PDA

View Full Version : Wondering something my bills brothern...

elltrain22
06-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Everyday I gotta here about Blew Deadsoe at work (I work w/ half Cowboys fans, and the other half are haters). First they all tell me that Drew is gonna do it next year, and they all tell me that I loved the guy last year, and that it wasn't his fault we didn't go to the playoffs last year...

Well, everyday I tell em that Ole Blew was solely responsible for our loss vs the Jayvee Steelers team week 17 of the year, and countless other games, and all he is a damn sack w/ a fumble waiting to happen....

I know I am right here, but I just wanted some others here to vent about how terrible Blew Deadsoe was when he was here....

holla if ya here me...

AndreReed83
06-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I hear ya on Cowboy fan's unrealistic expectations for Bledsoe. They obviously don't know what kind of QB they are actually getting.

mybills
06-18-2005, 09:55 PM
First they all tell me that Drew is gonna do it next year
:rofl:
Boy, does that sound familiar? Nobody listened to me or wys! Instead, they held a welcome party for him. :rofl: :evil:

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Well, everyday I tell em that Ole Blew was solely responsible for our loss vs the Jayvee Steelers team week 17 of the year, and countless other games, and all he is a damn sack w/ a fumble waiting to happen....

BS.

While Drew was ugly in that game the Bills defense, giving up 100 yards to a #4 RB, and Rian Lindell were damn fugly too.

Drew was NOT solely responsible. No one player is solely responsible in a team game. As matter of fact, the Bills were looking good until Lindell missed the chip shot and the team deflated.

Novacane
06-18-2005, 10:03 PM
I would just snicker and tell them to wait and see. They will be hating Bledsoe by November

The_Philster
06-18-2005, 10:26 PM
One player lost the game? :shakeno: Did you watch it?

as far as how he'll do in Dallas, I think he could bounce back..a little. Parcells brought him into the league and he enjoyed his greatest successes under the Tuna...I think Pro Bowl type performances are out of the question, but I do think he'll be better than he was the last couple of years here.

Novacane
06-18-2005, 10:32 PM
but I do think he'll be better than he was the last couple of years here.

thats not saying much

capitolneal
06-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Everyday I gotta here about Blew Deadsoe at work (I work w/ half Cowboys fans, and the other half are haters). First they all tell me that Drew is gonna do it next year, and they all tell me that I loved the guy last year, and that it wasn't his fault we didn't go to the playoffs last year...

I know I am right here, but I just wanted some others here to vent about how terrible Blew Deadsoe was when he was here....

holla if ya here me...
I live in Cowboy Country and most of them hate the move though they have a better line he is still gonna tap the ball in the pocket and I have a feeling the Boys will go 6-10 with Drew. I think he is a classy guy but the game is changing and the pure pocket passer is DOOMED, he will be sacked 45 times or more

BADTHINGSMAN
06-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Boy, does that sound familiar? Nobody listened to me or wys! Instead, they held a welcome party for him. :rofl: :evil:

Id welcome DB over RJ anyday.. Welcome JP over DB or RJ anyday and twice on Sunday..

BADTHINGSMAN
06-18-2005, 11:11 PM

holla if ya here me...

Remind them of Vinnie Testevarde and then tell them Drew Bledsoe is Vinnie with less mobility..

ShadowHawk7
06-18-2005, 11:58 PM
:clap: Well put. Explain how exactly he was SOLELY responsible for losing any of our games. I do think it was the right choice to cut him in favor for JP though.

sdbillsfan2
06-19-2005, 02:09 AM
I'd just tell those cowgirl fans to put thier money where their mouths are ! If htey're seriously thinking Bledsoe is the answer, I believe there are a few of us here who would like to lay down a few match sticks on that bet !
Check the record ....he's a natural born choker!

jb buff
06-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Tell them there right, Drew will do it. He will hang from the same tree the rest of the Cowgirls will this year.

pleasesavedrew
06-19-2005, 10:13 PM

BS.

While Drew was ugly in that game the Bills defense, giving up 100 yards to a #4 RB, and Rian Lindell were damn fugly too.

Drew was NOT solely responsible. No one player is solely responsible in a team game. As matter of fact, the Bills were looking good until Lindell missed the chip shot and the team deflated.

finally someone sees it the right way. thank you. i thought i was the only drew defender left.

