor decisions by DW everywhere you turned last year, do you think about those things when talking about the fins last year??? Ofcourse not, why?? Because then you might have to admit the fins just had more then their share of bad luck last year and it wasn't the talent, but poor coaching and bad breaks.

Showing true colors everywhere on this board, the Bills have been bad for so long that an avg. season is all you have over five years and you let it go to your heads. You all act like a buch of children who don't want to share your toys. Grow up and look at the big picture, or is that just asking too much???
As much as I hate the over confidence on this board your all making it really easy to come back here when things don't go the way YOU AND ONLY YOU FANS think your season will go and laugh at you later this year, but I guess you just have to find out the hard way.

You won't be back here once Buffalo gets done smacking the Fins around twice this year, again. And get your facts straight about the whole injury situation last year. Both Vincent and Milloy missed significant time due to injuries. Injuries are part of the game, the good teams are the ones that can plug other players into the line-up and continue to win games. Quit crying and making excuses about why Miami was so awful last year and face the facts, THEY'RE NOT THAT GOOD. But you can't see that because you're one of the biggest homers ever to troll on this board.

justasportsfan
06-17-2005, 08:02 AM
AJ started to play really well at the end of last season..and it looks like Gus will end up starting Reports seem to say that Gus is winning the qb battle at camp. You forgot to report that . :roflmao:

justasportsfan
06-17-2005, 08:04 AM
You won't be back here once Buffalo gets done smacking the Fins around twice this year, again. .He talks about the sophomore curse and then I pull out facts that he once again ignores. He won't be back. He's a PROVEN chicken*****.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-17-2005, 08:13 AM

Hey man, let me get your opinions straight, and please correct me if I am wrong. NOT that these are your only opinions, just want to make sure I am getting the jist of your point of view:

1) The Bills are a very average team, and have only had one average season in the last 4-5 years. The Bills can count on another average season at best.

2) The Dolphins are a very good team, and have only had one bad season in the last 4-5 years. The Dolphins can count on having another good season in 2005.

3) The Dolphins had a very good offseason, addressing several key areas of need. They may have had the best offseason of any team in our division.

4) Coach Saban is a sure fire bet to be a very good NFL coach.

5) Dolphins players such as David Boston, Ricky Williams, Junior Seau, etc. who have had either major career setbacks or appear to be in a decline, will be major contributors to the Dolphins success this coming season.

6) AJ Feely is a very solid QB, the Dolphins have no worries at the QB position.

7) The Bills young players have very little chance to be successful, either due to rookie jitters or sophomore jinx.

Have at it, tell me if you agree with the above statements, because the above statements have been made, perhaps using different verbiage, over the past month by you.

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 08:17 AM

Oh, boy, here come the violins...it wasn't the Dolphins...it was all Wannstadt's fault. Spare me. You had a crappy team, period. Ricky Williams made your team look better than it was and when you lost him, the world saw.

You mention in other posts about the Bills having several bad seasons vs just 1 for the Dolphins. First and foremost, that will go up to 2 this season for you...but it is irrelevant, regardless. Having had a winning season years ago or not has absolutely no influence on whether you will have one this season or not. So it's irrelevant and pointless to bring up the past or try to use that as a reason why your Dolphins are or will be supposedly better than us.

Let me ask you this...what are you going to say when the Bills defeat your Dolphins twice again this season? Let me guess, you'll play the violins again and exclaim that you are rebuilding and that the following year you will be great? And then no doubt you'll talk about how this is only 2 bad years for the Dolphins and that the Bills have had more...and finally you'll have to bring up the '72 Dolphins - b'cse when you don't have something in the present to talk about...you have to go back to the past and reach.

jmb1099
06-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Let me guess, you came to this conclusion the same way the rest of the Bill fans here did, right?? The fins only won four games last year, they must be a 4-12 team!! Well then I guess the Bills are only a 9-7 (non playoff) team...why even play the season why don't we just have a SB and watch the Pats play the Eagles and watch the Pats win...again by three points, hmmm?

I love this one, "As far as offseason is concerned the fins have done very little to bring themselves into contention". Seems to me, all I've been reading is how the Fins may have had the best off season in the AFC east. But you can't tell the fans here that. All here believe what they want not the whole story. Our D finished 8th in the league without Tim Bowens or Larry Chester our best two tackles your team finished better , but with no key injurys and your RB didn't quit before camp and you only won five more games, if your so good why no playoffs??

You want to talk about credability??? Try being a little more realistic about the Bills chances in the east. The fins had one bad season, not five, and in the era of FA teams can go from worst to first in one season it happens every year seems like, and since we avg. 10 wins a season 4 out of the last 5 years I'd say all the fins needed was to forget all about last year. But this scares the Bill fans and all you have is an avg. season to bragg about. With an avg. of 7 wins a season over the last five years where do you and the Bill fans here get off talkin trash when you can't even get double digit wins for the season???

Look at it from someone elses viewpoint, if you were to go to vegas and lay odds on what teams could do this year The Bills don't even have a "good" season to gauge off of, but the fins have 4-5 very good seasons in a row to gauge. Also, someone who knows betting will look past the teams season records to see the trends, and since we tend to win 10+ 4-5 years and the Bills tend to win 7+ games over the same time frame I think it's safe to say the smart money would be on Miami. But as usual most fans here are not reasonable, but rather quite the opposite. Fans here cry whenever some doesn't agree that every player on the Bills roster will overachieve!!

You wonder why the fin fans think we will be better then the Bill's, the last five years is why...a history!!! Not one avg. season. And we were better then the Bills 4-5 years with DW and Jay Fiedler!!!! We now have a coach that will not run the same three plays the whole game and expect the D to win the games Saban will have this team balanced. Something else you seem to ignore, how many reports have you read saying Saban can't coach?? He has coached in the NFL and the guy has an outstanding track record. Too many positives to mention and you have a brilliant comment like " As far as offseason is concerned the fins have done very little to bring themselves into contention". Yeah, you undestand the game.

You are right about only one thing...it is about trends. The Bills are on the last stage of rebuild, the Dolphins are just beginning. we had a great first season considering we had a rookie head coach and other staffing changes. The Bills have a solid defense and are now primed to have a truly explosive offense. The Dolphins on the other hand will have almost no offense to mention and an average defense at best. Unless Saban is a miracle worker your 4 -12 season will be good memory compared to the memory you will have for this season as well as the next 4. Enjoy the nice weather, it will be the only consolation you have losing 6 games to divisional rivals this year.

feelthepain
06-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh, boy, here come the violins...it wasn't the Dolphins...it was all Wannstadt's fault. Spare me. You had a crappy team, period. Ricky Williams made your team look better than it was and when you lost him, the world saw.

