PDA

View Full Version : RoB Johnson was his usual today

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 03:09 PM
#11 played horrible as always. OL couldn't protect him and held on to the ball too long at times.

Dropped balls by our recievers couldn't get Rob into a rythm. Oh well. My prediction of a 9-7 season fell short. It's funny how the D towards the end of the year started getiing better and O is on it's decline. We were doing well with short passes and I don't know why Gilbride didn't go to that more often.

Since Henry couldn't run the ball and the long ball wasn't there , short passes would've been fine. I am starting to wonder if we should get rid of Gilbride instead of Gray.

Was Charlie Rodgers woth the trade for Foreman who's had an great year with the Texans?

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:16 PM
Im glad youre starting to realize Bledsoe Blows, justasportsfan.

justasportsfan
He's still better than Fiedler!

TacklingDummy
Originally posted by justasportsfan
We were doing well with short passes and I don't know why Gilbride didn't go to that more often.

Since Henry couldn't run the ball and the long ball wasn't there , short passes would've been fine. I am starting to wonder if we should get rid of Gilbride instead of Gray.

Gilbride only calls the plays. Rob is the one who decides on who he is gonna throw to. The thing I never liked about Rob is that he always goes for the deep pass.

I didn't have a opinion on the Bledsoe trade during the off season because I really didn't like him as a QB so I held off on judgement. Now that the season is over I have to say that Bledsoe sucks. I never liked him in NE and I don't like him in Buffalo. He's the Rob Johnson that doesn't get injuried.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Another wasted 1st round pick on a QB that won't pan out

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 03:20 PM
Despite everythings that's happened I'm still sticking with Drew and have great optimism going into next year with Drew at QB. The bills will be headed to the playoffs next year and will be the team to beat in the AFCE. It stinks that we have to wait for quite sometime.

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 03:21 PM
:up: justa

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Some people annointed him as the savior of the bills. Mid-season you were all yelling MVP, As the secon part of the season went on he started to decline. If you look at the entire picture he was average in his "1ST" year with a new sytem and a OL that is on it's way to getting better. Some of you gave Rob 4 chances and yet Drew has already outperformed Rob even on his first year.

Drewpac
12-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Bledsoe sucks. He will never be a winner. The guy just doesn't have it mentally. He makes rookie mistakes and he's in his 9th season. We should have sucked it up this year and started Van Pelt. Then we could have built around Byron Leftwich or Carson Palmer. Instead were stuck with the durable RJ clone for the next few years. Get used to 7-9 seasons folks, cause that's all your gonna get with #11 as the qb. I can't even stand to watch Bledsoe anymore. He's so predictable. When they're in the red zone you know either one of two things are about too happen: sack that takes us out of FG range or an interception in the endzone. Those mistakes are just unforgivable for a veteran qb. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

WCoastFin
12-22-2002, 03:43 PM
One of the smartest things Ive heard from a bills fan!..props to Drewpac.

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Was Charlie Rodgers woth the trade for Foreman who's had an great year with the Texans?

At the time of the move, I'd never thought that I'd say this, but I truly believe that this move was far and away the worst move of the offseason. Foreman played way better than either Robinson or Newman did this year and at a very low price.

I don't know if its Rogers or the blocking, but either way, the return game was nothing at all this year. More often than not, the team that makes the most big plays wins the games, and when we don't make any on D (aside from a few games) or special teams (never), it digs quite a hole.

Andrea1234
12-22-2002, 06:22 PM
what you guys seem to be forgetting here is that the OLINE sucked drew was just part of the problem dont blam the d for our lost blame the oline clear and simple

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 06:29 PM
My bad for comparing Drew to rob. Rob would've been injured after that second sack !

JefftheBillsfan
12-22-2002, 06:45 PM
thats funny, it was never the OLs fault w/RJ.

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Of course the OL wasn't the problem with RJ ... unlike him, they usually finished the games. If they kept a stat like injuries per hit, RJ would lead the league. That is why I didn't like RJ as a Bills QB, because he wasn't healthy for the last 5 minutes of more than half the games he dressed for. What's the point of having him as your starter, if your backup is going to play the most important part of more than half the games .... its been a year, why am I even writing about this right now?????

justasportsfan
12-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Now guys, who turned this into a Drew-RJ thread!

Scott
12-22-2002, 06:57 PM
I cannot believe everyone is blaming this on DB, granted he did not play a great game, but is it his fault we had no running game or the oline struggled?
One pick was his fault and it probably is a bit tough holding onto the ball when it is 10 degrees.
Farve's numbers were not that good against one of the worst defenses (ours).
I do not think Pacfans are calling for his head.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Drew Bledsoe is the Rob Johnson that stays healthy.

Alluro
12-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Trade him to Dallas for their first round pick. Bill Parcells will want his Golden Boy back to lead them to the superbowl.

Scott
12-22-2002, 07:24 PM
You people are a joke, 6 weeks ago everyone is saying "DREW FOR MVP"

He has a few bad games and now it's "TRADE HIS ASS TO DALLAS"

Henry did not play well either, should we trade him too?

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 07:28 PM
I agree Scott. I think some people on this board would complain if we had Joe Montana playing for us.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 07:32 PM
Yes I would trade Drew to Dallas or the Bengals if they wanted him.

IF another team wants to give us a top 10 pick for Henry I would trade him too.

I would also Fire GW and JG. I would not make KG the head coach. I would hire the Offensive Cord. of KC to be the Bills new head Coach.

When Wade got fired I wanted Oaklands O.C. to be hired as our HC. But we got stuck with that stiff Gregg Williams. That worked out fine for Oakland when Gruden left.

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 07:36 PM
Thank God you aren't the GM TackleDummy!!!

You can't fire all the coaches, bring in all new coaching staffs, and trade marquee players for draft picks and expect to field a competitive team.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 07:42 PM
With the O-Line the Bills have and the top 10 pick they would get for Henry, whoever the Bills drafted with that pick would be a instant 1,000 yard rusher and probably fumble the ball alot less.

Isn't the Draft loaded with good RBs?

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
With the O-Line the Bills have and the top 10 pick they would get for Henry, whoever the Bills drafted with that pick would be a instant 1,000 yard rusher and probably fumble the ball alot less.

Isn't the Draft loaded with good RBs?

No. Not really. Nothing like last year. This year is a QB year.