• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

As much as I disagree...

with a lot of calls GW made this year...You've got to be impressed with how this team does not give up. The Defense especially gave it's all today even though playoff odds were a real long shot.

Sure GW has made some ******ed calls this year, but I'd rather have a coach that blows a few calls than a coach whose players give up and don't give it their all.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

I was thinking this earlier too. Problem is he does a great job getting them to play when the chips are down how about getting them to play when we have the momentum?

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
      You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
      • Jul 2002

I've been behind GW staying here next year. Some people need to wake up and see he isn't the problem.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

That's what he's been known for is not giving up. It would be nice to be leading the entire game instead of playing catch up and not giving up.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DIHARD2
          • Sep 2002

I have been saying all year that the team does not give up with him as coach. That can be a big part of the battle. We do not have the defensive players, we knew that from the beginning of the season, but yet the defense every week has done something new and it has improved. Just think once we get a couple of big bodies upfront.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
          "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

Personally, I think that something is wrong with a coach if I don't disagree with any of the calls that he makes. If I can call the same game as he does while watching the game on tv, having seen no film at all of the opposing team, and without extensive scouting reports, then there's something wrong.

One characteristic of the Bills under GW is that they compete game in and game out ... even last year, about half of the games were pretty close and this year, we had a chance to win almost every game we played. Unfortunately, we don't have enough big-play players (none at all this year on D or special teams) to win those close games where big plays are all the difference.

Comment

• colin
              Drew's my hero!
              • Jul 2002

The D is holding it down late, I gotta say ditching them would cost us more than it would gain us.

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

I think the biggest problem with the D is the inability to consistently make big plays. More often than not, the team that makes the most big plays (gains of 30+ yards, INTs, fumble recoveries, ST TDs) wins the game. While recently our D has occasionally limited opposing offenses to making big plays, it still hasn't been able to make any on its own.
                I don't think we need to ditch the D, if we can add a LB who can force fumbles and a corner who can make other teams throw to Clements/Williams at least a few teams then maybe we'll have that big play ability, but right now we don't.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

There are a lot of positives on this team going forward for next year. The biggest issues are talent on D and offensive ideology.

Everyone expects Drew to do it all when he's not suited for that role. It's either Drew sucks or he's the bomb! The fact of the matter is that he's inbetween. Once Gilbride/Williams figure that out the offense may right itself.

LOG is right though, the D's been playing very, very well lately and it surely hasn't given up. I think to dismiss Gray now is a mistake. He has earned a shot at next year at least.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

We'll see how this D performs against the Bengals before we start giving Gray's grade for the year.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      We'll see how this D performs against the Bengals before we start giving Gray's grade for the year.
                      Ture, but it would take a pure crap game for me to think he needs to go.

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Personally I don't think that any performances in the final game should make a difference when evaluating this team.

If the Bills get 8 sacks, 4 INTs, and 2 fumble recoveries, I'll still think they need more playmakers on D, because they never did it all season long. I think its more important how they played when the playoffs were within reach then how they played when they are out of contention. Sports are filled with players/coaches who can't perform when it counts, but as soon as the pressure is off, they excel.

I say this with the qualification that I am assuming everyone puts in a solid 100% effort - if they don't show up to play, which has not been a problem with this team the last 2 years, then by all means they should be judged ... I just don't think the products of their effort should be judged.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin

Ture, but it would take a pure crap game for me to think he needs to go.
                          How about a bills loss to the Bengals a good enough reason? I don't think the O will play this bad against the Bengals. However if the Bengals O keep scoring on us.....

You know we played a great team. Although we shot our foot quite a few times enough to lose the game but honestly, Farve and co. hasn't lost a game under 34 degrees and hasn't lost at home for quite sometime, why should we be any different from the other teams? The bills were not expected to be anything special this year.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

That was the gutsiest defensive performance by the Bills I have seen in years!

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

The ball must have been like a rock out there today.

Comment

Working...
                              X