PDA

View Full Version : Randy Cross

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 01:41 PM
Would someone please give him a condom so he can go run on the field and make love to Brett Favre.

Big game and we get these pathetic announcers.

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:45 PM
LMAO!

Novacane
12-22-2002, 03:50 PM
LOL! At the end he was talking like Farve had a great game. He sucked today and so did Cross

Mr Angry
12-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Cross always has, and always will suck. He usually picks the Pack apart. He is nothing but an arrogant blowhole whose claim to fame was having Joe Montana fondle his scrote for a few seasons.

kgun12
12-22-2002, 07:53 PM
TD I tought the same thing about the time you started this thread, so I email CBS sports and told them the same thing. Hopefully they tell Randy no glove no love.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 08:29 PM
:rofl:

WG
12-22-2002, 08:37 PM
I thought he was right on the money with just about every one of his comments. I suppose they aren't getting rave reviews here b/c he was critical of our O today.

WG
12-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Why all the negativism...?

:D

JefftheBillsfan
12-23-2002, 09:14 AM
LOL!! I was sad not to see this week's version of Randy Cross America!!! whats w/that?!?!!? oh my, what a moron

kgun12
12-23-2002, 10:16 AM
Wys he was much better in the 2nd half of the game, but he was thorrible in the 1st half. Not beceause of his comments about the Bills, but he was a NFC guy during thier dominates over the AFC and he can't let it go! He was way over the top about Bret yesterday seeing that he was not having a good day either. His comments about the Bills self inflected wounds were right on. He other comments were sickening!

WG
12-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Perhaps, and perhaps he has an enormous favoratism for Favre as would be understandable. Even I find him fascinating to watch and fun as well. I root for him all the time in the absence of any reason not to. He's a likeable guy just like Drew. Even moreso perhaps.

But that shouldn't, and as I see it didn't, have anything at all to do w/ his announcing. He brought up some good points, and in fact some points that I was thinking the same thing as he was saying them. Such as, why on 2nd and 1 we ran a sweep w/ Henry? Let Drew fall forward w/ it or just give it to Henry UTM. But running Henry around the end on that kind of play is like trying to use a rotating toothbrush to wash the dishes. It may work, but it's certainly not the optimal way.

He also correctly pointed out that totally missed Price on that sack, the second in a row BTW, that he took on 3rd-14 that resulted in the fumble that set up the Pack's only TD only 4 plays later. He said correctly again, that Drew simply cannot allow that to happen.

If he had some positive things to say about Favre, then I can hardly argue with him. Favre answered the bell when push came to shove. Drew didn't in comparson. The simple passing numbers yesterday just don't tell the whole story. The difference in the play of the two QBs was much, much different than what the boxscore says.

I thought he was right on all day although I can appreciate some fans' loyalty and bias otherwise. ;)

Typ0
12-23-2002, 10:33 AM
Favre is a living legend. Everyone in broadcasting lambastes him with praise on a constant basis. I don't blame them one bit. After all these years Brett Favre still offers a complete committal to the fake handoff. It's just a little thing but I have no idea why no other QB's in the league work to excel at this. I guess they think they are too good now that they are pro's they don't got to do that. Favre has a couple bad games a season...but the rest of the games he is a one man machine.

TedMock
12-23-2002, 11:18 AM
I've always felt like Cross was a moron. I usually avoid his games when possible. He states the obvious and rarely says anything intelligent. I feel dumber after listening to him. He's an NFC guy and I understand that but Favre did nothing impressive yesterday, he stunk. Cross still manages to talk about how great he's managing the game. He's the stereotype that gives lineman a bad name.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2002, 11:23 AM
It wouldn't have been so bad Cross loving Brett so much if Brett was actually having a good game. Brett sucked yesterday, the only reason he doesn't get any mention of playing so bad is because Beldsoe sucked more.

How many times did he say he was from Atlanta? I remember 1 time when he was comparing Favre to Maddux, I know there was another.

ticatfan
12-23-2002, 11:28 AM
Sucked or not he still got the win.
GO PACKERS GO.

TedMock
12-23-2002, 11:43 AM
you mean their defense got the win.