You mention in other posts about the Bills having several bad seasons vs just 1 for the Dolphins. First and foremost, that will go up to 2 this season for you...but it is irrelevant, regardless. Having had a winning season years ago or not has absolutely no influence on whether you will have one this season or not. So it's irrelevant and pointless to bring up the past or try to use that as a reason why your Dolphins are or will be supposedly better than us.

Let me ask you this...what are you going to say when the Bills defeat your Dolphins twice again this season? Let me guess, you'll play the violins again and exclaim that you are rebuilding and that the following year you will be great? And then no doubt you'll talk about how this is only 2 bad years for the Dolphins and that the Bills have had more...and finally you'll have to bring up the '72 Dolphins - b'cse when you don't have something in the present to talk about...you have to go back to the past and reach.
How did Ricky make the D look better and the Bills poor play made fiedler look better 4 out of the last 5 years!!

HHURRICANE
06-17-2005, 09:33 AM
The Dolphins were 4-12. They have the same QB and a rookie runningback or an anorexic, pot smoking psycho. Your Defense got older and if I'm not mistaken you lost your best defensive player because of salary Cap issues. The Bills "mediocre" line man handled Jason Taylor. What additions did the Dolphins make that are so awesome?

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 09:56 AM
How did Ricky make the D look better and the Bills poor play made fiedler look better 4 out of the last 5 years!!
You had a decent D a few years back. But as any team such as the Ravens can attest to...a good D isn't enough to win the games. If Fiedler is so good, why'd you get rid of him? I do admit that Fielder is better than Feeley, and look who you got stuck with. The Dolphins will score very little this season again - until you get a new franchise QB. And when you do, I will bring up all the arguments you've used against JP for the reason why you will have another bad season. You are easily atleast 2-3 years away from having an overall good team. And by then, some of your defense will be aging and in need of replacements. So you could easily be a year or two more after that unless you luck out in FA.

justasportsfan
06-17-2005, 09:59 AM
you guys actually are attempting to talk football w/ somone who has no common sense? Good luck. I just laugh at the guy.

TedMock
06-17-2005, 10:11 AM

Hooray! The Dolphins had a better overall record the last 5 years. Sweet! That's awesome considering that ranks as a zero on the list of importance this year. Buffalo and Miami are both very different teams now. We shall see. Yes, Ricky played well, but it led to a split against the Bills during his tenure. Big deal. In 2002 Ricky ran for 97 and 228 and lost both games. In 2003 Ricky ran for 153 and 111 and won both. Without Ricky: Miami won both in 2001 and lost both in 2004. So all this led to a perfect split. Like I said, both teams are really a crapshoot right now. We have no idea how good Losman will be, Ronnie Brown, Roscoe Parrish, Feely/Ferrotte, etc.

Kolbiss
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Are you so insecure about your team, that you have to come here and try to talk them up and defend them....???? How come you never answer me when I tell you how Jason Cole (miami Herlod reporter who knows more about the fish than you ever will) thinks the Bills will contend in the playoffs, and Miami will finish dead last and not make the playoffs....Is he delusional to??

AndreReed83
06-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Dude, feelthedumb, I don't care that Feeley threw three touchdowns in one half against us. He LOST that game. AJ FEELEY lost that game for the Dolphins. How many turnovers did he account for himself in that game? Wasn't it like 6? I'll never forget that photo of him from that game. The close up of him holding his forehead like his world was crashing around him. Awww, memories. Luckily AJ is still there and Gus is just as bad as AJ, so those good memories should continue.

btw, your response to me was weak, weak, and um, yea, weak... McFly.

Kolbiss
06-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Ohhhh.....Feelmyvein, where did you go??? Aren't you going to spout off on how you had a bad head coach, and fiedler lost all the games for you. How about how Ricky left and Boston got hurt, and now you have the greatest head coach in all of football (even though he has NEVER been a head coach in the NFL...Greg Williams comes to mind). OH OH, and how you have the best OC and O-line coach ever to walk the sidelines, or how AJ Feeley is going to set passing records, and Ronnie Brown and Ricky are going to domintate despite that revolving door you call an o-line. How about how you now have the best WR core in football, or despite the fact that you lost half you d-line, picking up a few over the hill linmen you are going to have the dest d-line in the AFC....What else did I miss, oh, even though the Bills had a rookie coaching staff, they went 9-7, and only losing one of those games that willis started, the Bills are going to take a step back, and Willis is going to have an off year, and JP is going to be a bust, and our o-line sucks, and parish is to small.......where are al your great comebacks and your amazing football knowledge....Why did you leave???

feelthepain
06-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Dude, feelthedumb, I don't care that Feeley threw three touchdowns in one half against us. He LOST that game. AJ FEELEY lost that game for the Dolphins. How many turnovers did he account for himself in that game? Wasn't it like 6? I'll never forget that photo of him from that game. The close up of him holding his forehead like his world was crashing around him. Awww, memories. Luckily AJ is still there and Gus is just as bad as AJ, so those good memories should continue.

btw, your response to me was weak, weak, and um, yea, weak... McFly.
No "he" didn't lose the game, the "team" lost the game!!!

AndreReed83
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
No "he" didn't lose the game, the "team" lost the game!!!

Great!! Then that abysmal second half performance was because your entire team is horrible. Again, great!!

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
So are you saying that the Dolphins are going to be better than the Bills???........Where did you go little boy?
I'll say it....the Dolphins WILL be better than the Jills!!!
Back to the norm.

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 02:34 PM

Done nothing to get better???
(1) Nick Saban
(2) Hudson Houck
(3) Ronnie Brown (Will be a stud, better than Willis)
(4) Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holiday, Donnie Spragan, Tebucky Jones
(5) Stocker McDougal, David Boston (Healthy), Ricky Williams (back because NO more WAD ball)

I can keep going:
Scott Linehan
Etc. Etc. Etc.

You guys have done what???

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 02:39 PM

Exactly!!!
Well said.
Let's come back to this lame site after we whoop up on the Jills a couple times. See if they still feel the same.

