PDA

View Full Version : J.P. Gets It

BidsJr
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
He is really making it hard for me to stay "cautiously optomistic."

We all know he has the tools, but this seems like a guy that will refuse to be mediocure.

He works hard, wants to lead, wants to be great and has all of the tools including the mental game that cough.. cough ..;.. RJ didn't have.

I cannot wait for this season to start.

AND above all that, mostly he has to just give it to Willis.

This seems almost criminal. :nervous:

TigerJ
06-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I will remain cautiously optimistic. You still can't tell if all that correct attitude and physical gifts will translate to the field until you line him up across the line of scrimmage from a bunch of big, fast mean defensive players. The operative word is "optimistic" though. I'm very hopefull he'll be fine.

Marvelous
06-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I am very worried. And have been. I want him to "make it" Looking back at whatever i've seen from last year, nothing has said he will "make it":sorry:
- will just go by his ethnic & the cast around him..

Meathead
06-17-2005, 01:55 AM

Rut Roh Rorge

helmetguy
06-17-2005, 05:34 AM
I am very worried. And have been. I want him to "make it" Looking back at whatever i've seen from last year, nothing has said he will "make it":sorry:
- will just go by his ethnic & the cast around him..
His ethnic?

juice
06-17-2005, 08:04 AM
His ethnic?Don't bring race into this Darth.. we know the guy Latin.

mybills
06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I hope it's more than just giving it to Willis. I want to see some surprise attacks down field, and I don't want Willis getting pounded on "most of the time" as you put it.

ryven
06-17-2005, 09:14 AM
I am optimistic that he will be fine but if nothing else he has put more effort in to learning an training than any QB the bills have had since Jim Kelly and to me that will be an upgrade just because he is willing to correct his mistakes.

HHURRICANE
06-17-2005, 09:20 AM
I went to Jim Kelly's first game as a Bill. On one play he stumbled and fell on the ball, pushed himself off the ground with the ball in his hand and threw it in the endzone for a TD. We lost the game but I knew right there that he was the guy.
We will know after the home opener if we have something or not. The Bills getting Holcomb was a coup so I'm not that worried about QB. I am more worried about RB because we have no legitimate back-up.

TedMock
06-17-2005, 09:25 AM
I think we have to remain cautiously optimistic. He looked decent in preseason last year. Of course so do a lot of guys. In all fairness the two times he played last year, during the regular season, aren't a real good barometer. He's out most of the year with a broken leg, the first time he gets on the field is against a ravenous Patriots defense that was just beating the hell out of us at that point. He didn't stand a chance in hell. The other time against the 49ers, we were so far ahead that he did nothing but hand the ball to Shaud Williams....not one pass attempt. Maybe he got in more, but I don't recall.

At this point he's doing and saying all the right things, and obviously has the physical tools, but we have no idea how he'll respond at game time. I think cautiously optimistic is certainly the way to go.

CanaanVtBills
06-17-2005, 10:40 AM
It's great hearing all the armchair Quarterbacks giving their input.

I feel it's very safe to say that all of the training he has done is meaningless scrimmages or pre season games. Let's not get ignorant and say how can I say that. You know what I mean.
Didn't he break his leg before he had even 10 snaps?
Was it his fault?
The O Line?
That wasn't even a regualr season game

It's all about the regular season. Let's take it one game at a time. First stop the texans
Yes it seems like JP reminds many of us about Kelly, Flutie(blue collar hardnose), but he never will be a Kelly or a Flutie.
He will make his own name.

It's all about who can withstand PRESSURE. The media, fans, and all the other things before his first actual start to me isn't real pressure. His first game is the pressure cooker. Will he puke on his shoes and look like a bumbling idiot out there? What if he has a bad game? Can he hold ihis head up and go at it the next week with a great positive additude? For all we know he may be deep inside a super cocky guy with a additude of I'm going to be a winner right of the bat.
What if for some reason we lose a string of games and he is getting bashed by the media and the fans who fell off the RA rah Losman wagon like so many Buffalo Fans do.
How about of our O line falls apart and he gets smacked down with a few real head spinning sacks.

Can he stand that type of pressure.

Give me one season J.P Losman

I know what the hell do I know
I know just as much as all of you in here
I too want a damn rind so bad
I want to re live them days of WERE BAAAAACK

I just get so nervous getting hyped up and then like for example last year
POW! right in the nuts "Back To Reality"

BidsJr
06-17-2005, 10:55 AM

And you are one as well, thanks for joining!

