X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Feeley...The next Rob Johnson??

I was just thinking. Doesn't Feeley remind you guys of RJ? In the most unbiased way possible, let's look at this.

We traded a high pick for Johnson, Dolphins traded a high pick for Feely.

Both were back-ups on average-great teams. Both showed flashes of greatnesses, but most of the other time were getting plowed into the field or plowing the ball into opposing defenses.

Then you add the Doug Flutie...or "Gus Frerrote" factor in there. You have an aging QB who are proven, but solid. Obviously Flutie and Gus are worlds apart as far as QB styles go, but then again who isn't Flutie worlds apart in comparison of his ability and physical attributes. (and btw- I hope you guys aren't expecting much out of Gus, the only thing he's known for his bashing his head against a wall)

Both teams sell a high pick for an unproven Qb who has sucked but with VERY SMALL flashes of greatness ahead of them. Both teams have an older QB behind them pushing them.

Looks like De Ja Vu to me.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Crisis
    I was just thinking. Doesn't Feeley remind you guys of RJ? In the most unbiased way possible, let's look at this.

We traded a high pick for Johnson, Dolphins traded a high pick for Feely.

Both were back-ups on average-great teams. Both showed flashes of greatnesses, but most of the other time were getting plowed into the field or plowing the ball into opposing defenses.

Then you add the Doug Flutie...or "Gus Frerrote" factor in there. You have an aging QB who are proven, but solid. Obviously Flutie and Gus are worlds apart as far as QB styles go, but then again who isn't Flutie worlds apart in comparison of his ability and physical attributes. (and btw- I hope you guys aren't expecting much out of Gus, the only thing he's known for his bashing his head against a wall)

Both teams sell a high pick for an unproven Qb who has sucked but with VERY SMALL flashes of greatness ahead of them. Both teams have an older QB behind them pushing them.

Looks like De Ja Vu to me.
    I brought this up in another post. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the resemblance...

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the resemblance...
      I don't Rob is way much better. He's more accurate. Well AJ is accurate when it comes to throwing to cb's.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

Sounds good to me. However, can we honestly say that Feeley even has the athletic ability that Johnson possessed? in which case one could argue that Feeley sucks worse than Rob Johnson.

By the way Crisis, I am wondering if there is any difference between a Dirty Sanchez and a Filthy Sanchez, and...how did you ever manage to give yourself one? Yikes!

Comment

• Jayhawk
          • Aug 2004

come on don't be nice, don't you mean Turd collins?
          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Feeley will never be as good as RJ.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
              • Mar 2005

I'd really rather not waste energy thinking about Rob's Johnson or AJ FeelMe. However, off the top of my head, without really knowing much about AJ(because there's not much to know about), I would imagine he might get up a little earlier in the morning than RJ.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Samphin1
                • Mar 2004

Wow, I never thought I would see the day that Bills fans were sticking up for Rob Johnson. Hey I have an idea, why not go find Drew Bledsoe and thank him for all the wonderful things he did for Buffalo as well.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Samphin1
                  Wow, I never thought I would see the day that Bills fans were sticking up for Rob Johnson. Hey I have an idea, why not go find Drew Bledsoe and thank him for all the wonderful things he did for Buffalo as well.
                  Read the thread, dork. We're objectively discussing that he is/was better than your starting QB. As usual, the joke's on you.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Samphin1
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
                    Read the thread, dork. We're objectively discussing that he is/was better than your starting QB. As usual, the joke's on you.

Ok, the namecalling was uncalled for, but since you started it, I understand the point of the thread dork, it just seems completely funny to me that any self respecting bills fan would ever be on Rob Johnson's side on anything. It goes to show your bias. As usual, you are life's joke.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                      • Mar 2005

Ok, the namecalling was uncalled for, but since you started it, I understand the point of the thread dork, it just seems completely funny to me that any self respecting bills fan would ever be on Rob Johnson's side on anything. It goes to show your bias. As usual, you are life's joke.
                      Who's being biased? As I mentioned, we're objectively comparing Rob Johnson to AJ Feeley. Tell me how AJ's better? Take off Zach Thomas' jock strap, wipe away Jason Taylor's eyeliner, shed Olindo Mare's panty hose, and analyze it OBJECTIVELY. Maybe I'm wrong but prove it.

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

The double standards sometimes, huh?

As for Feeley, we'll see. I think he sucks a big one, but it's too early to confirm that.

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
                          Who's being biased? As I mentioned, we're objectively comparing Rob Johnson to AJ Feeley. Tell me how AJ's better? Take off Zach Thomas' jock strap, wipe away Jason Taylor's eyeliner, shed Olindo Mare's panty hose, and analyze it OBJECTIVELY. Maybe I'm wrong but prove it.

Ok, I will give you one thing you are right about. I firmly believe that Olindo Mare wears pantyhose. It just so happens he can kick in pantyhose hwile "manly man" Lindell can't.

As for comparing Johnson and Feeley. There is way too little of a sample size to start lumping Feeley into the failed QB's of Buffalo list ( In which there are plenty ). Feeley has started a handful of games. Rob Johnson suckedor was injured consistantly for years. If Feeley blows this season under better coaching, o-line play and running back play, then I will say he sucks. Until then, he deserves to be given more credit than the Rob Johnson's of the world.

Take away Henry's rapee, wipe away that 0 for the 70's record against the fins, shed the inevitable holdout of Willis and analyze it OBJECTIVELY. Maybe I;m wrong but prove it. See I can type tough too.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                            Sounds good to me. However, can we honestly say that Feeley even has the athletic ability that Johnson possessed? in which case one could argue that Feeley sucks worse than Rob Johnson.

By the way Crisis, I am wondering if there is any difference between a Dirty Sanchez and a Filthy Sanchez, and...how did you ever manage to give yourself one? Yikes!
                            Yeah, I was going to say that I think Rob Johnson was at least a superior athlete to AJ. I'm pretty sure he was bigger, stronger, faster, and had a better arm then AJ.

The bone-headed plays and total lack of leadership ability seems like a good comparison though.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                              • Mar 2005

Ok, I will give you one thing you are right about. I firmly believe that Olindo Mare wears pantyhose. It just so happens he can kick in pantyhose hwile "manly man" Lindell can't.

As for comparing Johnson and Feeley. There is way too little of a sample size to start lumping Feeley into the failed QB's of Buffalo list ( In which there are plenty ). Feeley has started a handful of games. Rob Johnson suckedor was injured consistantly for years. If Feeley blows this season under better coaching, o-line play and running back play, then I will say he sucks. Until then, he deserves to be given more credit than the Rob Johnson's of the world.

Take away Henry's rapee, wipe away that 0 for the 70's record against the fins, shed the inevitable holdout of Willis and analyze it OBJECTIVELY. Maybe I;m wrong but prove it. See I can type tough too.
                              That is tough typing.... for a 'Phins fan. Now take all that typing and either answer the question or make a point.

Comment

Working...
                              X