Crisis
06-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I live in Cowboy Country and most of them hate the move though they have a better line he is still gonna tap the ball in the pocket and I have a feeling the Boys will go 6-10 with Drew. I think he is a classy guy but the game is changing and the pure pocket passer is DOOMED, he will be sacked 45 times or more

Pure pocket passer doomed?

Umm, Manning?

pleasesavedrew
06-19-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll stick by the statements i made around the time drew was unfaily realeased from our team. Drew Bledsoe is the most unfaily treated player in Bills history. He was a quarterback surronded by a bad line most of his time here, he also played without a defense the first year. Not to mention patheticly bad coaching for 2 outta 3 years. despite this he managed to go 23-25 in his time here. Drew is slow, but he's got an arm like no other. He is a much better player than JP RIGHT NOW, although JP has the potentail to be better. I'm rooting for Drew in dallas, and i hate the cowboys. i just hope drew rises to the top like i know hecan, because now he does have great coaching that helped take him to a super bowl.

Drew also did not single handedly lose that last game. When the 2nd ranked defense can't stop the "JV" players for eight minutes, i can't be SOLELY drew's fault altough i admit he didn't play well that day.

OpIv37
06-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Drew is not a bad player and he did take an unfair share of the blame at certain times. That being said, he's not a winner. He always chokes in big games, and he can put up big numbers in the right circumstances, but not big wins.

The Cowboys are in rough shape. Right now, the only bright spots they have are Julius Jones and Witten. Drew Bledsoe isn't explosive enough to put them over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up big numbers (especially with a good TE), but don't expect the rest of the team to play well enough to win. Drew will also turn the ball over and surrender crucial sacks on third and longs.

mysticsoto
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Drew is not a bad player and he did take an unfair share of the blame at certain times. That being said, he's not a winner. He always chokes in big games, and he can put up big numbers in the right circumstances, but not big wins.

The Cowboys are in rough shape. Right now, the only bright spots they have are Julius Jones and Witten. Drew Bledsoe isn't explosive enough to put them over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up big numbers (especially with a good TE), but don't expect the rest of the team to play well enough to win. Drew will also turn the ball over and surrender crucial sacks on third and longs.
Personally, I don't think Drew has much left in him unless you give him a long time to make a decision and finally throw the ball. And I have a feeling that neither the Giants, Redskins or Eagles are going to be giving him any time whatsoever.

That being said, I think the Cowboys will be alot like the Bills the last couple of years...great defense, but sputtering offense. The question will be, can Drew do the minimum necessary to win each game? With most of the defenses he will be playing, I'll guess that on average, no---he won't be able to.

Much like Miami, I look for Parcells to draft a franchise QB next year - unless he can get Henson to improve.

But I predict no playoffs this year or next. So I wonder if Parcells will get his contract extended or not...

justasportsfan
06-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Drew will have good games but will eventually go back to his inconsistent ways.

TigerJ
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Drew does some things as well or better than any other QB in the NFL. However, I thinkk that Drew is the kind of QB that you have to build a team around. In particular he needs a great offensive line, a strong running game, and receivers who can get deep and get open. You can't take Bledsoe and plug him into a team and expect him to do well. Unfortunately at his age, there isn't enough time to make the former approach work. Bledsoe lost a couple years in Buffalowith incompetent offensive coordinators. I think he showed improvement last season, but Mularkey correctly reasoned that by the time the line was good enough and the offensive system was tweaked sufficiently to enable Bledsoe to succeed, he would be so old his physical skills would be on the verge of rapid decline. Neither the team nor the fans (me included) have that much patience in any case.

Unless Bill Parcells has a lot more pieces in place in Dallas than I think he has, I don't think Bledsoe is going to be successful in Dallas either.

Yasgur's Farm
06-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Drew also did not single handedly lose that last game.:lmao:Huh? Bledsoe fumbles late in the game... returned for TD... Bills lose by 5... Bledsoe gave up 7 plus another INT led to 3 more. Stop defending the in defendable.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2005, 06:43 PM
:lmao:Huh? Bledsoe fumbles late in the game... returned for TD... Bills lose by 5... Bledsoe gave up 7 plus another INT led to 3 more. Stop defending the in defendable.
And Lindell's missed FG? (Changed the momentum of the game) Or the defense giving up 100+ yards to the Steelers version of Joe Burns?