CanaanVtBills
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
I agree Bidsjr
Honestly I wish Raplh would take a look at some of the things members have to say in here.
I think a few members belong on the Bills staff

Meathead
06-17-2005, 11:15 AM
I went to Jim Kelly's first game as a Bill. On one play he stumbled and fell on the ball, pushed himself off the ground with the ball in his hand and threw it in the endzone for a TD. We lost the game but I knew right there that he was the guy.
We will know after the home opener if we have something or not. The Bills getting Holcomb was a coup so I'm not that worried about QB. I am more worried about RB because we have no legitimate back-up.
I was at that game, too. Yeah, it was very exciting seeing somebody who obviously had great talent behind center.

But recall that even with all his USFL experience he still struggled pretty badly at times that season. Remember how he kept throwing INT after INT right across the middle of the field? It took him half a season to stop doing that. JP might be the next coming of JK and Brett Favre combined, but he definitely is going to struggle badly at times.

TedMock
06-17-2005, 11:16 AM

I feel it's very safe to say that all of the training he has done is meaningless scrimmages or pre season games. Let's not get ignorant and say how can I say that. You know what I mean.
Didn't he break his leg before he had even 10 snaps?
Was it his fault?
The O Line?
That wasn't even a regualr season game

It's all about the regular season. Let's take it one game at a time. First stop the texans
Yes it seems like JP reminds many of us about Kelly, Flutie(blue collar hardnose), but he never will be a Kelly or a Flutie.
He will make his own name.

It's all about who can withstand PRESSURE. The media, fans, and all the other things before his first actual start to me isn't real pressure. His first game is the pressure cooker. Will he puke on his shoes and look like a bumbling idiot out there? What if he has a bad game? Can he hold ihis head up and go at it the next week with a great positive additude? For all we know he may be deep inside a super cocky guy with a additude of I'm going to be a winner right of the bat.
What if for some reason we lose a string of games and he is getting bashed by the media and the fans who fell off the RA rah Losman wagon like so many Buffalo Fans do.
How about of our O line falls apart and he gets smacked down with a few real head spinning sacks.

Can he stand that type of pressure.

Give me one season J.P Losman

I know what the hell do I know
I know just as much as all of you in here
I too want a damn rind so bad
I want to re live them days of WERE BAAAAACK

I just get so nervous getting hyped up and then like for example last year
POW! right in the nuts "Back To Reality"

So you're cautiously optimistic like the rest of us. None of us feel that he's a sure-fire star, or a sure bust. It sounds like every poster in this thread is on the same page. That's a refreshing change of pace!

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 12:18 PM

We all know he has the tools, but this seems like a guy that will refuse to be mediocure.

He works hard, wants to lead, wants to be great and has all of the tools including the mental game that cough.. cough ..;.. RJ didn't have.

Criminal??? That's funny!!
6-10...Maybe

Bulldog
06-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Criminal??? That's funny!!
6-10...Maybe

Not counting Buffalo's two wins against the Dolphins, are you saying they will only win four other games?

Drive 4 Five
06-17-2005, 12:45 PM

I share the same enthusiasm about Losman. Only time will tell what kind of QB he will be but if the worst label people can pin on him is "inexperienced" well that's cool with me. Bledsoe has tons more experience but there he was consistently making absolutely idiotic mistakes. So as far as I am concerned, Losman is an upgrade at the QB position.

One thing you can be sure of is that Mularkey and Wyche know a hell of alot more about QB's than any of us here, and they are psyched.

I am very excited about what J.P. Losman is going to bring to the table.

BuffaloRanger
06-17-2005, 12:49 PM
CanaanVtBills - what does T-4 mean? Is that your son's nickname?

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Not counting Buffalo's two wins against the Dolphins, are you saying they will only win four other games?
How do you know I'm a Dolphin fan?
And, no I think Dolphins will sweep the Bills. They'll beat the Jets once and win five non divisional games....remember I said "Maybe 6-10" most likely 4-5 wins.
You have a rookie QB, I wouldn't expect too much.

Philagape
06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
If JP's a rookie, then he's the best-prepared rookie EVER. Other rookies don't get two training camps and a full offseason.

BidsJr
06-17-2005, 01:33 PM

You know what? I'm not sure.

kbeath
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
And, no I think Dolphins will sweep the Bills. They'll beat the Jets once and win five non divisional games....remember I said "Maybe 6-10" most likely 4-5 wins.
Come on man, I hope you arent a dolphins fan because a fin fan knows if buffalo won 1 against the jets and 4 non conference games that equals 5 which would mean that they woulda have to have got swept by Miami.

