X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Steelers games just got slightly less annoying

Myron Cope, whose screechy-voiced antics and towel-waving enthusiasm became nationally known during the Pittsburgh Steelers' string of Super Bowl championships in the 1970s, is retiring after 35 years as a team announcer.http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/du...s/11949913.htm

Sad that he has the health problems but living in an area filled with Steelers fans, God did I ever hate his voice
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

I second that. I hate the stillers and I hate Myron Cope. I would love to suffocate him with his f***ing terrible towel.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Myron Cope rules.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Talk about a homer. . .
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

I loved listening to the guy, he was a classic.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

They love that guy down there.

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              They love that guy down there.
              Just like we loved Van the Man!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                Myron Cope rules.
                What's with the glowing eyes with you and thurminator...you guys have something going on that you want to tell us about?

Reach for the stars

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I shared an elevator with him in Buffalo the last game of the year. All the Steelers fans were going crazy. I was just like who's this old dude. He was hillarious during the Fins vs Steelers Hurricaine game though.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    I loved listening to the guy, he was a classic.
                    Originally posted by HAMMER
                    Just like we loved Van the Man!
                    Agreed.

Say what you will, he was the voice of the steelers just like van was for the bills. I can't diss a guy who worked for 35 years to establish himself as a beloved broadcaster (in his region). I'm sure there are non bills fans who hated van and cheered when he retired, and I say the same to them. Give respect where it's due - they grew up with the NFL and helped shape their respective franchises by giving fans a consistent personality to grow attached to. I doubt you will see people last that long anymore.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

I liked Myron. He is part of NFL football and part of history. He was the voice of Pittsburgh football. There was no mistaking that voice. I will miss him
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Big deal. It's not like he's dead or anything.

I don't think people should be honored while they're still alive.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          Big deal. It's not like he's dead or anything.

I don't think people should be honored while they're still alive.
                          Yeah, they appreciate it a lot more when they're on the wrong side of the grass.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            Myron Cope, whose screechy-voiced antics and towel-waving enthusiasm became nationally known during the Pittsburgh Steelers' string of Super Bowl championships in the 1970s, is retiring after 35 years as a team announcer.http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/du...s/11949913.htm

Sad that he has the health problems but living in an area filled with Steelers fans, God did I ever hate his voice
                            Man he was annoying. I lived about an hour from pittsburgh when in high school and got Pittsburgh TV stations and Cope. His voice is right up there with Gilbert Godfried

Comment

Working...
                            X