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I'll say it....the Dolphins WILL be better than the Jills!!!
Back to the norm.
Well of course they will. The Jills are just cheerleaders - not players. But even then, it'll probably be close. :D

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Done nothing to get better???
(1) Nick Saban
(2) Hudson Houck
(3) Ronnie Brown (Will be a stud, better than Willis)
(4) Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holiday, Donnie Spragan, Tebucky Jones
(5) Stocker McDougal, David Boston (Healthy), Ricky Williams (back because NO more WAD ball)

I can keep going:
Scott Linehan
Etc. Etc. Etc.

You guys have done what???
Go back and re-read this thread. We've stated this over many, many times...

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Exactly!!!
Well said.
Let's come back to this lame site after we whoop up on the Jills a couple times. See if they still feel the same.
And if you don't and you get whooped? Will you still come back with your tail between your legs and apologize? Or will you amazingly disappear for a little while and then come back next offseason and talk about how the Dolphins were rebuilding with a new HC and new everything and that 2006 WILL BE THE YEAR???

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
And if you don't and you get whooped? Will you still come back with your tail between your legs and apologize? Or will you amazingly disappear for a little while and then come back next offseason and talk about how the Dolphins were rebuilding with a new HC and new everything and that 2006 WILL BE THE YEAR???
No, I'll come back and eat some crow.
This is why I'm a football fan. Going back and forth talking smack is what makes the offseason fun!!
I'll be here during the season too!
If Willis does good or JP does well (I've stated it earlier that I like JP and I think he'll be a good QB in this league, just would'nt expect too much from him this year)
I'll say it.
But, I know too much about the Dolphins and what they've done this offseason to believe that we'll have another year like last year. It's not going to happen.

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 03:24 PM
No, I'll come back and eat some crow.
This is why I'm a football fan. Going back and forth talking smack is what makes the offseason fun!!
I'll be here during the season too!
If Willis does good or JP does well (I've stated it earlier that I like JP and I think he'll be a good QB in this league, just would'nt expect too much from him this year)
I'll say it.
But, I know too much about the Dolphins and what they've done this offseason to believe that we'll have another year like last year. It's not going to happen.
I agree, I don't think the Dolphins will be as bad as last year either...but FeelThePain makes it sound like they will be playoff contenders, and that I don't believe will be the case either. The AFC is currently too strong right now and has too many good teams.

The good thing about JP, is...like last year - when we weren't asking alot of Drew except to manage the game and let Willis control the ball, we will be essentially asking the same of JP. Except that 1) when we call for a pass, JP will not be a statue and should be able to avoid atleast a few sacks, 2) Hopefully he won't just lock onto Moulds like Drew did 3) will have another fast weapon in Parrish across the middle besides the speedy Evans.

While I do expect him to make mistakes here and there with tricky teams like NE, I don't expect he will be terrible and I expect him to get better as the year goes along.

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree, I don't think the Dolphins will be as bad as last year either...but FeelThePain makes it sound like they will be playoff contenders, and that I don't believe will be the case either. The AFC is currently too strong right now and has too many good teams.

The good thing about JP, is...like last year - when we weren't asking alot of Drew except to manage the game and let Willis control the ball, we will be essentially asking the same of JP. Except that 1) when we call for a pass, JP will not be a statue and should be able to avoid atleast a few sacks, 2) Hopefully he won't just lock onto Moulds like Drew did 3) will have another fast weapon in Parrish across the middle besides the speedy Evans.

While I do expect him to make mistakes here and there with tricky teams like NE, I don't expect he will be terrible and I expect him to get better as the year goes along.
Not to sound too much like the homer I am, but our offense has made HUGE improvements from last year. David Boston is healthy, Ronnie Brown will be a stud, we now have arguably the best OLine coach in the league in Hudson Houck and the top O Coordinator for the past three years in Scott Linehan. Not to mention that Ricky is coming back (he will be as good as before).
This is without going into what Saban is doing with the Defense. Read the ESPN article on Jason Taylor (very scary)
Also, 8/9 out of our 12 losses last year were by 3 points or less...this is the reason that Dolfans have a lot of optomism.

feelthepain
06-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Not to sound too much like the homer I am, but our offense has made HUGE improvements from last year. David Boston is healthy, Ronnie Brown will be a stud, we now have arguably the best OLine coach in the league in Hudson Houck and the top O Coordinator for the past three years in Scott Linehan. Not to mention that Ricky is coming back (he will be as good as before).
This is without going into what Saban is doing with the Defense. Read the ESPN article on Jason Taylor (very scary)
Also, 8/9 out of our 12 losses last year were by 3 points or less...this is the reason that Dolfans have a lot of optomism.

Hey Seventeen&0, good to see you working on your rep points!!!! Better then some fin fans that come here and love up to these brilliant fans!!! Anyways fight these overconfident fans tooth and nail most Bill here don't have much goin on upstairs but what can you expect from a losing franchise, I guess if 90% of the teams history was spent in the cellar we would be bitter idiots too...aren't you glad we are fin fans with a long proud history of wins and domination??? I am:brush:

AndreReed83
06-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey Seventeen&0, good to see you working on your rep points!!!! Better then some fin fans that come here and love up to these brilliant fans!!! Anyways fight these overconfident fans tooth and nail most Bill here don't have much goin on upstairs but what can you expect from a losing franchise, I guess if 90% of the teams history was spent in the cellar we would be bitter idiots too...aren't you glad we are fin fans with a long proud history of wins and domination??? I am:brush:

:boring:

Brad528
06-19-2005, 09:15 AM
I believe the Dolphins will have two Rbs on thier team better then Willis and no I am not being a homer I am just being realistic

mysticsoto
06-19-2005, 11:53 AM

Wasn't it not too long ago where you were whining b'cse people were attacking you...

If you jill fans had half a brain you'd be scary, all you do is attack and insult. How can you be taken seriously if you can't have a conversation without acting like two year olds??? Look how many responses to my post were of an insulting nature just because I didn't say how great PJ was. Is everone supposed to think he's great or not say anything at all?? If so, that proves how immature you people really are.
I guess not only are you a homer, but a hypocrite as well...not surprised at all, though. I will feel vindicated when the season begins and you realize how crappy Feeley is, how Saban isn't the next Messiah, and how it's going to take a few years for the Dolphins to be any good. No doubt you'll disappear from the boards for awhile. Or you'll backtrack and change your story about how it's going to take time for Saban's new philosophy to settle in - and that you'll be contenders next year. Don't worry...I'll be here to laugh at you the whole way!!! :haha: And to remind you of every bull**** thing you said within a post...

mysticsoto
06-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Well atleast I can discuss football more objective with you than this feelthepain hypocrite guy.