BidsJr
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
And, no I think Dolphins will sweep the Bills.

Oh wait..... THat's it.

BidsJr
06-17-2005, 01:35 PM
If JP's a rookie, then he's the best-prepared rookie EVER. Other rookies don't get two training camps and a full offseason.

You are correct, this years rookie crop still isn't even signed to a contract yet.

And they have not had a training camp.

Bulldog
06-17-2005, 01:40 PM

I don't know, maybe your handle gave it away. I know how the Miami fans like to cling to that 17-0 season due to the fact that the current Dolphins suck! And maybe the fact that you just stated that Miami will sweep the Bills this year. Only a blind homer such as yourself or feelthestain would predict that. The funny part is that our supposed "rookie" QB already has more field awareness that those two clowns in Miami(AJ & Gus) have combined. Maybe you should change your handle to four&twelve, because that's where Miami is headed again this year.

im4bflo
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Every article I read about JP, makes me more excited to see him play every day. I just read that he doesn't want to take a break with the rest of the guys, he wants to keep on working!
JP LOSMAN you are the MAN!
I'm behind him 1000%
JPD! JPD! JPD!

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't know, maybe your handle gave it away. I know how the Miami fans like to cling to that 17-0 season due to the fact that the current Dolphins suck! And maybe the fact that you just stated that Miami will sweep the Bills this year. Only a blind homer such as yourself or feelthestain would predict that. The funny part is that our supposed "rookie" QB already has more field awareness that those two clowns in Miami(AJ & Gus) have combined. Maybe you should change your handle to four&twelve, because that's where Miami is headed again this year.
Uhh, clinging on to a 17 and 0 season is what NO other fan can do, unless you're a Dolphin fan. I also sense some pain on this board. Which being a Bills fan is understandable. Never hoisted a Lombardi must be pretty hard to take.
Also, if you think that our current Dolphin team sucks, you are sorely mistaken.
Even without Ricky, we will have a very strong offense and our Defense is going to be much improved. We got rid of what sucked from our team, it's called Dave Wandstat (I don't care how he spells his name)

I'm not going to come on here and talk total smack...I do like JP, I just don't think you should expect too much out of him this year. A year or two from now, he'll be a great player for you guys.

mysticsoto
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Uhh, clinging on to a 17 and 0 season is what NO other fan can do, unless you're a Dolphin fan. I also sense some pain on this board. Which being a Bills fan is understandable. Never hoisted a Lombardi must be pretty hard to take.
Also, if you think that our current Dolphin team sucks, you are sorely mistaken.
Even without Ricky, we will have a very strong offense and our Defense is going to be much improved. We got rid of what sucked from our team, it's called Dave Wandstat (I don't care how he spells his name)

I'm not going to come on here and talk total smack...I do like JP, I just don't think you should expect too much out of him this year. A year or two from now, he'll be a great player for you guys.
Interesting...the way you talk about JP is what I think of Feeley - you guys are really expecting too much from him and he hasn't shown anything worthy yet. Last I recall, Fiedler was playing better than him - and if it weren't b'cse Fiedler is due alot of money and so had to be cut, there'd probably be a QB controversy right now. I guess there still is since Gus (someone who hasn't started in 8 years) is going to give Feeley some competition. Philly made out like a bandit on that trade. Much like we did with Peerless. :)

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Interesting...the way you talk about JP is what I think of Feeley - you guys are really expecting too much from him and he hasn't shown anything worthy yet. Last I recall, Fiedler was playing better than him - and if it weren't b'cse Fiedler is due alot of money and so had to be cut, there'd probably be a QB controversy right now. I guess there still is since Gus (someone who hasn't started in 8 years) is going to give Feeley some competition. Philly made out like a bandit on that trade. Much like we did with Peerless. :)
The main difference is that Feeley played most of last year and progressively got better. This was with zero running game and no offensive line. So, no it's not like JP at all. Feeley has this year/training camp to get the job done. Also, Ferotte is a good QB, he's just been behind Culpepper for a while. And when he played, he played very well. Scott Linehan (Ex Minnesota O Coordinator) is now the Dolphins O-Coordinator and was the one who pushed to pick up Ferrotte. So he obviously thinks highly of him.
The jury is still out on our Feeley trade and it's something that we had to do. We couldn't wait. Also, we had a lame duck head coach and a new O coordinator with zero experience.
Are we expecting more from Feeley? Absolutely!
Are you expecting too much from Losman? Absolutely!
In essense, your expecting to have a better year than last year. Right? So you think a first year QB is going to win 10 or more games??? Ricky is that you??

