PDA

View Full Version : Big Mike ?!?!?!?!

Ð
12-22-2002, 03:08 PM
How in the hell do you let Holliday torch you for 5 sacks ? :woeisme: :shakeno:

clumping platelets
12-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Holliday beat Ruben Brown once and actually most of his sacks/pressure came from inside

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 03:11 PM
Should of picked Mckinnie in the Draft. Williams does not impress me.

ublinkwescore
12-22-2002, 03:28 PM
McKinnie is locker room cancer.

the front office made the right choice.

Dozerdog
12-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Yup,.... McKinnie would not have been torched... of course, he'd still be holding out looking for Joey Harrington Money...:rolleyes:

Drewpac
12-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Mckinnie sucks worse than big Mike. Did you see the game yesterday. Mckinnie is too slow to get into a 3-point stance so he has to stand upright at the line. It was kind of embarrassing.

Novacane
12-22-2002, 03:32 PM

You're crazy!

colin
12-22-2002, 03:33 PM

McKinnie has been destroyed like Mike was today several times. Rookie linemen don't start out great. Our entire line was horrible today.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 03:39 PM
If im not mistaking R. Brown has made the Pro-Bowl his entire career.

JayWood
12-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Last time i checked Big Mike was a ROOKIE!!!!! some of you amaze me if you actually believe that we should have taken Mckinnie. Mike has a great future in front of him and i think for a rookie has played very well this season. I agree with Colin that today was a bad day for our line

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Guys hes talking about Seth Mckinnie! Hes way better.

lordofgun
12-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Big Mike will be just fine.

BambinoSux
12-22-2002, 07:46 PM
I thought most of his sacks came from Jennings' side. At least the last two did. And one came on Ruben so Big Mike gave up two at the most.

Marcos20
12-22-2002, 07:49 PM
He has do a nice year...

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Big Mike will be a great player for us. Granted, he got schooled some this year, but he did pretty good all in all.

Next year he will be dominant with a year of experience to draw on!

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 08:10 PM
If im not mistaking R. Brown has made the Pro-Bowl his entire career.

Guard is far and away the easiest position on the line to adapt to after playing college ball.

DIHARD2
12-22-2002, 08:15 PM
When I read a comment like this, I have to question the person whose writing it, and there knowledge of football. Offensive line is not an instant gratification position like defense, and even defense on average takes two years. But offense players have to memorize many plays and learn to play differently from what they play in college. So usually it takes two, and almost three seasons before and offensive linemen start showing his worth.

McKinney is a cancer, and right now because of him thinking he's more important than the team, he's another year behind the learning curve. He is a joke.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Bert102176
12-22-2002, 08:16 PM
you are a fool if you think drafting Big Mike was wrong, the guy is gonna be great, he's a rookie crying out loud and he has played better than most veterans in the league all year.

Tatonka
12-22-2002, 08:50 PM
mckinnie got his lunch eaten by jason taylor yesterday...

mike is a rookie... get off his nuts.. bad games happen.. drew didnt help.. alot of those are coverage..errr.. lack of decision sacks that can be placed on drews shoulders as well..

and 2 were on jennings, who was playing hurt..

plus, holidays little cousin died last night on the basketball court.. he was obviously playing like a man possessed.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 08:55 PM
Wow you guys don't like Mckinne. Should I refresh some peoples memories about who they wanted to draft?

Almost everyone wanted JH or BM, very few people wanted MW.

Ð
12-22-2002, 09:01 PM
I would have taken Harrington in a heartbeat...

oh, sorry ;)

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Who wanted McKinnie? I don't think there were hardly any people here that wanted him. His stock fell like crazy before the draft. It was a toss up between Harrington and Williams with most people leaning towards Harrington. The choice was made easy once the Lions picked Harrington.

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 09:04 PM
McKinnie's stock dropped when he pretty much came right out and said he didn't want to play here. That all but took him off Donahoe's list.

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 09:06 PM
I wanted McKinnie, but I had never seen MW play before and had seen a lot of McKinnie. I still think McKinnie is gonna be in the top half of LT's in the league, but MW has a shot at being one of the perennial pro bowlers.

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 09:11 PM
MW will be in the Pro-bowl next year barring injury or a total disaster of a season by us.

He already is respected by veteran players and coaches around the league!

TedMock
12-23-2002, 11:10 AM
Most people wanted MW. It was Jennings who gave up the sacks. He shouldn't have been playing on that ankle. Brown gave up one too. Holliday went up against Jennings most of the day, not Mike Williams. They wanted Williams because he's a nasty run blocker and adequate pass blocker. Mckinnie is a good pass blocker but not nearly the run blocker Williams is. Mckinnie hasn't been too superb pass blocking though seeing he held out and isn't in shape. Just what we needed, a hold out without power.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2002, 11:27 AM
This website started after the draft took place. If you go back to the other website you will see that many people wanted Mckinne.

ArcticWildMan
12-23-2002, 11:30 AM
I wanted Harrington or Williams (actually I wanted TD to trade down and grab Roy Williams, but oh well...). McKinnie insulted Buffalo and I knew TD would never pick him.

TedMock
12-23-2002, 11:34 AM
McKinnie flat out said that he didn't want to come to Buffalo. Williams said that they were his favorite team as a kid. Why would anybody want a guy who doesn't want to be here?

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
McKinnie flat out said that he didn't want to come to Buffalo. Williams said that they were his favorite team as a kid. Why would anybody want a guy who doesn't want to be here?

I remember how thrilled OJ and Jim Kelly were to be drafted by the Bills.

WG
12-23-2002, 11:38 AM
This website started after the draft took place. If you go back to the other website you will see that many people wanted Mckinne.

I gotta agree w/ TD on this one. I remember arguing vehemently that I had seen McK in several games and that he was way overhyped. Most people by a long shot were supporting McK.

In any event, MW has turned out to have been the best OL in the draft and he's played well this season and hasn't been loud. He's listened, adapted, quietly done what he's told and let his play do the talking and not acted like Price.

He'll be fine next season and he was a key pick. He may have missed some blocks, but I think it's safe to say that if we hadn't drafted him, that Bledsoe would have taken even more sacks.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I remember how thrilled OJ and Jim Kelly were to be drafted by the Bills.

Jim Kelly was so thrilled he went to the USFL to sharpen up his skills before coming to Buffalo.

I like Big Mike and McKinnie. Time well tell who the better linemen is.

ArcticWildMan
12-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Unless they move Williams to LT, it'll be like comparing apples to oranges anyway. RT and LT are different.