Don't you think adapting to a new offensive scheme will take time for the Dolphins - or are you expecting them to come out of the barn like experts already? Why do you assume that Ricky will be as good as before? Look at what happened to Michael Jordan when he left and tried to come back to the Bulls the following year? He had to work hard for an extra year to get back into professional shape. And everyone knows MJ is a strong competitor. RW is not a strong competitor - and surely you know that the only reason he's coming back is b'cse of money...besides, Ronnie Brown will be your main guy - I can't understand why Ricky would even be considered as someone who's going to contribute any. Saban is basically bringing him in to try and trade him and get something for him instead of nothing. And he may find that with the glut of RBs out there, that is not going to be so easy right now. Plus he's a bigger headache than Travis...

Well 2 of our games that we lost by a touchdown or less would have catapulted us into the playoffs. When it's all said and done, it doesn't really matter, does it? A loss counts as a loss, period. Personally, I don't think Jim (your iterim coach there) did such a bad job and I was surprised not to see you guys hire him. But I'm sure he'll do good elsewhere. You guys seem to think that Saban is your messiah - we'll have to see. Time will tell.

The_Philster
06-19-2005, 12:48 PM
I believe the Dolphins will have two Rbs on thier team better then Willis and no I am not being a homer I am just being realistic:roflmao:

justasportsfan
06-19-2005, 02:14 PM
I am:brush:Who you blowing today?

bledslow
06-19-2005, 09:13 PM
way to stuff the ballots bills HOMERS. this guy averaged UNDER 4 yards a rush last year. he scares nobody,and he is slow. martin and dillon are clearly better. ppl respect bledsoes arm more-so then jp's arm. drew had 20 td's last year.losman wont come close to that.ppl are gonna stuff the box and cream willis when he rushes. im thinking 3.8 ypc wich will be down compared to his WEAK 3.97 ypc of 04.

natefan22
06-19-2005, 09:18 PM
way to stuff the ballots bills HOMERS. this guy averaged UNDER 4 yards a rush last year. he scares nobody,and he is slow. martin and dillon are clearly better. ppl respect bledsoes arm more-so then jp's arm. drew had 20 td's last year.losman wont come close to that.ppl are gonna stuff the box and cream willis when he rushes. im thinking 3.8 ypc wich will be down compared to his WEAK 3.97 ypc of 04.

ur ugly

jmb1099
06-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I believe the Dolphins will have two Rbs on thier team better then Willis and no I am not being a homer I am just being realistic
If you thinking about Willis from different strokes than maybe, but still not likely. Keep posting though, it sure does make for a good laugh.

jmb1099
06-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Take a deep breath and calm down just long enough to think about this...no matter how well or how poorly we may play this year, we will still always be better than the dolphins.

AndreReed83
06-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Defenses stuffed the box all the time LAST YEAR. I already explained Willis' rushing average in an earlier post. I feel that overall, Losman will make better and quicker decisions then Bledsoe, making defenses have to have a greater respect for the passing game. Plus, you call us homers? Most Dolphin fans are convinced that Ronnie Brown will be better then Willis. That would be quite a season for a rookie RB. Sounds like the Homer-Bug has bitten some Dolphin fans too.

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Defenses stuffed the box all the time LAST YEAR. I already explained Willis' rushing average in an earlier post. I feel that overall, Losman will make better and quicker decisions then Bledsoe, making defenses have to have a greater respect for the passing game. Plus, you call us homers? Most Dolphin fans are convinced that Ronnie Brown will be better then Willis. That would be quite a season for a rookie RB. Sounds like the Homer-Bug has bitten some Dolphin fans too.
So PJ's inexperience will be better then Bledsoes expierence??? Physical skills obviously favor PJ but your now saying PJ will step in and play like he's been in the NFL 7 or 8 years. This is the kind of thinking that makes 90% of the jill fans here homers. R.Brown is a RB PJ is a QB, do you see the difference??? RB is a position you can make a first year impression at while QB is by far the toughest to make the transition to the pros. Why do the jill fans here refuse to accept this???? But hey this is a jill site, so as long as this is a jill site JP will be a SB QB this year and every player in the league except a Jill player will unerachieve.

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 08:05 AM
So PJ's inexperience will be better then Bledsoes expierence??? Physical skills obviously favor PJ but your now saying PJ will step in and play like he's been in the NFL 7 or 8 years. This is the kind of thinking that makes 90% of the jill fans here homers. R.Brown is a RB PJ is a QB, do you see the difference??? RB is a position you can make a first year impression at while QB is by far the toughest to make the transition to the pros. Why do the jill fans here refuse to accept this???? But hey this is a jill site, so as long as this is a jill site JP will be a SB QB this year and every player in the league except a Jill player will unerachieve.
Except that you forget to note certain things like JP is no longer a rookie. Despite him not being in professional games - he is now well acquainted with MM's playbook, has been here a year to see how things function under MM and had Drew as a mentor last year - AND has been here since February working hard with Sam Wyche to develop himself to the point of where he can correct a coach on terminology. Gee, I don't know about you, but those sound like positive attributes that you want your new QB to do so that he can achieve something.

Oh, and let's not forget how high Sam Wyche praises him - if anyone ought to know what it takes to be a good QB, it's him!!!! I'll take his word over yours any day!!!

TedMock
06-20-2005, 09:44 AM

What part of this was actually realistic? Possible? optimistic? That I can see, but realistic, no. Ronnie Brown was a very good back at Auburn, he was also a part time back, and is a rookie this year. There is no possible way to know that he'll be any good. He may. He may be the NFL's leading rusher, but there is no way to know, and to suggest so wouldn't be wise.

Ricky Williams? Maybe. If he regains his old form, he'll be a stud and Brown won't see the field too often. He also has to win back his team and is coming in a heck of a lot lighter than he was before. I know he's put some weight back on, but he's not even close to where he was. Maybe he'll gain speed, but maybe he'll be too weak for his running style. Maybe he's playing to avoid paying back $8 million, maybe his heart and soul aren't in the game, and he doesn't do so well. Again, we just don't know.