sdbillsfan2
06-17-2005, 04:23 PM
I've seen alot of talk about J.P. being a virtual rookie . Maybe he is !But will someone please tell me how you can't be anything but excited about a guy who comes in early to prepare ! The guy seems to being doing all the right things.First off, he's busting his butt trying to gain the respect of his teammates. At this point we all know he's gain the respect of the coaching staff.
I think what get's me most excited for the season to begin is ,that he has heart and a real desire to win and succeed. Confidence ? hell yes ! But didn't all the better qb's in this league have it too ! Heart and confidence CANNOT be taught. The boy has skills and it's only a matter of time until he busts out big time !
I've seen alot of qb's in my time ,and let me tell ya, only a select few posess all the intangibles the guy has !
Will he be an instant sucess ? I doubt it ! But he will definitly earn more respect then any Bills QB has since Kelly wore a Bills uni !
I think he's not only an upgrade already ,but will make every one better on the team with his drive and determination .

Seventeen&0
06-17-2005, 04:29 PM
J.T with the INT for the TD...see ya JP

im4bflo
06-17-2005, 07:06 PM
You fish are living in a fishbowl of dreams, but you'll be drowning as usual.
Feely sucks already, and Frerotte is a backup at best, we've seen this already, you fish are worried about JP, you're praaaaaayyyyiiinnggggg that he's not as good as he's supposed to be, but he is!
Another QB in Buffalo is coming to make your dreams disappear, and you're afraid to admit it, FEELY?! c'mon now! :lmao:
JP is for real, dream on fish!
:squish:

Drive 4 Five
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM

I cannot believe you guys have the audacity to talk smack when you do not even have an established starter going into training camp and your best options are A.J Fiddly, Pee-Pee, or whatever the heck his name is and some moron who likes to run into goal posts. J.P. has something that neither of those dolts down in Miami have and that is potenital.

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-17-2005, 10:02 PM
The Eagles got the deal of the century when they landed a 2nd Rounder for AJ FeelMe. They were able to draft Reggie Brown this year as a result. Time will tell whether or not it was a good deal, but at this point, it's hard to conceive that this transaction will be a failure for Philly. Spielman was just a regular genius.
How did the Eagles get the 3rd pick in the 2nd round for AJ FEELME? And the Bills can't unload a pro-bowl running back for anything less than a 4th?

CanaanVtBills
06-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Buffalo Ranger

T-4 is a nickname my father gave him considering the fact that he is a fourth generation Thomas

jason700
06-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I am God

colin
06-20-2005, 04:54 AM
even tho it is the most important position on the team and fans love to cheer for a hero QB, the QB is still just one position.

JP has talent and can make plays with his legs, we have a quick decision run heavy O, so we don't need JP to do what we asked Bledsoe to do. if he is hurt or not up to speed, Holcolmb is a good back up who can do at least what we got out of drew last year in our weapon heavy O.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Exactly what I've been saying to those who constantly refer to him as a "rookie." He is so far ahead of an actual rookie that the reference is ludicrous.

kbeath
06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Why does everyone think this kid is going to make plays with his feet? He wont he may do some roll outs but they will not run him he will get crushed!!! He is not a big guy and name one small running qb?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
hmmmmmm Doug Flutie, Jeff Blake, Drew Brees. I think mobile QB, not running QB. I don't think there really is a running QB other than Vick.

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Why does everyone think this kid is going to make plays with his feet? He wont he may do some roll outs but they will not run him he will get crushed!!! He is not a big guy and name one small running qb?
I think the idea is to have him roll out at times - maybe behind CV and MW and then throw (away from the LT area?), and not necessarily that he's going to be doing QB sneaks. B'cse he's fast, he can also roll out and go out of bounds after he picks up 5-6 yards or so. He just has to make sure he slides and watch out for cheap players that hit you regardless of whether you slide or not. But JP is not just working the playbook, he's also working out, running every day, lifting weights, etc. I don't think he's necessarily going to be as fragile as some people think...

kbeath
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
hmmmmmm Doug Flutie, Jeff Blake, Drew Brees. I think mobile QB, not running QB. I don't think there really is a running QB other than Vick. You have one solid starter and he was good for all of one season!

