PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe

Bert102176
12-22-2002, 02:31 PM
he is holding on to the ball to long looking like Rob Johnson today, and he's had the rb open for drop off passes but isn't doing it.

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 02:48 PM
He is the second version of RJ....why do you think he was traded...the way you feel about the Buccaneers right now is the way the Patriots feel about you.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 02:52 PM
It's starting to look like Bledsoe is a bum

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 02:59 PM
It looked like it years ago...you cant blame the Bills though , they were desperate for a QB and Bledsoe was the best sorriest QB available....you dont think hes thinking about being in his little warm cabin up in Montana right bout now....he shouldve left the 'Gone fishin' sign up when Ralphy came to pick him up!...:cold:

Bert102176
12-22-2002, 03:01 PM
we lost this game because of Bledsoe get the piece of crap out of here.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:06 PM
42% QB rating. I don't think this takes his fumbles into account, either.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:06 PM
Bledsoe's career = cannot perform in the big game.

colin
12-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
we lost this game because of Bledsoe get the piece of crap out of here.

He sucked, but the line played worse. We could not run, and could not protect. No one could have played well behind our line today.

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Micheal Vick could.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I disagree. The O-Line wasn't to blame. They weren't great, but Drew screwed up pretty much all by himself. There were plenty of times where Drew had time to throw and either tossed it incomplete or to Green Bay.

colin
12-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I disagree. The O-Line wasn't to blame. They weren't great, but Drew screwed up pretty much all by himself. There were plenty of times where Drew had time to throw and either tossed it incomplete or to Green Bay.

7 sacks, no running game either. Holliday in the back field all day, that is on the line.

Vick had some horrible games last year getting sacked, he looks bad when he playes without protection (Tampa games anyone?).

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 03:15 PM
It's not hard to get sacked 7 times when the QB is staring out into space patting the damn football.

Mad Bomber
12-22-2002, 03:15 PM
Don't blame Drew for Moulds dropping a ball in his hands...

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 03:17 PM
You mean Price. A couple dropped passes will happen from time to time. That has nothing to do with his 4 TO's. He could've easily had 6

Typ0
12-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Give it a rest Bledsoe is the leader and he did a wonderful individual job of stinking up Lambeau field. There are no excuses.

colin
12-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
It's not hard to get sacked 7 times when the QB is staring out into space patting the damn football.

Seriously now, what routs were the WRs running? We are deep or at the very least out and around the middle on every play. Did you ever time how long it took for the GB players to get in the back field? Drew may have stank, but the oline was worse.

Henry sucked too, 50 yards and a fumble is terrible, especially agaisnt a bad run D. You should realise there are more players than just the QB.

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

I dont think anybody is....Everybody is blaming him for the 2 INTs and Fumbles he commited that costed you not only the game but the season as well.....:deadhorse

The Natrix
12-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Moulds caught every ball that he should have, I don't know WTF you are talking about.

Drew is the sole reason why we lost. Period.

It sucks to, because a lot of the other games around the NFL were going our way as far as helping us get in

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Bledsoe has lost us about 3 of our last 5 losses. Any kind of production from him in them games and we go 4-3 instead of 2-5 over our last 7 games.

colin
12-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

Moulds caught every ball that he should have, I don't know WTF you are talking about.

Drew is the sole reason why we lost. Period.

It sucks to, because a lot of the other games around the NFL were going our way as far as helping us get in

Drew is the sole reason? Really, so the Oline and Henry played well? Drew sucked the bag today, but so did the line and RB.

Most people realise that Carr in Houston getting sacked a ton implies poor line play, but Bledsoe getting dropped a bunch is on him alone?

mybills
12-22-2002, 03:25 PM
DREW Bumbling Blindsoe SUCKS!!!!!!!
Nobody listened to me at draft time. Even wys gave in at one point, then reverted back to his original thoughts on the guy. I didn't want to say this, but I just can't help my self....I TOLD YOU SO!!!! He may be a nice guy off the field, but he's an ARM only QB, and I think it's funny how some compare him to RJ in this thread, because I've also been calling him RJ's TWIN right along. He is not our savior, and never will be. You can't blame the line on him any more than you can hold him responsible for our 7-7 record, now 7-8, because it's our improved line that got us to 7-7 from 3-13, not Drew.

mybills
12-22-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by colin

but Bledsoe getting dropped a bunch is on him alone?

99 % yes.

He had guys wide open, but once again he did not scope the field. Instead, he holds on to the ball waiting for his initial intended to get open. By then, it's too late. Tunnel vision from his horse blinders all the way.

colin
12-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by mybills

99 % yes.

He had guys wide open, but once again he did not scope the field. Instead, he holds on to the ball waiting for his initial intended to get open. By then, it's too late. Tunnel vision from his horse blinders all the way.