Drew did not play well.

Drew was not solely responsible for the loss, To say he was shows a stunning lack of knowledge of the game of football.

The_Philster
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
And Lindell's missed FG? (Changed the momentum of the game) Or the defense giving up 100+ yards to the Steelers version of Joe Burns?

Drew did not play well.

Drew was not solely responsible for the loss, To say he was shows a stunning lack of knowledge of the game of football.some people have it in their heads that the QB plays all 11 positions on the field at once...and plays defense and special teams as well as offense :crazy:

Yasgur's Farm
06-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Drew Bledsoe was responsible for giving up 10 points... we lost by 5... do the math!

Rian Lindell missed on 3... 3 is less than 5.

Nate Clements fumbled which resulted in 3... again... 3 is less than 5.

But... 10 is greater than 5... we win if DB doesn't give up those points. Is that a stunning lack of football knowledge?

BTW Phil... is that really worth a negg? I watched every second of that game. The D gave up yardage because they got tired from being on the field so long.

The_Philster
06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
The RB was on the practice squad earlier in the season and as far as the defense getting tired..what'd they do? Wake up tired?

Yasgur's Farm
06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
You know as well as I do that the D was on the field for 35 minutes... mainly due to the fact that Drew kept screwing up. That's not to mention they were on the field all but 3 or 4 minutes of the 4th quarter.

1st Bills possession in the 4th... DB fumbles after 3 plays resulting in a TD.
2nd Bills possession in the 4th... DB fumbles after 3 plays on 3rd down killing the drive.
3rd Bills possession of the 4th... Billd score on a 7 play drive against prevent.

BTW... Willie Parker had 19 carries for 102 yards... Take away the run for 58 yards and your left with 18 carries for 44 yards or 2.4 YPC. Admittedly that was a defensive lapse... but it was a fluke non the less.

The_Philster
06-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Drew wasn't responsible for everything...no QB deserves all the blame in any loss nor do they deserve all the credit in a win...it's a team game and if someone can't understand that, maybe checkers is more easy to comprehend. :peace:

Yasgur's Farm
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
The problem with your attitude is that you feel you're completely right while I'm completely wrong. Therefore, even though I have brought facts to back up my OPINION, you feel justified in using back door insults and negging to to solidify your OPINION. I've lost considerable rspect for you today.

In any event... Fact remains... without DB's errors, the Bills make the playoffs. That's true in checkers and football.

The_Philster
06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I never said you were completely wrong..Drew did play poorly that day...no one's said any differently...but if you think that the QB is the only player that has an effect on a game, then there's no talking to you until you learn the game :peace:

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Excuse me. I"ve gotta chime in. First and foremost to blame: Rian Lindell. If you heard what the coaches and players had to say after the game, it was very clear that everyone on the team felt a sense of deflation after the missed chip shot. Bledsoe didn't play well but he played well enough to win. The Defense didn't play well but Clements had the one big play that should've covered the poor performance. It started with Lindell and rolled downhill from there. Think team sport.

G. Host
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM

BS.

Absolutely right. While Drew was bad I expected him to be bad since Pittsburgh's DC used to coach for Buffalo and he understood exactly how to attack Drew.

The defense and kicking was PATHETIC. No way should a supposedly great defense roll up and DIE AT HOME with playoffs <u>on the line</u>. The Bills front office were partly to blame selling out to scalpers and ticket agents allowing Pittsburgh faithful to treat Buffalo as their home turf.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Drew Bledsoe was responsible for giving up 10 points... we lost by 5... do the math!

Rian Lindell missed on 3... 3 is less than 5.

Nate Clements fumbled which resulted in 3... again... 3 is less than 5.

But... 10 is greater than 5... we win if DB doesn't give up those points. Is that a stunning lack of football knowledge?

BTW Phil... is that really worth a negg? I watched every second of that game. The D gave up yardage because they got tired from being on the field so long.
Except you entirely leave out the ebb, flow and momemtnum of the game. Lindell's missed kick, for example, screwed up the Bills momentum. It also changed the Bills play calling later on in the game. It also, 2 plays later, resulted in the 58 yard run.

