X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Veteran QB Matthews Understands Role

It would have been easy for Shane Matthews to call it quits after last season. After all, the quarterback nearly decided to do just that before the Bills gave him a call shortly before the season began. But after considering all of the possibilities, and the potential for all that the Bills have to offer this season, the decision wasn't really that difficult for Matthews after all.http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3234
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
    It would have been easy for Shane Matthews to call it quits after last season. After all, the quarterback nearly decided to do just that before the Bills gave him a call shortly before the season began. But after considering all of the possibilities, and the potential for all that the Bills have to offer this season, the decision wasn't really that difficult for Matthews after all.http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3234
    Great article, glad that he is content being #3... I feel better knowing he is there at #3.

Something that struck me though. One of the last few lines of the story mentioned it being hot in buffalo, and he would rather be hot than cold.

What happened to the players that preferred a snowy sunday afternoon, to a heat wave? Are we losing our home field advantage if these guys don't like the snow?

Back in the day, our players used to be as excited to see snow on sunday as the fans were... is that still the case do you think?

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

maybe the fact that winter didn't seem to want to end this time made him say that?
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Pride
        Great article, glad that he is content being #3... I feel better knowing he is there at #3.

Something that struck me though. One of the last few lines of the story mentioned it being hot in buffalo, and he would rather be hot than cold.

What happened to the players that preferred a snowy sunday afternoon, to a heat wave? Are we losing our home field advantage if these guys don't like the snow?

Back in the day, our players used to be as excited to see snow on sunday as the fans were... is that still the case do you think?
        Hey it's getting colder and colder..a lot of your players are from the south, i.e. McGee, do you really think he loves the cold? They're being honest. The cold will always be one of your advantages because your guys practice in it. Other teams still have to adjust for that weekend...won't work..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Pride

I definitely think it's still the case. But, and this is a huge but (bigger than Sam Adams'), only if they're winning. Walking away from the Ralph on a cold January day after a win is priceless. The weather becomes a common bond between the players, fans, and city. Walking away after a loss in January???.... Run to the car and pound a couple of Genny's to deal with that noise.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

Working...
          X