• Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Fanball.com likes Parrish

Bills: Parrish impressive in workouts

THE NEWS

Rookie Roscoe Parrish continues to impress Bills coaches and players as the Bills wound down their spring workouts last weekend. The diminutive wide receiver displayed the speed and elusiveness that made him a star at the University of Miami and impressed with a few circus catches during workouts. "He made some big plays in third down work," coach Mike Mularkey told the Bills official website. "He did some of the things we're looking for from him. The more comfortable he gets with his job, I think the more production you're going to see from him."

OUR VIEW

Parrish is slated to push Josh Reed for the starting position in the slot for the Bills in training camp. Parrish has looked good in shorts, but it remains to be seen if his size will adversely affect him once the pads come out. The knock on him in college was that he has trouble getting off the line against physical bump-and-run coverage. If he can overcome that, he has the speed and athleticism to make some big plays this season.

Fanball is a daily fantasy sports platform. Compete against friends or strangers in various contest formats for fun or for prizes.

I can't wait to see him on the field.
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

I also heard that he was on his 7th hooked on phonics tape. He's great with verbs!

All joking aside he will be a stud. 750 yards 5 tds, and a special teams nightmare.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

He could be very productive on 3rd downs now that we (hopefully) have a QB that will throw the ball on 3rd down to someone other than EM, (it just seemed so predictable).

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I love the speed that Parrish brings. He and Evans - along with Moulds - are really going to create some nightmare situations for opposing DBs.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Until JP can prove that he can sling that ball to a WR while being blitzed by 8 rushers... having 4 terrell owens out there wont help.

Defenses will be throwing the kitchen sink at JP in his first few games... until he proves that he can stand in the pocket, step into his throw, and complete the pass needed for a first down.

everything else is secondary until this is shown.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
            Until JP can prove that he can sling that ball to a WR while being blitzed by 8 rushers... having 4 terrell owens out there wont help.

Defenses will be throwing the kitchen sink at JP in his first few games... until he proves that he can stand in the pocket, step into his throw, and complete the pass needed for a first down.

Agreed. But I also think practicing against our own defense at camp with all their zone blitz schemes will help JP too.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Well this is something Bledsoe couldn't do for all the years of experience he had. So I don't feel we'll be any worse with JP since DB was terrible at handling the blitz. The options are, JP will be just as bad, or better. Most people are banking on better - not just b'cse we hope he is...but b'cse he is preparing himself, b'cse he's confident and b'cse of his own natural skills (his non-lead feet). He also has experience with playing behind bad lines, so it's not like that will be such a shock to him. But McNally had the line playing well in the 2nd half of the season last year. And that took so long b'cse of MW's constant disruptions in the beginning. This year, he has a different mind set and is prepared to play. Now that he's lost 40 lbs from last year, I think we will see a different MW!!!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

He will be most impactful on trick plays and ST in my opinion. I think what we can hope for is a Dante Hall kind of player. (which is a good thing) I don't expect more than that, because no matter what anyone says, he will not be able to consistently play the slot. He's just too small and will ultimately get crushed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I expect that we will play a lot of traditional sets with a TE and FB to go with JP, Willis, Evans and Moulds, so Parrish will not be on the field every play; and Reed/Aiken will get some slot work as well. I think Parrish will hold up well under these circumstances.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                    He will be most impactful on trick plays and ST in my opinion. I think what we can hope for is a Dante Hall kind of player. (which is a good thing) I don't expect more than that, because no matter what anyone says, he will not be able to consistently play the slot. He's just too small and will ultimately get crushed.
                    I think the value of having him on the field is the threat his speed poses to the defense - they have to watch him. That will open things up for others. That said, 2 or 3 game changing big plays is the difference between 8-8 and 10-6, so there is value there.

Comment

• LVGrown
                      Vegas Growed
                      • Jul 2002

i think 4 TO's WOULD indeed help that situation ... I don't think you can rush 8 guys with 4 TO's on the field ... but eh! Do you really think its that big of a downgrade from the QB's we've had leading this team the last 10 years? Can't recall too many times Drew stood in the pocket, moved up and completed the pass, nor RJ or Frutie or anyone else. Frutie didn't stay in the pocket so thats why he is included, most of his were on the run. Of the QB's we've had, the only one that remotely succeeded was the scrambler ... hmmm, makes me think ...

Erin

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                        I think the value of having him on the field is the threat his speed poses to the defense - they have to watch him. That will open things up for others. That said, 2 or 3 game changing big plays is the difference between 8-8 and 10-6, so there is value there.
                        Yes if he shows he can get the ball, teams will need to put fastest CB on him or play deep zone with safeties helping Eric the most I think.

Comment

Working...
                        X