PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly's retirement

The_Philster
06-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I just watched his retirement ceremony again today and it still choked me up over 8 years later. As tough as he always was on the football field, he was a baby at the podium..and who could blame him? In '96 we were favored by many to win it all but the story of that season was injuries...injuries that we no longer had the depth to overcome.
:cheers: to you, Jimbo
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Players/Jim_Kelly_PF_Gold_jpg.JPGhttp://www.skylinepictures.com/Simon%204.jpg

Question I have is....who else teared up for Jim's retirement back then..who thinks they'd still tear up if they watched it now?

Jayhawk
06-19-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't have to see it to get emotional, I just have to hear the speech and I lose it.

BAM
06-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Here's a short MP3 I have of it.

http://www.brzaspot.com/Andromeda/Number 12 Retires.mp3

StillLurkin
06-19-2005, 06:39 PM
i cried like a little girl that just crapped her pants on a playground!

The_Philster
06-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Here's a short MP3 I have of it.

http://www.brzaspot.com/Andromeda/Number 12 Retires.mp3:wail:

Pride
06-19-2005, 08:08 PM
I definately cried... he was/is my football hero!

Devin
06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I definately cried... he was/is my football hero!

Yep.

LtBillsFan66
06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't cry at trivial stuff.

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Jim Kelly exemplifies everything great about the Bills and the city of Buffalo. It's for these reasons that he should run for mayor. Is there any chance he would lose?

PS- His retirement speech would make Satan cry.

BillsPride12
06-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Hell yeah I cry everytime I see it and I LOVE IT. Jim always was great with words and had very emotional speeches and that was one of his all-time best. Kelly played for the love of the game and thats why I respect him so much. Jim was gutsy, sometimes too gutsy for our own good in thinking that he could win us the big game playing hungover:crap:but I still love ya Jim

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Hell yeah I cry everytime I see it and I LOVE IT. Jim always was great with words and had very emotional speeches and that was one of his all-time best. Kelly played for the love of the game and thats why I respect him so much. Jim was gutsy, sometimes too gutsy for our own good in thinking that he could win us the big game playing hungover:crap:but I still love ya Jim
Isn't it true that Kelly played completely hung against the Bengals in the Conference championship back in 89? I remember hearing that Boomer had him over to his house the night before and got him tanked.

BFBills
06-19-2005, 09:24 PM
i cried,, (i was what 6 or 7) but i wouldnt cry know

BillsPride12
06-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Isn't it true that Kelly played completely hung against the Bengals in the Conference championship back in 89? I remember hearing that Boomer had him over to his house the night before and got him tanked.
I'm not sure about that one to be honest, it could be true but I can't verify it. I have heard though from numerous sources that Kelly as well as many of the other "star" Bills were out till the early morning hours of the super bowl getting their drink on and probably nailing supermodels too. With that information(I wasn't there but I really believe that the stuff I've heard over the years was true) I'm not suprised by the play of the boys in the big game, they were probably just gassed from the week long party they were having, I don't think it has anything to do at all with their heart or that they got nervous at the big game. But I don't want this thread to start going off topic because it is a good one so lets just leave this talk at that and get back to the main topic started by the Philster.<!-- / message -->

Wolffman
06-19-2005, 10:31 PM
I cried when Hasek was traded. I knew the Sabres would be **** from then on... and boy was I right.

cordog
06-19-2005, 10:48 PM
I remember watching it with you phil

SABURZFAN
06-20-2005, 12:30 AM
bunch of candy ass crybabies...... :mad: