X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIHARD2
    • Sep 2002

We have nothing to be ashamed of

I know that I wrote this in another thread but I thought it deserved its own!

Here are Green Bay's stats for the year. On turnovers, if you look they got 36 to the good as compared to their opponents which were 24. (they are marked with a*****)

They threw 13 interceptions , and teams against them threw 22 interceptions.

So what happened with our offense getting beat up by this defense on turnovers, guess what, (((we are not the only ones.)) They have the best record in the NFL on those situations.

Green Bay's offense did not do any better than ours, except for two plays. If you look at today's stats they were really even, it was a, total defensive game.

And our defense consist of nobody's, but yet we were in the whole game with the team that went 12/3 this year.

We have nothing to be ashamed of. Don't forget ,this is the first year our offense has ever played together, and we were playing against a team whose offense has been together for three and more years.

I can't understand why anyone here cannot understand, that we lost to a team that chances are will be in the Super Bowl if not win it. Get a life guys!!!

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 285 255
    FIRST DOWNS (Rushing-Passing-By Penalty) 83 - 176 - 26 109 - 122 - 24
    THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 78/196 54/168
    FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 5/10 6/16
    TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 5015 4463
    OFFENSE (Plays-Average Yards) 924 - 5.4 866 - 5.2
    TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 1700 1826
    RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards) 394 - 4.3 360 - 5.1
    TOTAL PASSING YARDS 3315 2637

PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 324 - 506 - 13 - 6.91 251 - 470 - 22 - 6.04**** = interceptions.

SACKS 36 24****= stats

FIELD GOALS 26/32 16/21
    TOUCHDOWNS 42 34
    (Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive) 12 - 26 - 0 - 4 12 - 20 - 1 - 1
    TIME OF POSSESSION 32:07 27:53

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

• Nov 2002

Packer fan here. Everything you said is true.

Your defense gave this team fits. So did the offense. This was a hard game.

You have a good team.

Comment

• DIHARD2
      • Sep 2002

Pistol GB Thank you! Your team is definitely a team to beat this year! Although they still can shoot themselves in the foot in the playoffs, if they don't watch it. They can't take any game from here on out as an easy one, but I'm sure they know that.

The Green Bay Packers are the only true American team. They are owned by the people and they play for the people. I could never understand how Dallas tried to steal that title.

You're the only NFL team, I want to see win the Super Bowl unless you're playing us of course!

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
      "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• Alluro
        You Don't Stand a Chance !
        • Jul 2002

Green Bay did their very best to hand us the game and we couldn't freaking score...we have a lot to be ashamed of.

Comment

• DIHARD2
          • Sep 2002

Alluro, I'm sorry but I believe you're wrong. The fact is Green Bay's defense the whole year did the same thing to teams that are better than us this year.

Their defense has been known to do what they did to Buffalo this whole season. This is a team ( Green Bay) that has the offense that has tried to lose games for them this year, but a defense that never gave up. That is the difference between the two teams, but Buffalo is still building and Green Bay from today looks like they're there.

I cannot understand why anyone could say that Buffalo didn't show up to play, to those who are saying it did not see the same game that I did.

I saw a defensive battle, with both offenses trying to give the game to the other... Green Bay's defense put there team in a better positions because of their playing. It was a ground game, and whose defense had more experience won it, and it turned out to be Green Bay the winner.

We have a team that's been together for one season on offense. So for anyone to think that we have the team that should beat or should have beaten the team that chances are, will be in the Super Bowl, needs to sit back and look at the whole picture.

We have nothing to be ashamed of, our team for its experience as a whole, play a tough game today. We have the team, that next year, and for sure the year after will be the team to beat.

We are beating ourselves up or no reason at all. Get a perspective on where we were last year, and the year before, I'm pleased with what I see for the future.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
          "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X