So you mean to say that the line played well, and that only QBs are responsible for sacks?

mybills
12-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder

My son had me laughing. He said Drew steps back 15 feet and says "sack me". :evil:

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:33 PM
My big concern isn't with today. It's Drew's performance throughout the season. Consistent with his career. Huge numbers against sub-par teams. Poor performances against division rivals and in the big games. Just look at the statistics (screw the over all yards and the bogus Pro Bowl bid). And don't go giving me the one-game examples to try and dispute this. I don't care if he had a great game vs. Miami. He sucked against NE and the Jets in the other Miami game. He was never able to carry a team. This is what Gilbride ignored coming into this season and continued to ignore throughout it.

Drew could be a solid QB for Buffalo. Just not as the focal point of the offense. He's to prone to making stupid mistakes.

mybills
12-22-2002, 03:35 PM

So you mean to say that the line played well, and that only QBs are responsible for sacks?

yes and no.
the line played well enough.
Drew was resposible for 99%.
but now I'm just repeating myself.

BillsMan80
12-22-2002, 03:35 PM
It's everyone's fault. First, he tried to force that 1st INT. Terrible choice. 2nd, he holds onto the ball for too long no doubt, but, our line needs to hold their blocks for a token amount of time. 3rd, our offense isn't making plays when they have the chance as a whole. If our OLine and Bledsoe continue to stink up the building, when we have a chance to make a play, i.e. Peerless, we NEED to make the play. This game makes me wonder where we need to address in FA and the draft in this offseason, Offense or Defense?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, was Bledsoe taking a sack, knocking us out of FG range in the winds for Hollis, and because of the winds, Hollis's kick was pushed left, thanks to a sack. The offense sucks right now.

mybills
12-22-2002, 03:36 PM
My big concern isn't with today. It's Drew's performance throughout the season. Consistent with his career. Huge numbers against sub-par teams. Poor performances against division rivals and in the big games. Just look at the statistics (screw the over all yards and the bogus Pro Bowl bid). And don't go giving me the one-game examples to try and dispute this. I don't care if he had a great game vs. Miami. He sucked against NE and the Jets in the other Miami game. He was never able to carry a team. This is what Gilbride ignored coming into this season and continued to ignore throughout it.

Drew could be a solid QB for Buffalo. Just not as the focal point of the offense. He's to prone to making stupid mistakes.

hear here :up:

The Natrix
12-22-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by mybills
He may be a nice guy off the field

this is exactly why a lot of these fans will stick with him no matter what.

I don't care if he listens to Dave Mathews and enjoys sunsets at his home in Montana. I have very high standards when it comes to who plays here, and I am not content with Drew Bledsoe at QB

I find it funny how people can get on Peerless for an offside and a fumble in one game, but Bledsoe has played either ok or bad in his last 9 games or so and he his still a god as far as some of you are concerned.

keep all the #11 jerseys at home for the Cinnci game. If you insist on wearing a Jersey, get a T-Hen etc, etc.

Thank you for your time

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 03:40 PM
If Drew took up surfing and wore a bandana more people would probably be judgemental to his play. Everyone has their head up his ass though.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:40 PM
For the record. I don't blame Drew completely. I blame Gilbride. I thought he was the worst person to hire coming into the season. The Run and Shoot was his thing and we know how well Houston did with it. . . Gilbride has done exactly what Drew Bledsoe didn't need. He put all the focus and pressure on Drew. The only offseason change I'd like to see on the offensive side, is to replace the one-dimensional, thick-headed Gilbride.

Novacane
12-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Bledsoe did not deserve to be in the pro-bowl. I have been one of the most paitent with him but he is making rookie mistakes again and again. I am starting to wonder if trading for him was not a mistake

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 03:43 PM
The entire O sucked and Drew had his part in it , however it was not entirely his own doing. The OL couldn't protect Drew and when they did Drew didn't do squat. OL couldn't open holes and Henry couldn't run .

If Price didn't drop that pass , who knows if we could've scored. Moulds dropped a diving catch and although we can't blame him for that , those are catches he usually makes. That's why we pay him the big bucks.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 03:44 PM
He's in the Probowl because of his first 6 weeks of the year and all the hype surrounding him.

Typ0
12-22-2002, 03:44 PM
Bledsoe in the pro bowl and no Steve McNair is a crime.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:48 PM
BledsoeToReadFor6:

Trading for Bledsoe wasn't a mistake. Forcing him back into the same role he suffered through in New England is the mistake. Drew has many of the tools, he's just too willing to accept the "I must do this" attitude and start forcing things.

To his credit, fumbling isn't a problem. Today, he held the ball to long while trying too hard to make the difference that Gilbride forced him into making. This allowed the GB D-Line time to get in and knock the slick ball out.