TedMock
06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Vick is just a freak. There is no running QB but him. He's only 6'0, 215lbs. Steve Young was cut from this mold although not to the same extent, and he was only 6'2", 215lbs. I don't believe that listing, though. I've also seen him listed at 6'0".

Guys like Favre (6'2", 224 lbs) and Gannon (6'3", 210 lbs.) made good livings as mobile QB's. Favre obviously doesn't move quite like he use to, but none the less he was known for pocket mobility and a strong arm. None of these guys are big in football terms, but they're certainly not small.

J.P. Losman is 6'2", 217 lbs. He falls right in the same range as all these guys. He's not big, but I wouldn't say he's a small guy either.

Seventeen&0
06-21-2005, 05:09 PM
I cannot believe you guys have the audacity to talk smack when you do not even have an established starter going into training camp and your best options are A.J Fiddly, Pee-Pee, or whatever the heck his name is and some moron who likes to run into goal posts. J.P. has something that neither of those dolts down in Miami have and that is potenital.
Dude, you obviously haven't been reading my other posts. I like JP. I think he's going to be a good one. But it's going to take some time. Some Bills fans on this list think you're going to have a better season than last year. He's not going to win 10 games as a first year starter.
Also, jury is still out on Fiddly.
But we do actually have a good group of players from Chambers, Boston, Ronnie Brown, Lamar Gordon, and our Defense will be better this year than last. So as far as talking smack, ya I am a little, but like I've said before, I'll come back on here and eat crow if we suck. I just don't think we will, even with Fiddly.

Bulldog
06-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Dude, you obviously haven't been reading my other posts. I like JP. I think he's going to be a good one. But it's going to take some time. Some Bills fans on this list think you're going to have a better season than last year. He's not going to win 10 games as a first year starter.
But we do actually have a good group of players from Chambers, Boston, Ronnie Brown, Lamar Gordon, and our Defense will be better this year than last. So as far as talking smack, ya I am a little, but like I've said before, I'll come back on here and eat crow if we suck. I just don't think we will, even with Fiddly.

No to talk smack, but hasn't Miami given up on Boston yet?

bernielivsey_1
06-21-2005, 06:42 PM
:blowup: I wish for this speculation blitz to end til training camp. :respect:

mysticsoto
06-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Glad you like JP, buddy. I think he has a lot of potential. Now, about him winning 10 games as a starter...maybe, maybe not...but you have to look at what he's going to be asked to do for the team. Most of the time it's going to be...pass the ball to Willis! And when it does come time to pass, he now has an extra speedy weapon in Parrish. Plus, he won't be like DB..."Oh...wow...look at Moulds run. He has such good form. Look at those long strides he takes. Wow! He's a good athlete..." <thunk> blindsided by a DE or LB. I really didn't feel alot was asked of Drew last year. Mularkey even admitted that he had to limit the playbook for him. With JP it'll be a different story, and the more he learns, the more plays will be added, and the more diverse and electrifying this offense will be. Defenses won't know what to expect...

kbeath
06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Vick is just a freak. There is no running QB but him. He's only 6'0, 215lbs. Steve Young was cut from this mold although not to the same extent, and he was only 6'2", 215lbs. I don't believe that listing, though. I've also seen him listed at 6'0".

Guys like Favre (6'2", 224 lbs) and Gannon (6'3", 210 lbs.) made good livings as mobile QB's. Favre obviously doesn't move quite like he use to, but none the less he was known for pocket mobility and a strong arm. None of these guys are big in football terms, but they're certainly not small.

J.P. Losman is 6'2", 217 lbs. He falls right in the same range as all these guys. He's not big, but I wouldn't say he's a small guy either.
His size is exaggerated I THINK he looks so freakin skinny. Favre and Gannon are pocket passers. Maybe not statues but if they are considered mobile so is every other qb except for Peyton! I hope JP turns out to be good I just am not sure about all this running and scrambling I have been hearing about.

justasportsfan
06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
If JP's a rookie, then he's the best-prepared rookie EVER. Other rookies don't get two training camps and a full offseason.Brady

Seventeen&0
06-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Glad you like JP, buddy. I think he has a lot of potential. Now, about him winning 10 games as a starter...maybe, maybe not...but you have to look at what he's going to be asked to do for the team. Most of the time it's going to be...pass the ball to Willis! And when it does come time to pass, he now has an extra speedy weapon in Parrish. Plus, he won't be like DB..."Oh...wow...look at Moulds run. He has such good form. Look at those long strides he takes. Wow! He's a good athlete..." <THUNK>blindsided by a DE or LB. I really didn't feel alot was asked of Drew last year. Mularkey even admitted that he had to limit the playbook for him. With JP it'll be a different story, and the more he learns, the more plays will be added, and the more diverse and electrifying this offense will be. Defenses won't know what to expect...
Your making it sound sooo easy. He's going to struggle. They all do. He's going to see stuff he's never seen before. Not to mention the speed is much faster than he's used to.
Go ahead and get your hopes up though.

