• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

PFW's Take on AFCE

Buffalo

Good: Losman impressing teammates with tireless work ethic

Word from Bills country is that QB J.P. Losman has been hard at work, preparing for his role as Drew Bledsoe’s successor since early February, and he has made great strides as he enters his first season as an NFL starter. Losman has impressed QB coach Sam Wyche with his ability and willingness to learn, and he has impressed teammates with his knowledge of the offense and leadership qualities.

Holbrook’s take: This all sounds like great news for the Bills, but the fact of the matter is that it’s one thing to quarterback in the film room and on the practice field and an entirely different thing to quarterback vs. opponents who want to knock your head off. I really think Losman will be a cross between Steelers rookie Ben Roethlisberger and Bengals second-year starter Carson Palmer. The game plans won’t ask too much of him, and he will make some mistakes here and there. But the Bills have assembled a solid team around him, and Losman’s mobility and skills are a better fit for this offense than Bledsoe’s were.

Bad: Bills still searching for trade partner for disgruntled RB Henry

Rumors abound that Jacksonville and Tennessee have shown interest in trading for Bills RB Travis Henry, who is on record as saying he no longer wants to play in Buffalo and serve as a backup to Willis McGahee, despite having one season left on his contract.

Holbrook’s take: I’ll be shocked if Henry isn’t traded before the season starts. The Bills have held firm to their asking price of a third-round draft pick for Henry. When you consider that the Dolphins paid a third-round pick for Rams backup Lamar Gordon last summer, that doesn’t seem like too steep of a price. Henry has rushed for more than 1,300 yards twice and is just 26. Both the Jaguars and Titans would be great homes for Henry, a tough, hardworking back who’s willing to play hurt and help the team any way possible. Who knows? Maybe another team loses a running back to injury in the preseason and comes calling. It’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

I'd like to see a trade involving Henry as much as the next Bills fan, but I think I may be overhyped by the national media as a reason to downgrade the Bills. Maybe it will be a distraction for the team, but I'm thinking they won't be paying too much attention to it.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

and he has impressed teammates with his "KNOWLEDGE OF THE OFFENSE"

my favorite part.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Holbrook’s take: I’ll be shocked if Henry isn’t traded before the season starts. The Bills have held firm to their asking price of a third-round draft pick for Henry. When you consider that the Dolphins paid a third-round pick for Rams backup Lamar Gordon last summer, that doesn’t seem like too steep of a price.
        http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...rook062105.htm
        Henry and his agent have acted like spoiled children rather than making the best of a bad situation and has hurt his worth both in terms of trade and in terms of a new contract so situation is different.

Besides the GM who made that deal was fired which implies it was a bad deal.

Conditional 4th is all Henry is worth at this point although I think the Bills ought to put him on 'non-reporting list' which would make him ineligible to play for a year and reserve his rights for next year. Bills lose a little value in deflation on Henry but teach a BIG lesson to Willis.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
          I'd like to see a trade involving Henry as much as the next Bills fan, but I think I may be overhyped by the national media as a reason to downgrade the Bills. Maybe it will be a distraction for the team, but I'm thinking they won't be paying too much attention to it.
          Agreed. As long as Willis runs well I doubt it will effect the teams performance in anyway.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

I had no idea that Pennington had surgery on his throwing shoulder and hasn't really been able to practice. It doesn't sound like it'll be a problem, but that can't be too comforting for Jet fans. I also forgot that Abraham and Seymour have both been threatening to hold out. Seems like everyone has some player issues.

Comment

• chevyjayce
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ed
              I had no idea that Pennington had surgery on his throwing shoulder and hasn't really been able to practice. It doesn't sound like it'll be a problem, but that can't be too comforting for Jet fans.
              He had to get his rotator cuff fixed from when the "D" broke him in the 2nd Bills Jets game. I forget exactly, but he was scrambling and I think it was Big Pat that tackled him driving him into the ground with all his wait. Personally I thought that it was great. I can't stand Pennington.

Comment

• Decadeofthe90's
                • Sep 2004

It was Fletch who laid the smack down on his candy ass...........

Comment

• ExWNYer
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                  Henry and his agent have acted like spoiled children rather than making the best of a bad situation and has hurt his worth both in terms of trade and in terms of a new contract so situation is different.

Besides the GM who made that deal was fired which implies it was a bad deal.

Conditional 4th is all Henry is worth at this point although I think the Bills ought to put him on 'non-reporting list' which would make him ineligible to play for a year and reserve his rights for next year. Bills lose a little value in deflation on Henry but teach a BIG lesson to Willis.
                  You're exactly right, Glenn. Had they approached this situation in a professional manner, chances are Henry would already be somewhere else. It's easy to understand their frustration but, by acting the way they have, they've hurt his reputation and thereby devalued him. Plus, they've totally underestimated the FA RB market. TH (and his agent) should keep it zipped and tow the company line. It will only serve to further their cause and he'll be moved, per his wishes.
                  "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

Working...
                  X