PDA

View Full Version : Listen to this guy

Kerr
06-19-2005, 09:37 AM
6. Kelly Holcomb finishes the season as the Bills quarterback.

Honestly, we're starting to feel bad for dumping on J.P. Losman. He's impressed teammates with his work ethic this off-season, and obviously the coaching staff believes in him. He's very talented, but there is a combination of factors working against Losman making it all 16 games. His scrambling style of play and the poor offensive line in Buffalo could result in a ragged first year.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs this century and are desperate to please their incredible fans. With a very tough schedule in the second half, Holcomb may be Buffalo's best chance to win, even if Losman is healthy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3698702

http://billsfanzone.com/fanzone/images/smilies/down.gif

Dozerdog
06-19-2005, 09:56 AM
6. Kelly Holcomb finishes the season as the Bills quarterback.

Honestly, we're starting to feel bad for dumping on J.P. Losman. He's impressed teammates with his work ethic this off-season, and obviously the coaching staff believes in him. He's very talented, but there is a combination of factors working against Losman making it all 16 games. His scrambling style of play and the poor offensive line in Buffalo could result in a ragged first year.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs this century and are desperate to please their incredible fans. With a very tough schedule in the second half, Holcomb may be Buffalo's best chance to win, even if Losman is healthy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3698702

http://billsfanzone.com/fanzone/images/smilies/down.gif
:rofl:

10. Saints hire Jim Mora Sr. after 1-4 start, and he leads the ''Aints" to their first Super Bowl. We can just imagine his reaction to this prediction, "Super Bowl? Super Bowl? We can't be thinking of the Super Bowl! We're trying to win one game." Of course, the Saints would ultimately lose Super Bowl IX to New England after a missed extra point by John Carney in the closing seconds.

Iehoshua
06-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I hope not but if Losman can't get it done... :idunno:

djjimkelly
06-19-2005, 10:13 AM
well id have to say that is prolly the worst off the wall predictions ive read ever. my prediction not of those things happen. tatum bell lead afc in RUSHIING LMFAO what a joke

generalmills
06-19-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope not but if Losman can't get it done... :idunno:

exactly... although I do hope and believe that JP can do the job there is a very strong possibility that he cant (just look at other young QBs... it is against the norm to succeed). Holcomb could be the starter for this team come late October if things do not go as planned. This is a playoff team (with a window of success growing smaller as the Defense will have to be broken up in 2 maybe 3 years tops) and I do not think that TD has the job security to allow JP to struggle ala Eli Manning...

alohabillsfan
06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Remember what happened to Eli last year, he was killed behind a Below avg line. anyone that really expects a whole lot more from JP is doing so with heart and not intelligence.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2005, 11:21 AM
It's always cool to say something controversial: If he's right, he's a genius. If not, nobody ever remembers his ridiculous predictions. I think JP will be very good, and Holcomb will only play in case of injury.

jmb1099
06-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Remember what happened to Eli last year, he was killed behind a Below avg line. anyone that really expects a whole lot more from JP is doing so with heart and not intelligence.
I'm not sure that I would classify our line as below average yet. Until then I am not ready to declare the sky is falling. Plus Eli is not nor will he ever be Peyton. As far as Losman goes we don't really know what he is capable of yet either. All initial signs point to a very bright future. Its true he is young, but lets see how he does before we make defining statements about him. It is way too early to know.

BAM
06-20-2005, 11:37 AM
The Bills haven't made the playoffs this century and are desperate to please their incredible fans.

:10:

Bill Brasky
06-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I remember when a certain "Scrambling-type QB with a poor OLine" was predicted to lead his team to the super bowl a few years ago in his first season (IE: Michael Vick)

Losman is no Vick, but this has to be the funniest thing ever. Just shows that outside of BLO everybody thinks this franchise is a joke. They could put Joe Montana here in his prime and people would still think we suck.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-20-2005, 11:41 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=73900

THATHURMANATOR
06-20-2005, 11:55 AM
I dont see anything wrong with his comments. This could very well happen.

Demon
06-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Did you guys over look #7 ??

7. Travis Henry leads an AFC South team in rushing.

Perhaps this isn't that bold. But considering we grabbed Henry with the 119th pick in our latest "Expert's" Draft, not many owners project a trade yet. As a Henry owner, I'd rather see him end up in Jacksonville if Fred Taylor's status deteriorates. It's more likely, however, that Henry ends up in Tennessee. The Titans offered a fourth round pick; the Bills want a third-rounder. Chris Brown is an injury waiting to happen and Tennessee's current backup is … Damien Nash? Henry also has a similar workmanlike style to Eddie George. That appears to agree with Jeff Fisher more than Brown's boom-or-bust style. Look for Henry to get dealt and make an impact.