We need an Offensive Coordinator who can use the strengths of Drew and at lease SPLIT the focus with the running game. You can't play with the "Live and Die by the Long Ball" theory and expect to win with anyone, nevermind Drew Bledsoe (See Warren Moon).

The Natrix
12-22-2002, 03:49 PM
...Brady too

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:50 PM
McNair got robbed by Bledsoe!...nough said.

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 03:51 PM
BledsoeToReadFor6:

We need an Offensive Coordinator who can use the strengths of Drew and at lease SPLIT the focus with the running game. You can't play with the "Live and Die by the Long Ball" theory and expect to win with anyone, nevermind Drew Bledsoe (See Warren Moon).

I agree. We need someone who can adjust his games plans based on the team he's playing that week. Not the same long ball crap.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:52 PM
Not just McNair and Brady. Chad Pendington, Tommy Maddox, and a couple others we could argue about.

Bledsoe got in on the same hype he's been riding on since he was drafted.

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 03:59 PM
Things we CAN build on with Drew:

1) His arm: one of the best in the NFL regarding overall strength and accuracy. Yes, accuracy. Drew's ball generally goes where he wants it too. It's the decision making process that becomes subject when he's pressured.

2) Intelligence: This is where the good Offensive Coordinator and perhaps even a QB Coach would make a world of difference. Drew is able to break down defenses initially. He runs into problems when he has to adjust to the defensive adjustments. A good staff could help him to adjust when necessary.

3) Leadership: The players seem to love the guy. I'm certainly not going to try and convince them otherwise. Absolutely an asset to the offense.

mybills
12-22-2002, 04:24 PM
I can't blame the coaching as much. I can't see them telling Drew to throw to JUST Price. Meaning, if Drew wants Price as his initial receiver, he'll wait till he gets open. It doesn't seem to matter to Drew, that Moulds was also open and uncovered, or that he could just as easily get the 1st down by tossing it to an unovered Henry near the side. I'm pretty sure that when the coaches call running plays and passing plays, they don't limit the passing to one player.

Cripe, you can get driving directions from anyone, but you've got to know your NSEW!!!! :rolleyes:

Throne Logic
12-22-2002, 05:26 PM
Actually, the major difference in this offensive philosophy is the way the reads work. Plays and patterns are similar to many other offenses. Drew's reads generally START with the long ball option, then work backwards. This is why he gets sacked, 'cuz it takes time for the deep routes to get there. Today, there was absolutely NO REASON why Travis Henry wasn't used on the Flat Patterns and in Screen Passes. This is poor Offensive game planning.

mybills
12-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Actually, the major difference in this offensive philosophy is the way the reads work. Plays and patterns are similar to many other offenses. Drew's reads generally START with the long ball option, then work backwards. This is why he gets sacked, 'cuz it takes time for the deep routes to get there.

That's like saying Moulds is slower than Moss and Price is slower than Rice.

Sorry. There's no excuse for Mr. Tunnel vision.

Tatonka
12-22-2002, 05:51 PM
henry got 20 carries.. i dont think the playcalling was horrible. drew was horrible.

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 05:55 PM
I think the WCO would've been good for us today. :D We were doing fine with the short passes. I don't know why we didn't use our TE's or Centers or Henry as a passing option ( the only time we did that , it was a gain).

I don't think Gilbride is capable of making gametime adjustments when needed.

Andrea1234
12-22-2002, 06:10 PM
ok wait a min here why only blame drew the whole O line sucked today the only good thing about the game was that the d played great though out the game yes drew fumbled got int yes he hled the ball to long but its not just drew its the whole off line, what is with this drew being traded was a bad choice? i think drew is a great QB hell last yr we where 3-13 we are 7-8 now thats a big imporement from last year

DIHARD2
12-22-2002, 06:36 PM
Here are Green Bay's stats for the year. On turnovers, if you look they got 36 to the good as compared to their opponents which were 24. (they are marked with a*****)

They threw 13 interceptions , and teams against them threw 22 interceptions.

So what happened with our offense getting beat up by this defense on turnovers, guess what, (((we are not the only ones.)) They have the best record in the NFL on those situations.

Green Bay's offense did not do any better than ours, except for two plays. If you look at today's stats they were really even, it was a, total defensive game.

And our defense consist of nobody's, but yet we were in the whole game with the team that went 12/3 this year.

We have nothing to be ashamed of. Don't forget ,this is the first year our offense has ever played together, and we were playing against a team whose offense has been together for three and more years.

I can't understand why anyone here cannot understand, that we lost to a team that chances are will be in the Super Bowl if not win it. Get a life guys!!!

