PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Peanut Gallery

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow Bushwackers lost!

And Droughns ran wild, while Tomlinson was held.

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:05 PM
pmac your predictions so far up to your game are right on 4-0!!! Even your game had the predicted blowout!

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:06 PM
make that 5-0 with the Tzus game.

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Kelsay with 5 sacks in the Pitt game.

WTF cant he do that in a Bills game.

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:14 PM
There is the first blemish, Wookies take out the CRK! 5-1.

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:20 PM
11 sacks in the CRK-Wookies game.

wow.

The King
06-20-2005, 11:23 PM
I wonder where my team was most dominant?

Devin
06-20-2005, 11:24 PM
we will find out shortly i hope.

The Spaz
06-20-2005, 11:32 PM
don't understand chandler playing most of the game over "Big Ben"

Canadian'eh!
06-20-2005, 11:50 PM
interesting.. my line gave up 10 sacks? BRUTAL... and yet my D that's built for sacks had 1.... great.

i did manage 3 picks... but Anthony Henry and Jamal Lewis get hurt and i have NO running game after that.

L.A. Playa
06-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Lucky guesses, McGahee ran wild 165yds, Culpepper 3 TD passes and 1 rushing, McGee KOret for TD, 53 Yd Fg Rackers, my defense 4 ints and 3 sacks I'mhappy with the outcome

RetroRaiders81
06-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Reuben :Droughns!

Forward_Lateral
06-21-2005, 06:43 AM
My "High Powered" Offense puts up 13 points? I'm happy with my D only giving up 17 against a very tough Offense, but 13 points by my O is unacceptable. Aaron Brooks will get the nod in my 2nd preseason game.

R. Rich
06-21-2005, 06:51 AM
I kinda figured my team would lose, so no big deal there.

Positives:

1.) The O line didn't give up a sack.
2.) Julius Jones had a nice start to his game.
3.) Brandon Lloyd stepped up w/ 7 catches for over 100 yds.
4.) The D was able to force a few turnovers.
5.) Kicking game appears as solid as expected.

Negatives:

1.) Fred Taylor ran wild on my defense.
2.) Drive killing penalties by O line, and I didn't even draft Ruben Brown.
3.) Leftwich threw 3 INTs, 2 of which killed drives in very good field position.
4.) Pass defense was pretty shabby.
5.) Short yardage O needs work.

Well, on to the next week.

The King
06-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Leftwich is still gonna make some mistakes Rich, and with your recieving corps being questionable he is gonna make a few. Probably 25-20 TD-INT ratio

ryjam282
06-21-2005, 07:51 AM
DAMN, where is my game. I have no cannon fodder to use or get abused with :(

R. Rich
06-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Leftwich is still gonna make some mistakes Rich, and with your recieving corps being questionable he is gonna make a few. Probably 25-20 TD-INT ratio

Probably so.

Unlike so many other owners here, I'm not worrying too much about the first season. Now, if this weren't a keeper league, maybe I would've done more to stock my offensive backfield. I realize Leftwich will make mistakes, but I do believe he'll mature into a very good QB for me. He's taking his lumps for now, and I'll struggle through it.

I built my team to run the ball effectively and to play good defense. In that respect, there were some good things about that first preseason game and some bad things.

Running game: Jones had a nice start, but Leftwich's mistakes (virtually forcing the team into a pass only mode) and poor running in short yardage situations hurt.

Offensive Line: Protected the QB well, as there were no sacks. Stupid penalties cost us, including a big one in the red zone. Also, there's seemingly very little push on short yardage/goal line situations, something that will need to be corrected.

Defense: DL looked decent. Weaver had a couple penalties and must be more disciplined. Starks had 2 sacks, so there's some hope there. LBs did their job, as Vilma had a sack, Barnett had a pick, and Babin had a sack, forced fumble, and fumble recovery. Secondary needs to have a better showing. Way too many big plays given up, including a few on third and long.

Also, the special teams weren't bad. Kicking game appears solid and the coverage units didn't give up a ton of yards.

Michael82
06-21-2005, 08:41 AM
DAMN, where is my game. I have no cannon fodder to use or get abused with :(
I'm with you. :(

L.A. Playa
06-21-2005, 08:50 AM
The big negative for my team is run defense, but if they dominate the clock like they did and put up the points the way they did it shouldnt be a huge problem. I guess I was suprised at how well my running game did

MikeInRoch
06-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm a bit confused by my game - is there a translator for the play by plays? I caught most of it (formations, etc.), but there are a few things I don't get (Lr and Ll, for example).