Kolbiss
06-20-2005, 01:19 PM
What part of this was actually realistic? Possible? optimistic? That I can see, but realistic, no. Ronnie Brown was a very good back at Auburn, he was also a part time back, and is a rookie this year. There is no possible way to know that he'll be any good. He may. He may be the NFL's leading rusher, but there is no way to know, and to suggest so wouldn't be wise.

Ricky Williams? Maybe. If he regains his old form, he'll be a stud and Brown won't see the field too often. He also has to win back his team and is coming in a heck of a lot lighter than he was before. I know he's put some weight back on, but he's not even close to where he was. Maybe he'll gain speed, but maybe he'll be too weak for his running style. Maybe he's playing to avoid paying back $8 million, maybe his heart and soul aren't in the game, and he doesn't do so well. Again, we just don't know.

:bf1:

Intelligent post, but dont expect the same from a fin fins answer, they are completely incapable of it.

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 02:46 PM

R.Brown also had the best combine of any rookie this year. In other words no player at the combine helped themselves more then R.Brown. How many rookie RB's made a good first impression last year alone??? McGehee,J.Jones,K.Jones,S.Jackson four rookie RB's last year all had very good years and how many QB's had similar results?? 1, and that's rare!!! Study football history.

justasportsfan
06-20-2005, 02:49 PM
R.Brown also had the best combine of any rookie this year. In other words no player at the combine helped themselves more then R.Brown. How many rookie RB's made a good first impression last year alone??? McGehee,J.Jones,K.Jones,S.Jackson four rookie RB's last year all had very good years and how many QB's had similar results?? 1, and that's rare!!! Study football history.
Combine performance is considered realistic? I thought what is proven on gameday is what makes something fact and realistic .

I heard Ryan Leaf did well at the combine.

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Except that you forget to note certain things like JP is no longer a rookie. Despite him not being in professional games - he is now well acquainted with MM's playbook, has been here a year to see how things function under MM and had Drew as a mentor last year - AND has been here since February working hard with Sam Wyche to develop himself to the point of where he can correct a coach on terminology. Gee, I don't know about you, but those sound like positive attributes that you want your new QB to do so that he can achieve something.

Oh, and let's not forget how high Sam Wyche praises him - if anyone ought to know what it takes to be a good QB, it's him!!!! I'll take his word over yours any day!!!

PJ is a rookie, I don't care what you have to to do to help yourself sleep at night, but make no mistake PJ is a rookie. You can't read speed, you have to be in the mix to get the feel for the speed in the NFL so reading every playbook on the planet won't help his cause...and you know this, stop lying to yourself.

I respect Sam, but he's not going to say PJ sucks!!! It's Sams job to help PJ, do you think Sam is gonna bad mouth part of the team thats he is responsible for??? Kind of a bias opinion that only a jill fan believes!!

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Combine performance is considered realistic? I thought what is proven on gameday is what makes something fact and realistic .

I heard Ryan Leaf did well at the combine.
One player... of all the years at the combine you come up with one player!!! Dork!

justasportsfan
06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
One player... of all the years at the combine you come up with one player!!! Dork!One player is enough to prove that the combine means nothing. :laughter:

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 03:15 PM
WRONG! The best combine had to belong to Matt Jones who went to Jacksonville...

TedMock
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM

Listen, you're obviously trying to start crap with the extremely mature "study football history" comment. I gave you actual, reasons why the former prediction may not come true. I also acknowledged that he may be great. Read carefully before you open your mouth. If you have read first, you'd see that I do not post without thinking. There are a lot of RB's that make good first impressions, there are also a lot that don't. Of course that's history, and I'm sure you're extremely well versed in football history. Also, did I say anywhere that RB's are less likely to succeed? Again, proven ignorance. You really do make it easy. QB's who sit and learn first also tend to struggle a little less. Oh, JP will struggle at times. He'll drive us crazy at times with young mistakes. Nobody will deny that. We all just hope that he also shows signs of greatness. Of course as a football historian you obviously understand that. Maybe your buddy was right (since he's the one I was responding to in the first place before you decided to drop so much intelligence into the conversation), maybe Brown will be better than most. Maybe that great combine won't result in a career like Mike Mamula whom Parcells said had the greatest combine he'd ever seen. Now he's somewhere on the all time bust list. Maybe as a first round back there is no way possible he ends up another Ki-Jana Carter. He's a sure fire Jim Brown. Don't just come at me with an attack before you comprehend what was written. Stop, read, try to understand, re-read, etc.

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
PJ is a rookie, I don't care what you have to to do to help yourself sleep at night, but make no mistake PJ is a rookie. You can't read speed, you have to be in the mix to get the feel for the speed in the NFL so reading every playbook on the planet won't help his cause...and you know this, stop lying to yourself.

I respect Sam, but he's not going to say PJ sucks!!! It's Sams job to help PJ, do you think Sam is gonna bad mouth part of the team thats he is responsible for??? Kind of a bias opinion that only a jill fan believes!!
I don't care what you want to call JP. If you want to call him a rookie with training camp experience, knowledge of MM's playbook, and familiarity with the Bills organization, team and coach play calling, then you go right ahead and call him rookie. But that rookie is going to be alot more prepared than what I consider a rookie. Terminology doesn't change who or what he is and how well he is preparing himself, so I could care less what you feel deemed to call him so that you can sleep better at night.

Sam would not say JP sucks, but he could say the kid needs to work on blah, blah, blah. Instead he's enthusiastic about him and virtually everyone is saying that this kid has the skills to go places. Now he just needs experience - which he will get over time.

And by the way, what's with the PJ crap? Are you dyslexic also? His name is JP - if you can't handle it then don't call him anything PainTheFeel!!! Personally, I think you have alot of displaced anger b'cse your team sucks so bad. Already articles are coming out everywhere about how bad Feeley is and that Gus will probably beat him out (who hasn't started in 7-8 years) and even Sage is looking better than Feeley. I look forward to your whining this season!!!

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
WRONG! The best combine had to belong to Matt Jones who went to Jacksonville...

Wrong again!!! Where was Jones drafted?? And Where was Brown drafted??

justasportsfan
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Wrong again!!! Where was Jones drafted?? And Where was Brown drafted?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Sam would not say JP sucks, but he could say the kid needs to work on blah, blah, blah.

And make the Jills FO look bad for drafting a guy in the first rd that shouldn't have been drafted till the third or fourth??