So it is more than simple add and subtract math.

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Absolutely right. While Drew was bad I expected him to be bad since Pittsburgh's DC used to coach for Buffalo and he understood exactly how to attack Drew.

The defense and kicking was PATHETIC. No way should a supposedly great defense roll up and DIE AT HOME with playoffs on the line. The Bills front office were partly to blame selling out to scalpers and ticket agents allowing Pittsburgh faithful to treat Buffalo as their home turf.
Good point on the Terrible Towels. The Ralph has pretty damn good security on the inside, but apparently lacking in the parking lot. WTF??? Maybe TD, Mularkey and Clements had a lot of family and friends in town???

Yasgur's Farm
06-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I never said you were completely wrong..Drew did play poorly that day...no one's said any differently...but if you think that the QB is the only player that has an effect on a game, then there's no talking to you until you learn the game :peace:Is that why you negged me?

Believe me... I understand team play and I listed off others who had an affect on the outcome of this game. But there was only 1 person who's mistakes added up to the difference in the game... Therefore the statement "he single handedly lost the game" applies here. He had the greatest impact on the wrong end of the spectrum.

Example...

Nate Clements fumbles a punt resulting in 3 points. He later returns an INT for a TD. Result... +4.

Lindell missed a FG he should have made. He also made a FG. Result... a wash.

As for the play of the D... They gave up 16 points on legit drives. They also held Pitts to only 6 points on offensive give aways deep in Bills territory. That totals 22 points scored against the D. They scored 7 of their own. In addition, they forced 2 other turnovers which resulted in 7 Buffalo points. They held Pitts to 15 1st downs and 262 yards in over 35 minutes in the trenches.

The O... 16 1st downs, 267 yards (including 87 on the desperation TD drive against prevent) and 17 points. 2 turnovers (both by Drew) resulting in 10 points against.

From all of this it's clear to see who had the single greatest impact on this game. Unfortunately it was DB in favor of Pitts.

Enough arguing!!!

Historian
06-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Bledsoe is done. His mechanics are shot. Probably from getting bounced around like a pinball under those two idiots Williams and Gilbride. He couldn't even throw an effective screen pass last year, and looked terrible in games that we won big. (Cleveland comes to mind)

It's my feeling that Parcells is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game, and his discipline may help, but truth be told, if Bledsoe couldn't get back into a rythem with Sam Wyche as his personal tutor, I really don't think anyone can help him at this point.

mysticsoto
06-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Except you entirely leave out the ebb, flow and momemtnum of the game. Lindell's missed kick, for example, screwed up the Bills momentum. It also changed the Bills play calling later on in the game. It also, 2 plays later, resulted in the 58 yard run.

So it is more than simple add and subtract math.
I have to agree with this. If there is anything I remember from this game, it is the momentum change that switched right after Lindell missed his kick. I do remember telling my friends at work the next day (they come to me b'cse I'm the only season ticket holder of the group) that the entire atmosphere seemed to change after that miss.

While there were clearly plenty of people to point the finger at in this game for missed or botched plays, this play was what started the downward spiral of this loss.

Yasgur's Farm
06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
The very next possession the Bills had, DB handed the gift to the Pitts defender for a TD.

Buckets
06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Bledsoe is done. His mechanics are shot. Probably from getting bounced around like a pinball under those two idiots Williams and Gilbride. He couldn't even throw an effective screen pass last year, and looked terrible in games that we won big. (Cleveland comes to mind)

It's my feeling that Parcells is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game, and his discipline may help, but truth be told, if Bledsoe couldn't get back into a rythem with Sam Wyche as his personal tutor, I really don't think anyone can help him at this point.

I couldn't agree more. The guy couldn't complete a 5 yard pass on more than one occasion. I can't believe that there are some who still think this guy is a Super bowl caliber QB. His time has passed.

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Saying the losses were not all his fault is not the same as saying he is Super Bol caliber.

MDFINFAN
06-23-2005, 12:40 PM

I didnt listen to Wys either, but knew the limitations of Drew. I don't think Moulds hated Drew. But he didn't succeed in Buf. and now has a new job. Life in the NFL.