I can't be too upset by this:

Rushing
ATL Alexander 15-101

Receiving
ATL Muhammad 11-170

But I'm a bit confused as to why I passed so much instead of running, given that Alexander was averaging almost 7 yards a carry...

Canadian'eh!
06-21-2005, 11:25 AM
ok my breakdown:

Positives:
1- The passing game did fairly well. Ball was spread around well, descent yardage and no picks.
2- Chambers is looking solid as a #1 5-87
3- My D was ballhawking as i was hoping for. 3 picks. (James, Hamlin, Wilson)
4- Jamal was averaged 6 ypc on his 3 carries. I think his injury cost us the game.
5- our Kicking and ST was good. Kasay hit from 47/52/53 and was 3-3, Zastudil punted VERY well and there were no big returns.

Negatives:

1- OLINE! 10 sacks! we are in big trouble if this keeps up. Every drive was killed by a sack it seems. Or the odd holding call too.
2- Brian Westbrook. 11-7. forget that we barely ran the ball when Jamal went down... he average less than 1ypc!
3- injuries...i knew this would happen when i made my selections. was more of a next year pick often.
4- DB's gave up too many big gains. 17comps for 271 yards. ouch.
5- No sacks from KGB/Little/Foley/Simon... very dissapointing.

RetroRaiders81
06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
I have this:

Positives:
1- Productive running game, Droughns avg. 5.6 a carry
2- Secondary looked good with INT's by Milloy and Harris
3- Tomlinson, the best RB in the game was contained to practically nothing, under 2 yards a carry.

Negatives:
-Only decent game for Manning, probably due to rain
-Line gave up 4 sacks...not too bad
-had 2 fumbles on O
-J Porter had his way with Ronde, scoring all 21 points

Devin
06-21-2005, 03:32 PM
My line held up ok, Brady and the WR's did ok considering the secondary we faced. Seems contrary to MBB's wishes a lot of his starters played. So it was nice to see what we could do against one of the better teams in the BZFL.

The running game wasnt that strong, and our DL could have done better against the run but we grabbed 4 sacks and 2 fumbles and kept the pressure on. Will have to work on a combination for run stopping as Rayburn is a great run stuffer.

Apart from Ward's stellar day the secondary didnt do half bad and Williams came up with a clutch INT to end the game.

Overall the guys played well, and we had no injuries which was something I was very careful about while drafting, so the Outlaws are happy.

Ebenezer
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
I started Griese on a lark...if he does this well again I might have an expensive QB on the bench.

L.A. Playa
06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I personally think you would be better with Jake than Griese, and we all shouldnt be suprised that Eb's team is strong he is the only veteran at this game in the group, good job Eb

That Guy
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
My D played a lot better than I would've thought. My two top cornerbacks passed the test against Manning. However, I've very disappointed with Tomlinson's performance.

RetroRaiders81
06-21-2005, 07:31 PM
My D played a lot better than I would've thought. My two top cornerbacks passed the test against Manning. However, I've very disappointed with Tomlinson's performance.
Yes, good job with Manning. Though I think it's more of an insult with Droughns doing good. You've got a hell of a reciever with Porter, Barber gave up 3 touchdowns. :(

That Guy
06-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes, good job with Manning. Though I think it's more of an insult with Droughns doing good. You've got a hell of a reciever with Porter, Barber gave up 3 touchdowns. :(
If these running backs are based on last year's stats, Droughns is probably going to have a damn good season.

RetroRaiders81
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Yah, thats why I drafted him. Who knows how he'll do in cleveland, but I'll have Ronnie Brown next year.

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Well 2 weeks of preseason has showed me nothing, too hard to predict what will happen with any team at this point

The King
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Ronnie Heard the back up safety with 2 INTs in the preseason. I dont know how the hell my D let up 24 points in the 3rd but oh well. Seems like Ogunleye is going to terrorize the opposing QB's.

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Is every teams Depth Charts gonna be public Knowledge??? Also, I hope that the "vanilla" schemes of being preseason is what explains some things otherwise I will open the offense way up

ryjam282
06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey PMACLA, looks like your team blew it's wad too early...From 41 to 3 points?