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Uh...listen dumbass...having a great combine and the position where you are drafted are only loosely related. Alot of other things come into play - like need of a team, etc. But even by your terminology, you are still WRONG b'cse then Alex Smith with have had the best combine! You might as well keep your foot in your mouth since it always appears to be there!

Bulldog
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM

Brown was supposed to be a top ten pick. Jones was considered to be a third round selection prior to the combine. After his amazing work out, he shot up the draft boards and was taken in the first round. I would say that Jones had the better combine as far as improving his draft status. You're too much of a homer to realize that. We should probably reserve a place in the HOF for Brown. I mean he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL and he's already considered by some Dolphins fans to be the most explosive back in the AFC East. You really need to get a clue before you open your big mouth.

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 03:42 PM
And make the Jills FO look bad for drafting a guy in the first rd that shouldn't have been drafted till the third or fourth??
??? Do you read or do you just like posting idiodicies??? It has been stated several times that GB was about to take JP when TD jump up and grabbed him. The Rams coach also praised JP when interviewed. Virtually everyone does except you. And you never will b'cse in the short term, JP and the Bills will be delivering spankings to your team and you will wish you never had to watch him play...

Bulldog
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM

I'd like to see one draft publication from 2004 that said Losman should be taken in the third or fourth round. Where do you come up with this crap? Don't be upset because the 3rd stringer that Miami gave up a second round pick for can't even beat out Sage. Miami's QB's may be the only thing that's a bigger joke than you are.

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Uh...listen dumbass...having a great combine and the position where you are drafted are only loosely related. Alot of other things come into play - like need of a team, etc. But even by your terminology, you are still WRONG b'cse then Alex Smith with have had the best combine! You might as well keep your foot in your mouth since it always appears to be there!
Screw you dumbass, your opinion is yours and mine is mine!! Your such a little girl....punk!

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I'd like to see one draft publication from 2004 that said Losman should be taken in the third or fourth round. Where do you come up with this crap? Don't be upset because the 3rd stringer that Miami gave up a second round pick for can't even beat out Sage. Miami's QB's may be the only thing that's a bigger joke than you are.
Why wasn't Losman involved in the QB class like Rivers, Big Ben, and Manning??? Because he had issues no one else wanted him but you fans act like he is Manning and Losman hasn't even taken a snap yet!! Infact he hasn't made it through a presaeason camp healthy yet!! Everyone on the telecats at the draft last year was shocked ANYONE would move up to darft him!!! Go back and read.

Kolbiss
06-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Screw you dumbass, your opinion is yours and mine is mine!! Your such a little girl....punk!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:nuk: :nuk: :nuk: :nuk: :nuk: :nuk:

that is priceless!!! You just got put in your place big time, and all you can say is screw you!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bulldog
06-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Why wasn't Losman involved in the QB class like Rivers, Big Ben, and Manning??? Because he had issues no one else wanted him but you fans act like he is Manning and Losman hasn't even taken a snap yet!! Infact he hasn't made it through a presaeason camp healthy yet!! Everyone on the telecats at the draft last year was shocked ANYONE would move up to darft him!!! Go back and read.

And every analyst would agree that Miami giving up a second round draft pick for a 3rd string QB is one of the dumbest trades ever. And I never heard anyone say that Buffalo was foolish for moving back into the first round to select Losman. Once again, you prove how truly dumb you really are.

Kolbiss
06-20-2005, 04:07 PM

they were shocked we took Mcgahee to...How did that work out???

justasportsfan
06-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Why wasn't Losman involved in the QB class like Rivers, Big Ben, and Manning??? Because he had issues no one else wanted him but you fans act like he is Manning and Losman hasn't even taken a snap yet!! Infact he hasn't made it through a presaeason camp healthy yet!! Everyone on the telecats at the draft last year was shocked ANYONE would move up to darft him!!! Go back and read.Well if you are going to use the position Losman was drafted in his qb class,where was BRADY drafted? Obviously no one wanted Brady until the 6th.

How did Marino turn out compared to the qb's drafted before him? Use some common sense will ya.

Losman could be a bust or he could be a great one. Using his draft position is ret@rded.

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Well if you are going to use the position Losman was drafted in his qb class,where was BRADY drafted? Obviously no one wanted Brady until the 6th.

How did Marino turn out compared to the qb's drafted before him? Use some common sense will ya.

Losman could be a bust or he could be a great one. Using his draft position is ret@rded.Where does Brady play (3 out of the last 4 SB' New England) and where (does???)....opps, will PJ ( fubbalo have never won any SB's even hold the record for most SB loses in a row!!!) play? Dude get real Brady has 4 SB rings because of NE system not his draft position or talent. He was a big part, but a part none the less. The Pats are a winning system not the norm in the NFL, not since the insertion of of FA. NE could have won those SB's without Brady just like they won without Dillion or Ty Law or L.Milloy or anybody else BB decides plug into his SYSTEM. Notice the last word??

Losman could be a bust or he could be a great one. Using his draft position is ret@rded.Good one, just the kinda response I would expect from someone in denial. What you really ment to say was, "yeah your right ftp, he didn't belong in that group and thats why he wasn't in the group of QB's taken above him and yeah it was a stretch for the Bills front office to move up and take him. We needed help big time on the O-line and we instad we traded away a future pick drafted a future project. But what can you do TD isn't the sharpest tool in the shed". Right?? I know thats what you ment.

Now your sayin PJ could do what Marino did??? Lets see.... Favre couldn't, Elway couldn't Montana couldn't But PJ could???? Hey man pass that chit over here!!!:shutit:

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Ahh, when logic is shown and you can't reply back intelligently, you have nothing else to fall back on...how typical of you...

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Where does Brady play (3 out of the last 4 SB' New England) and where (does???)....opps, will PJ ( fubbalo have never won any SB's even hold the record for most SB loses in a row!!!) play? Dude get real Brady has 4 SB rings because of NE system not his draft position or talent. He was a big part, but a part none the less. The Pats are a winning system not the norm in the NFL, not since the insertion of of FA. NE could have won those SB's without Brady just like they won without Dillion or Ty Law or L.Milloy or anybody else BB decides plug into his SYSTEM. Notice the last word?? I got news for you...that's the case with every team. Although some QBs get more attention than others - it is always b'cse of the system (read team, read coaching, read overall system) that they win. It is one of the reasons Marino never had a ring on his finger!