TedMock
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Favre and Gannon are pocket passers. Maybe not statues but if they are considered mobile so is every other qb except for Peyton! I hope JP turns out to be good I just am not sure about all this running and scrambling I have been hearing about.

That's just it. Favre and Gannon are KNOWN for their mobility. Most QB's are not. Brady, Manning, etc. J.P. is cut from this mold much more than from the Vick mold. Favre and Gannon can run, but more importantly, they scramble very well. Gannon was a running QB early in his career, and Favre was always willing to tuck the ball down and take off. Not so much anymore since he's older. I don't think we want Losman to run (although he can), but more to scramble and buy time like the guys mentioned.

kbeath
06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Favre and Gannon known for there mobility. I really just disagree.

TedMock
06-22-2005, 01:12 PM
It's not just my opinion, it is what it is. Of course, Favre isn't what he was, but he was a very mobile QB, and often recognized for that. Gannon even more so.

"Gannon’s strengths have always been mobility and very good accuracy in the shorter balls..."
http://www.footballproject.com/story.php?storyid=182

"And that spells trouble for Gannon, who is very adept at coming up with the big play because of his mobility. Gannon often has been able to bye time with his feet and turn 3rd-and-longs into first downs. He’s rushed 269 yards on 54 carries (5.0-yard average)."
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/daily_111700.asp

"Gannon makes up the difference with accuracy, mobility, execution"
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20021226/447344-p.html

Favre’s abilities — he’s mobile, fearless and has a howitzer for a right arm — have led to an evolution of the West Coat offense Holmgren first brought to Green Bay from San Francisco.
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_1999/daily_082499.asp

The Lions will face a similar challenge this week in the form of another mobile star quarterback, Brett Favre.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20041017_GB@DET

mysticsoto
06-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Your making it sound sooo easy. He's going to struggle. They all do. He's going to see stuff he's never seen before. Not to mention the speed is much faster than he's used to.
Go ahead and get your hopes up though. You mean he's going to see things that Feeley is going to see? Or any other QB?

What surprises me is that some Dolphin fans can't give JP any credit for what he's done. He's been here since February working on learning the playbook, understanding defenses, working out...I mean, what else can the kid do at this point??? He's doing everything he can to try and prepare himself both mentally and physically. But fin fans just dismiss it all. Would you rather he be like Rob Johnson was and just go home to Venice, California and just hit the waves, man. Go surfing with his buddies, man. Would he get more credit in your book then?

If it makes me a homer to see JP putting all this time and effort into trying to be a success, and giving him credit for it then so be it. But I, for one, will give him credit in that he's trying his best to be a success at a point where most other players are relaxing and vacationing. What the hell has Feeley been up to since February? Has he been working with Linehan and Saban to learn how they do things and what they expect of him? Has he even been in Miami working out ? Obviously, from the reports of your OTA events, he didn't do much at all over this time and that's why his throws are off target and slow...

You can slam JP all you want for his inexperience, but you can't slam him on motivation and drive. I, however, can slam Feeley for motivation, drive and inexperience. He may have 1 season, but it was a crappy season and he didn't do well at all. And now he has a new OC and HC - time to start over again and learn what these guys want him to do.

I think the fact that Saban hasn't named a QB starter yet speaks volumes for what he thinks of Feeley!

ublinkwescore
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM

So why would it not be possible for him to win 8, our defense win 2, and our special teams be the difference in a game or two?

Bulldog
06-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Go ahead and get your hopes up though.