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey PMACLA, looks like your team blew it's wad too early...From 41 to 3 points?

Nope just didnt get the right lineup in, dont worry bout my team, what you should be worried about is Eli and the fact that my "d" has only given up 10 pts in each game considering thats the weak part of my team

Ebenezer
06-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Nope just didnt get the right lineup in, dont worry bout my team, what you should be worried about is Eli and the fact that my "d" has only given up 10 pts in each game considering thats the weak part of my team
that's just it...I don't think we will know what our teams will be like until week 4 at earliest...completely new combinations...is there anyway to tell what Manning will do in back of a stud or dud offensive line...will a certain DL combination just shut others down? can an RB run for 2000 yards in this thing? depends on alot.

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 12:47 PM
With Philosophies I sent you a spreadsheet Eb was just wondering is that what you need or something more in detail ???

The King
06-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Ups:up:
Secondary seems to be playing better than expected.
Azumah has been dominant on Special Teams.
Turnovers are under-control. Not excessive.
Getting pressure on the QB both from the exterior and interior line.

Downs:down:
Carrs play has been subpar.
Injuries have been abundant.
Branch's play has been disappointing.
Offensive line play has been offensive.

Ebenezer
06-24-2005, 01:02 PM
With Philosophies I sent you a spreadsheet Eb was just wondering is that what you need or something more in detail ???
that is fine and gives me a general idea...if anybody wants to go to the pain of breaking it down by situation feel free...

if you want to tell me that 25% of the time on 1st and more than 10 from inside your own 30 you want to throw a bomb, etc. go for it...

Forward_Lateral
06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
:up: for The Whackers
Ahman Green is running well.
Lance Briggs is a machine on D
We've jumped out to early leads in both games, stellar on ST.
Will Smith and Greg Ellis have a sack each in both games.
:down:

Blown late leads in both games
Mike Vick sucks

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey F_L according to the game detail you won the second game you played

ryjam282
06-24-2005, 02:36 PM

I am definitely worried about Eli. He has been subpar and I went with more protection the first game and it wasn't that great yardage wise, this time, less protection, about the same yardage and Priest had a better day. I am more worried about the fact that I have the top LB core or at least in the top 3 in this league and a big beefy line and my 3-4 can't keep any back under 125....Frustrating thus far.

Ebenezer
06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
:up: for The Whackers
Ahman Green is running well.
Lance Briggs is a machine on D
We've jumped out to early leads in both games, stellar on ST.
Will Smith and Greg Ellis have a sack each in both games.
:down:

Blown late leads in both games
Mike Vick sucks
sucks in the real game too, imo...no way is he worth $100Mil.

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Interesting probably the only ones completely happy at this point is Retro, Aztec and Outlaws

The King
06-24-2005, 02:56 PM
I am happy with my team overall.

Ebenezer
06-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Interesting probably the only ones completely happy at this point is Retro, Aztec and Outlaws
I won't even start to judge until week 4.

Canadian'eh!
06-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Postives for CRK's:
on D-
1. got better sack production.
2. Excellent turnovers. caused 6 on 4 fumbles and 2 picks.
3. bent but didn't break a lot.

On O -
1. 363 yards of O.
2. NO TURNOVERS
3. Jamal went for 4.3/carry
4. Chambers 7-119 doing well as #1
5. Alge has 3 TD's in 2 games.
6. Sustained long drives

on ST -
1. Kasay hasn' missed and has made kicks of 48, 49, 49 and 2 over 50.
2. Zastudil is pinning people deep on punts.

Negatives:

On D -
1. gave up 436 YARDS!
2. 150 RUSHING!
3. Javon Walker and McMichael were torching us. Walker had an 83 yard TD

on O -
1. still gave up 5 sacks
2. didn't run enough.
3. Bulger fumbled 2x but recvered both. 3 in 2 games

on ST -
1. would like some longer returns from Randle El

good news: no injuries.

So basically it was a good game, but the OL and D yardage is still worriesome.

Canadian'eh!
06-24-2005, 03:03 PM
If i were the Outlaws i'd be very happy too.

If Tony gets the lines my money is going on him.

L.A. Playa
06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
I think the Playas have been partying too much, well at least we have fun