Good one, just the kinda response I would expect from someone in denial. What you really ment to say was, "yeah your right ftp, he didn't belong in that group and thats why he wasn't in the group of QB's taken above him and yeah it was a stretch for the Bills front office to move up and take him. We needed help big time on the O-line and we instad we traded away a future pick drafted a future project. But what can you do TD isn't the sharpest tool in the shed". Right?? I know thats what you ment.

Now your sayin PJ could do what Marino did??? Lets see.... Favre couldn't, Elway couldn't Montana couldn't But PJ could???? Hey man pass that chit over here!!!:shutit: Man, not only do you hear voices, but you read things that aren't there. A little Prozac might do wonders for you. JP wasn't in that group b'cse he came from Tulane that basically didn't have the clout that some of the other schools had. That being said, Wyche, who you seem to admit to respect (in another post - unless you just post whatever bull**** comes to your mind each time) exclaimed that he felt JP was the best QB of the group. And as of yet, it is still indetermined if he was right or not. However, Eli did terrible last year, and Rivers isn't even starting yet. So other than Roethlisberger (who I felt the Giants should have took instead) JP seems to be in a good position...I don't know any Bills fan that is complaining about us having Losman - you complaining makes sense though b'cse your team will have to face him. So I can see why you are whining so much...

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Ahh, when logic is shown and you can't reply back intelligently, you have nothing else to fall back on...how typical of you...
Who started the name calling??? Try to stay within yourself!!!

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I got news for you...that's the case with every team. Although some QBs get more attention than others - it is always b'cse of the system (read team, read coaching, read overall system) that they win. It is one of the reasons Marino never had a ring on his finger!

Man, not only do you hear voices, but you read things that aren't there. A little Prozac might do wonders for you. JP wasn't in that group b'cse he came from Tulane that basically didn't have the clout that some of the other schools had. That being said, Wyche, who you seem to admit to respect (in another post - unless you just post whatever bull**** comes to your mind each time) exclaimed that he felt JP was the best QB of the group. And as of yet, it is still indetermined if he was right or not. However, Eli did terrible last year, and Rivers isn't even starting yet. So other than Roethlisberger (who I felt the Giants should have took instead) JP seems to be in a good position...I don't know any Bills fan that is complaining about us having Losman - you complaining makes sense though b'cse your team will have to face him. So I can see why you are whining so much...Dude...shut up, I said something last week about Losman going to Tulane and why didn't he go to Miami or Ohio State or Oaklahoma if he was so great and was insulted again. You need to check with the other bottom feeders here and have a pow wow becuse you knuckle draggers aren't on the same page. I never said you have to be a big time QB to got to a top school, I just said, why didn't Losman go to the big name schools if he was so great??

The_Philster
06-20-2005, 06:41 PM
maybe he just happened to love Tulane..

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Who started the name calling??? Try to stay within yourself!!!
I treat people the way they act. If you do alot of name calling - then I figure the only way I can talk to you is to respond in the same fashion. If you talked intelligently and posted rationally and objectively, then I would do the same toward you - but I see little chance of that happening.

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Dude...shut up, I said something last week about Losman going to Tulane and why didn't he go to Miami or Ohio State or Oaklahoma if he was so great and was insulted again. You need to check with the other bottom feeders here and have a pow wow becuse you knuckle draggers aren't on the same page. I never said you have to be a big time QB to got to a top school, I just said, why didn't Losman go to the big name schools if he was so great??
Actually, the reason he went to Tulane was posted already - which is probably why you were insulted. I'm not going to go around in circles. Look it up - this question was answered. If you don't read well, get a kindergarten kid to help you...

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually, the reason he went to Tulane was posted already - which is probably why you were insulted. I'm not going to go around in circles. Look it up - this question was answered. If you don't read well, get a kindergarten kid to help you...
This is why I don't get involved with FeeltheGroin's posts anymore. Besides the fact that he constantly contradicts himself and is incapable of an objective discussion, he literally loves the abuse and attention he receives by visiting this site. How sad is that?

Crisis
06-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah, no great QBs ever go to small-schools.

Remind me, what colleges did Favre and McNair go to?

Bulldog
06-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Now your sayin PJ could do what Marino did??? Lets see.... Favre couldn't, Elway couldn't Montana couldn't But PJ could???? Hey man pass that chit over here!!!:shutit:

Yeah, the big difference between Farve, Elway, & Montana is that they all have rings and Marino doesn't. :lmao: Only a dummy like you could walk right into that one. Good luck with the 3rd stringer this year.

ublinkwescore
06-20-2005, 09:26 PM
this dude said that Brady has 4 superbowl rings - I guess in Miami, they learneded (that was on purpose) to count a little faster then the rest of the country - they skip the number 3.

Bulldog
06-20-2005, 09:37 PM
this dude said that Brady has 4 superbowl rings - I guess in Miami, they learneded (that was on purpose) to count a little faster then the rest of the country - they skip the number 3.

That tool actually lives in NJ. Still, she wears a helmet and rides the short bus to school, so it's to be expected. :lmao:

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 10:27 PM
I treat people the way they act. If you do alot of name calling - then I figure the only way I can talk to you is to respond in the same fashion. If you talked intelligently and posted rationally and objectively, then I would do the same toward you - but I see little chance of that happening.
Lame excuse for acting like an idiot!! I do post intelligently, you just don't like what I have to say!! See the difference?? You don't have to agree with what I wrte, so post like a respectful human being and you'll get the same in return but, you don't you jump on the idot billwaggon and look as foolish as the rest. I've tried to make piece with you before and your not having it, thats on you.

feelthepain
06-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the big difference between Farve, Elway, & Montana is that they all have rings and Marino doesn't. :lmao: Only a dummy like you could walk right into that one. Good luck with the 3rd stringer this year.
Marino may not own a ring but he owns nearly every record in the book. And has the respect of his peers. What do you have a, a love for a team that has absolutley nothing to show for the long history in the league and a third grade education wow, you must be proud. Shhh..quite timmy, you just got Bi*** slapped!!

Kolbiss
06-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Marino may not own a ring but he owns nearly every record in the book. And has the respect of his peers. What do you have a, a love for a team that has absolutley nothing to show for the long history in the league and a third grade education wow, you must be proud. Shhh..quite timmy, you just got Bi*** slapped!!