And if somebody would have told you that the Steelers were going to go 15-1 with Big Ben at the helm, you would have scoffed at them too. I'm not saying that Losman is going to replicate what Ben & the Steelers were able to accomplish, but I don't think 10 or 11 wins is out of the question. Buffalo has emerging offensive stars in McGahee and Evans to compliment the vetern Moulds. The defense will be solid, as they have been for the past several years, even minus Pat Williams. And I think the special teams have a chance to improve with the addition of Parrish as a return man. Buffalo's passing offense ranked 26th in the NFL last year, and I for one don't think it's asking too much of Losman to improve on that number. Buffalo wants to pound the ball and will occasionally ask Losman to hit a play down the field to keep the opposing defenses honest. It's not like their telling him he needs to put the team on his back and win games on the strength of his right arm. Time will tell, but I for one think Losman will be up to the task!

Philagape
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Brady

Exactly, Brady was a "rookie" in the same sense JP is

Seventeen&0
06-22-2005, 02:17 PM
You mean he's going to see things that Feeley is going to see? Or any other QB?

What surprises me is that some Dolphin fans can't give JP any credit for what he's done. He's been here since February working on learning the playbook, understanding defenses, working out...I mean, what else can the kid do at this point??? He's doing everything he can to try and prepare himself both mentally and physically. But fin fans just dismiss it all. Would you rather he be like Rob Johnson was and just go home to Venice, California and just hit the waves, man. Go surfing with his buddies, man. Would he get more credit in your book then?

If it makes me a homer to see JP putting all this time and effort into trying to be a success, and giving him credit for it then so be it. But I, for one, will give him credit in that he's trying his best to be a success at a point where most other players are relaxing and vacationing. What the hell has Feeley been up to since February? Has he been working with Linehan and Saban to learn how they do things and what they expect of him? Has he even been in Miami working out ? Obviously, from the reports of your OTA events, he didn't do much at all over this time and that's why his throws are off target and slow...

You can slam JP all you want for his inexperience, but you can't slam him on motivation and drive. I, however, can slam Feeley for motivation, drive and inexperience. He may have 1 season, but it was a crappy season and he didn't do well at all. And now he has a new OC and HC - time to start over again and learn what these guys want him to do.

I think the fact that Saban hasn't named a QB starter yet speaks volumes for what he thinks of Feeley!
Saban not naming a starter yet doesn't mean that much to me right now. I disagree with Feeley not having drive or motivation. I agree with the inexperienced part, but the guy has a lot of guts. He really won over a lot of his team mates last year because of his drive, toughness and determination. Linehan really likes Feeley's progress so far and they are giving him time to learn the system. Ferotte is coming in with the distinct advantage with knowing the system and they want to be able to make a fair judgement before they name a starter.

As far as Losman, I've never slammed him at all. I've only said that it's going to take time for him to get comfortable. Sure he's doing all the right things, but so did Payton Manning and he really struggled his first year.

Seventeen&0
06-22-2005, 02:29 PM
And if somebody would have told you that the Steelers were going to go 15-1 with Big Ben at the helm, you would have scoffed at them too. I'm not saying that Losman is going to replicate what Ben & the Steelers were able to accomplish, but I don't think 10 or 11 wins is out of the question. Buffalo has emerging offensive stars in McGahee and Evans to compliment the vetern Moulds. The defense will be solid, as they have been for the past several years, even minus Pat Williams. And I think the special teams have a chance to improve with the addition of Parrish as a return man. Buffalo's passing offense ranked 26th in the NFL last year, and I for one don't think it's asking too much of Losman to improve on that number. Buffalo wants to pound the ball and will occasionally ask Losman to hit a play down the field to keep the opposing defenses honest. It's not like their telling him he needs to put the team on his back and win games on the strength of his right arm. Time will tell, but I for one think Losman will be up to the task!

Ya, Rothenburegerer (however he spells his name) was unconcious last year.
We'll see about JP...i've been saying that I think he'll be a good one, just gonna take some time.
I just don't know how much of an improvement one reciever is going to make along with a first year QB, pretty scary.

Bulldog
06-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I just don't know how much of an improvement one reciever is going to make along with a first year QB, pretty scary.

Are you referring to Parrish? I would expect Parrish to make most of his contributions on special teams, at least during his rookie year. Mounlds and Evans are better than average at the WR position. And of course there's still Reed, who to this point, has been a major disappointment at best. I would imagine that he and Parrish will split time as the #3 WR.

