X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

FoxSports.com: Henry/Bills Camp

What will result from the Henry refusal to return to Buffalo since it appears that a trade wont get done before the start of Training Camp.

Travis made alot of noise on his way outta B-LO after last season but can he afford to hold out or will he cave on his trade demand in order to show other teams that he's conditioned and ready to provide insurance for another teams' injured starter such as Taylor in Jax, or Brown in Tenn?

Not attending camp could further hurt his trade value for a team looking for a guy to come in and be a team player.

msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3702428

MW at 360 sounds like the left side of the line with a year playing together might be ready for a Pro Bowl calliber season next to Vallerial.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • wchutalkinboutwillis
    • Mar 2005

The Henry trade will get done. From what I've read here, his contract as a Bill gets extended for another year if he's a noshow. Absolutely nobody wants to see that talent wasted. One year to a running back is like ten years to the average human. Based on what I'ver read, I think Tennessee will crumble and give up the third any day now. At a minimum, it will be a fourth moving up to a third when certain stats are met.
    Mike Williams will be dominant this year. His conditioning, psyche, and the fact that he will not have to protect a statue, will put him at another level.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

Is the difference between a 3rd & a 4th that significant? Sure i would want the extra day 1 pick but at what cost.......Same goes for otehr teams interested. I've seen so many teams waste picks or trade them for whatever..
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think we should keep Henry around, particularly if we're only looking at a second day pick for him. For career purposes, he'll have to report to camp and play. Disgruntled or not, he'll make a nice backup for Willis - he should have enough bottled up anger to really be mean when he hits the field.

That being said, we'll probably trade him for the best pick we can get.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Henry won't hold out. He needs the money.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by juice
            MW at 360 sounds like the left side of the line with a year playing together might be ready for a Pro Bowl calliber season next to Vallerial.
            that would be nice.

as much as I bash this line for sucking, I hope they completely prove me wrong this season.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

The Bills hold all the cards. What we need to be keep in mind is his value to the Bills when they lose him to free agency... That could conceivably be a 3rd round compensatory pick. Thus the current asking price.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by draz54
                The Bills hold all the cards. What we need to be keep in mind is his value to the Bills when they lose him to free agency... That could conceivably be a 3rd round compensatory pick. Thus the current asking price.
                If he'll be worth a 3rd rd compensatory pick then why not ask for a 3rd that could increase in value to a 2nd with a 1000yd rushing season.. People talk about TH being a lockeroom cancer if his trade demands aren't met, but it's not like he's TO or Randy Moss or some type of media darling that's gonna go on Sportscenter doing interviews every week.

Would Henry get a contract in FA that would actually bring a compensatory pick that high if he's limited in touches due to a backup role to Willis?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

Working...
                X