Sooo...if having records is good enough as you say, then why do you always bring up Bufalos four strait SB losses??? Is that not a reocrd, or is it that success is judged by championships?? You cant have it both ways buddy, you flip flop more than John Kerry!! You have zero credability with anyone on this board, and even posters on Finheaven!!! :crap:

jmb1099
06-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Lame excuse for acting like an idiot!! I do post intelligently, you just don't like what I have to say!! See the difference?? You don't have to agree with what I wrte, so post like a respectful human being and you'll get the same in return but, you don't you jump on the idot billwaggon and look as foolish as the rest. I've tried to make piece with you before and your not having it, thats on you.
Yup...real smart...its peace not piece. Webster's Dictionary is a wonderful resource.

mysticsoto
06-21-2005, 07:23 AM
You really need to get a kindergarten kid to help you...you've tried to make piece with me??? Sorry, I don't swing that way. Try your local gay bar...

If you post intelligently, it must be in another forum...

Bulldog
06-21-2005, 07:32 AM

Oh man, you really got me. I love how you blast everyone on here and call them stupid and suggest that they aren't educated. Then, being the genius that you are, you confuse piece with peace. :lmao: Yet another smooth move from the resident idiot.

justasportsfan
06-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Marino may not own a ring but he owns nearly every record in the book.
I like the one where he has a losing record against the bills. The best one is where he is Kelly's B1tch on record :snicker:

mysticsoto
06-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Yup...real smart...its peace not piece. Webster's Dictionary is a wonderful resource.
You know, FeelTheLame talks about posting intelligently, but how many errors does his post have???

Lame excuse for acting like an idiot!! I do post intelligently, you just don't like what I have to say!! See the difference?? You don't have to agree with what I wrte (sp), so post like a respectful human being and you'll get the same in return but, (run on sentence) you don't (period - another run on sentence) you jump on the idot (sp) billwaggon (sp) and look as foolish as the rest. I've tried to make piece (gay alert! gay alert!) with you before and your (sp) not having it, (run on sentence again) thats on you.
This is not an intelligent post, FeelTheLame...see the difference??

Seventeen&0
06-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Well atleast I can discuss football more objective with you than this feelthepain hypocrite guy.

Don't you think adapting to a new offensive scheme will take time for the Dolphins - or are you expecting them to come out of the barn like experts already? Why do you assume that Ricky will be as good as before? Look at what happened to Michael Jordan when he left and tried to come back to the Bulls the following year? He had to work hard for an extra year to get back into professional shape. And everyone knows MJ is a strong competitor. RW is not a strong competitor - and surely you know that the only reason he's coming back is b'cse of money...besides, Ronnie Brown will be your main guy - I can't understand why Ricky would even be considered as someone who's going to contribute any. Saban is basically bringing him in to try and trade him and get something for him instead of nothing. And he may find that with the glut of RBs out there, that is not going to be so easy right now. Plus he's a bigger headache than Travis...

Well 2 of our games that we lost by a touchdown or less would have catapulted us into the playoffs. When it's all said and done, it doesn't really matter, does it? A loss counts as a loss, period. Personally, I don't think Jim (your iterim coach there) did such a bad job and I was surprised not to see you guys hire him. But I'm sure he'll do good elsewhere. You guys seem to think that Saban is your messiah - we'll have to see. Time will tell.

I don't think we'll come right out of the gates full speed, but we do have 5 preseason games...more than enough time to at least get our OLine performing well. Right now, in my mind, I have Ricky as our #3 RB behind Ronnie Brown and Lamar Gordon, both are having excellent camps. Our key will be our OLine and if they can play better (can't play much worse than last year) then I think we'll be much better on offense.

As far as Ricky goes, I have to disagree with you about Ricky not being a strong competitor. When he's on the field, he competes. He always gave it everything he had on the field. It's off the field where I have concerns. Also, I'm not sold on the fact that we're bringing him back to trade him. What would we get for him? Not much. Edge, Henry, Alexander are all out there for 2nd or 3rd round picks and no one took them. The best value we could get for Ricky is if got his head back into football. Sure, he's coming back for money, but money is a great motivator. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing if it wasn't for the money.

The reason I bring up the number of points we lost by is just to show the fact that we were in a lot of our games and good coaching could be a big factor for us this year. Saban can coach and it's showing already in the mini camps. Also, with Linehan and Houck running our offense along with the upgrades at running back and offensive line we will be much better. Not sure about Saban being our Messiah, but he's a Huge improvement over what we've had for the last four years.

OUT

jmb1099
06-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I don't think we'll come right out of the gates full speed, but we do have 5 preseason games...more than enough time to at least get our OLine performing well. Right now, in my mind, I have Ricky as our #3 RB behind Ronnie Brown and Lamar Gordon, both are having excellent camps. Our key will be our OLine and if they can play better (can't play much worse than last year) then I think we'll be much better on offense.

As far as Ricky goes, I have to disagree with you about Ricky not being a strong competitor. When he's on the field, he competes. He always gave it everything he had on the field. It's off the field where I have concerns. Also, I'm not sold on the fact that we're bringing him back to trade him. What would we get for him? Not much. Edge, Henry, Alexander are all out there for 2nd or 3rd round picks and no one took them. The best value we could get for Ricky is if got his head back into football. Sure, he's coming back for money, but money is a great motivator. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing if it wasn't for the money.

The reason I bring up the number of points we lost by is just to show the fact that we were in a lot of our games and good coaching could be a big factor for us this year. Saban can coach and it's showing already in the mini camps. Also, with Linehan and Houck running our offense along with the upgrades at running back and offensive line we will be much better. Not sure about Saban being our Messiah, but he's a Huge improvement over what we've had for the last four years.

OUT
Props for a good fins fan post. Feelthepain could learn something from this.
O-line is a concern here too (as I'm sure you know). Ricky is a mystery to be sure. Are the fans welcoming him back warmly or is he taking some heat?

Seventeen&0
06-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Props for a good fins fan post. Feelthepain could learn something from this.
O-line is a concern here too (as I'm sure you know). Ricky is a mystery to be sure. Are the fans welcoming him back warmly or is he taking some heat?He's taking some heat, but rightfully so. He walked out on us last year and people are still pretty resentful. But, to me, it matters more what the guys in the locker room think. If they are OK with him back, then so am I. I have no problem with someone not wanting to play football. It's a brutal, physical sport that will leave you crippled by 35. It's the way he left that bothered me. I think that's really everyone's beef. He should have had some courtesy and respect to give more notice. You don't just walk out on the guys that had your back for those past few years.