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 285 255
FIRST DOWNS (Rushing-Passing-By Penalty) 83 - 176 - 26 109 - 122 - 24
THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 78/196 54/168
FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 5/10 6/16
TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 5015 4463
OFFENSE (Plays-Average Yards) 924 - 5.4 866 - 5.2
TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 1700 1826
RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards) 394 - 4.3 360 - 5.1
TOTAL PASSING YARDS 3315 2637

PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 324 - 506 - 13 - 6.91 251 - 470 - 22 - 6.04**** = interceptions.

SACKS 36 24****= stacks

FIELD GOALS 26/32 16/21
TOUCHDOWNS 42 34
(Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive) 12 - 26 - 0 - 4 12 - 20 - 1 - 1
TIME OF POSSESSION 32:07 27:53

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Alluro
12-22-2002, 06:55 PM
As soon as Parcells signs on in Dallas, we should trade Drew to the Boys for their first rounder and build through the draft.

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 06:59 PM
This is becoming the thread of repetition ... Alluro, I think the Boys are gonna give Hutchinson or Carter at least one more year before going out and trying to get a QB ... its the same reason they didn't go for him this year when they had the chance. Remember, regardless of who coaches them, JJ calls the shots.

Alluro
12-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Parcells just said this morning on countdown, that you win in this league with veterans at the QB position. Bledsoe would be the perfect veteran for him since he drafted #1 overall coming out of college. He is Parcells guy so to speak

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Its still Jones' team ... his ego was too big to give Johnson full control, I don't think he'll let Parcells have it. I'm not saying Parcells wouldn't want him, just that as long as JJ is the owner, he's going to call the shots, and its too early for him to say he screwed up on Carter/Hutchinson

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 08:05 PM
Everybody knew when we picked up Bledsoe he wasn't a mobile QB like Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb. Bledsoe needs a solid line to protect him so he can check off his reads and find an open receiver.

Every game that opposing teams have put a lot of pressure on our line and we allow blitzers to get through, Drew's passing performance has suffered (duhh!!). That shouldn't surprise anybody at all. Our lack of a solid O-line is a huge part in Drew's poor play. Just look at Henry's numbers today. They were lousy as well.

I think that is why Belichek traded Drew away. He knew the one weakness that he could exploit when he played us and he wasn't worried. We need to work on better blitz pick-up and find a way to solidify our line. Once that happens, Drew will put up the staggering numbers he was early in the season.

Bert102176
12-22-2002, 08:13 PM
what this team needs is a mobile QB though, the day of the QB's that aren't mobile will not do as well as in the old days.

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 08:20 PM
what this team needs is a mobile QB though, the day of the QB's that aren't mobile will not do as well as in the old days.

Bring back Flutie? :jk:
:lol:

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 08:22 PM

I can't think of a single Super Bowl champion that didn't have a pocket passer.

And mobile QB's have been around (admittedly in lesser #'s) for many years, so if they were that effective, I'd think one would have one a Super Bowl by now.

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

I can't think of a single Super Bowl champion that didn't have a pocket passer.

And mobile QB's have been around (admittedly in lesser #'s) for many years, so if they were that effective, I'd think one would have one a Super Bowl by now.

Good point!!!

Mobile QB's hide weaknesses in O-lines and even help cover up poor running backs.

If a team plays sound fundamental football with a solid line, it will win more games with a pocket passer than a QB that runs around like crazy.

TedMock
12-23-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

I dont think anybody is....Everybody is blaming him for the 2 INTs and Fumbles he commited that costed you not only the game but the season as well.....:deadhorse

One of the picks went off a Buffalo player. 2 sacks were definately his fault but 4 weren't. He did suck today though and the Line had their worst performance of the year. He was knocked around pretty good all game. Henry ran nowhere, Hollis missed a field goal, Moulds and Price both dropped balls. Price's was crucial. Henry's fumble came when they were driving. The entire Offense played terrible. 11 guys all having a bad game at the same time just doesn't bode well.

colin
12-23-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
As soon as Parcells signs on in Dallas, we should trade Drew to the Boys for their first rounder and build through the draft.

So the Pack should get rid of Favre too? He sucked against one of the worst Ds in the NFL.

mybills
12-23-2002, 08:37 PM
what this team needs is a mobile QB

but with an arm too.

And one that doesn't need 23 seconds each snap! :evil:

Our OL has been giving plenty of time, most of the time. What they've been worse at, is opening a hole for Henry.

No wonder they tell Drew to throw so much! :scratch:

Alluro
12-23-2002, 09:13 PM

So the Pack should get rid of Favre too? He sucked against one of the worst Ds in the NFL.

There is no comparison between bledsoe and favre. Favre is a 3 time league MVP and super bowl champion, and his career numbers dwarf bledsoe's like a colossus.