Seventeen&0
06-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Are you referring to Parrish? I would expect Parrish to make most of his contributions on special teams, at least during his rookie year. Mounlds and Evans are better than average at the WR position. And of course there's still Reed, who to this point, has been a major disappointment at best. I would imagine that he and Parrish will split time as the #3 WR.
Ya, I was referring to Parrish.
So, I really don't see where the big improvement is?
Is JP going to be that much better than Blesoe? This year?
Maybe down the road, but I dunno.

mysticsoto
06-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Ya, I was referring to Parrish.
Is JP going to be that much better than Blesoe? This year?
Maybe down the road, but I dunno.
If he has even a slight ounce of pocket presence, he will be a major improvement over Bledsoe. Did you see the specials on TV they showed about Brady? Brady isn't really fast or anything. But he has GREAT pocket presence. He knows when to step up, when to take a step to the side to let the O-line/blockers handle who is coming, etc. Bledsoe had absolutely no pocket presence whatsoever. And like people have said, he would lock onto a target (usually Moulds) and not have "peripheral vision" for anything else including defenders coming straight at him!!!

Am I asking JP to save the team and do unimaginable things in his 1st year? No way. What I am asking of him is to stay alive long enough for someone to open up or even for him to take it for a few. That is something Bledsoe couldn't do period! And I think that knowing the plays and what *everyone* is supposed to be doing, as well as getting better at reading defenses will go a long way toward helping that goal. The fact that he's working on that side of things makes me ecstatic and happy. I couldn't ask him to do any more...

Bulldog
06-22-2005, 03:16 PM

Willis is another year removed from his injury and should be stronger and faster than before. Buffalo was 7-2 with Willis starting last year.

Year two for Evans. I would hope that he's able to improve on his rookie numbers.

Losman, while he's not the veteran that Bledsoe was, will allow Buffalo to open up the playbook more than ever. Mularky himself has stated that the playbook was very limited last year as a result of Bledsoe being immobile. And like I stated earlier, Buffalo was ranked 26th in passing offense last year.

With regards to Parrish, Buffalo won't rely on him for major production. But what he does provide is blazing speed to help stretch the field and allow Moulds and Evans to do their thing.

My biggest concern is the TE position. With both Campbell and Euhus recovering from torn knee ligaments, the position is a real question mark heading into the season. Reports are that both are on time to be ready for the start of training camp. I just hope one or the other is ready for the start of training camp. I think it's going to be very important due to the fact that Losman is young and needs that safety valve to dump off to should he face pressure.

Seventeen&0
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Willis is another year removed from his injury and should be stronger and faster than before. Buffalo was 7-2 with Willis starting last year.

Year two for Evans. I would hope that he's able to improve on his rookie numbers.

Losman, while he's not the veteran that Bledsoe was, will allow Buffalo to open up the playbook more than ever. Mularky himself has stated that the playbook was very limited last year as a result of Bledsoe being immobile. And like I stated earlier, Buffalo was ranked 26th in passing offense last year.

With regards to Parrish, Buffalo won't rely on him for major production. But what he does provide is blazing speed to help stretch the field and allow Moulds and Evans to do their thing.

My biggest concern is the TE position. With both Campbell and Euhus recovering from torn knee ligaments, the position is a real question mark heading into the season. Reports are that both are on time to be ready for the start of training camp. I just hope one or the other is ready for the start of training camp. I think it's going to be very important due to the fact that Losman is young and needs that safety valve to dump off to should he face pressure.
It sucks A$$ to have to agree with you, but you make some valid points. Obviously, being a Dolphin fan I keep in close contact with what the Fins are doing and I have to say that the fricken AFC East is going to be a monster of a division next year.

BTW, yes I did see that on Brady. The guy's a stud and i hate 'em. Wish he was a fin.

Also, looks like Trixy showed up in Miami last night. Maybe he is coming back afterall??

MDFINFAN
06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I was at that game, too. Yeah, it was very exciting seeing somebody who obviously had great talent behind center.

But recall that even with all his USFL experience he still struggled pretty badly at times that season. Remember how he kept throwing INT after INT right across the middle of the field? It took him half a season to stop doing that. JP might be the next coming of JK and Brett Favre combined, but he definitely is going to struggle badly at times.

Thanks Meathead, you just set my mind at ease about AJ..I remember that season of Kelly's..I kept thinking if he doesn't get better than that, the phins won't have to worry about him. But we know the rest of the story. AJ has a lot of those same qualities..

im4bflo
06-22-2005, 05:54 PM
feely :squish: JP LOSMAN

MDFINFAN
06-22-2005, 05:58 PM
feely :squish: JP LOSMAN

Oh stop dreaming. Your d is more imposing than JP at this time.

im4bflo
06-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh stop dreaming. Your d is more imposing than JP at this time.
OK!
feely :squish: BILLS D