• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    shelby's big brother
    • Jul 2002

Mentaility of A Bills "Fan"

Bills lose = QB's fault

I do not understand everyone blasting Bledsoe the last few weeks. Obviously he is not playing as well as early in the year but lets consider a few things.

1. Schedule has been tougher
    2. Weather has been ugly (SD and GB games).

I am not making excuses for his interceptions or turnovers but Bills fans seem to forget there are 53 guys on this team.
    If the QB struggles then Henry needs to step up or god forbid we get a defensive or ST score.

It was the same thing last year with RJ, no matter how bad the rest of the team played, it was RJ's fault if we lost.
    This year it sounds the same when you read all the rants on these boards.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Good post Scott!

People like to Bash the easiest target sometimes. Coaches, the QB. It's too easy.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

It's something that's been done for years. The QB and coaches get all the credit and blame in the eyes of many.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Re: Mentaility of A Bills "Fan"

Originally posted by Scott

It was the same thing last year with RJ, no matter how bad the rest of the team played, it was RJ's fault if we lost.
        This year it sounds the same when you read all the rants on these boards.
        It usually was RJs fault when we lost. And today it was Drew Bledsoe's fault. Granted its usually been the "D" fault that we lost but not this week.

I see too much Rob Johnson in Drew Bledsoe. They even have the same sucky #11.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the Bills will never win a Super Bowl with Drew at QB. Unless we get a top 5 defense again.

Comment

• Dudly Do-Right

I'll go out on a limb and say we'll never win a SB unless we have a top 10 Defense

Comment

• Marcos20
            • Oct 2002

There no excuses for a loss, a loss is a loss and no more
            Si me pueden entender:

"Aguante la Bersuit krajo , E-Moulds el WR +kpo

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Usually I agree with you scott but today Bledsoe was pathetic throwing to green jerseys and dropping the ball on the ground. I'm sorry but there is no excuse for his extreemly poor play today when a playoff spot may have been on the line. I honestly think he is either injured and not saying anything or he threw the ball too much this season and he doesn't have any steem left in the arm.

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

i see that KG tried for a balanced offensive attack...but throwing the ball was not working. i don't blame Drew for the loss. He made some mistakes, but all in all the commitment to the run was lacking....which is not Drew's fault. Until Bledsoe is given complete control over play calling, the failure of our offense will always rest on the OC in the final analysis.

Comment

• BigDoug
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Yeah, blame Drew for the loss...5 turnovers means you aren't performing, no matter what the play call was.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

well.. i think that people are blaming drew today because he turned the ball over 4 times today.. one in the endzone.. it seems to me that the defense MORE than did their job.. and had it not been for a bad call.. we would have won the game on a defensive td..
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

At leats in this game, it's difficult not to blame Drew personally for the loss. He took some horrendous rookie sacks. He threw 2 picks, stupid ones, fumbled 4 times, losing 3 of them, knocked us out of FG range personally by not throwing the ball away, the same thing that RJ was knocked for. Was 13 of 29 prior to the last drive vs. a prevent D giving away yards like Santa. Tossed a key INT at the G.B. 4 and was sacked at the G.B. 15 to put Hollis out too far to make a FG in that wind. Took a sack and fumbled to put G.B. at our own 39 and set them up for their first and only TD to ice the game.

I don't think there were too many worse QB performances this year, and certainly not by high profile QBs. I would agree on some other games, but the single largest factor in us losing today was Drew himself, personally.

He made some horrible decisions and throws all day long. By my count he made at least 8 deep throws and not one single one of them hit. This O, and I blame Gilbride first, has not patience. We go for broke FAR too often. We need to learn to take as much time off of hte clock as we can while scoring. We had 12:20 ToP in the first half largely b/c we couldn't keep a drive going.

Nothing was working today but Drew made 5 times the errors of anyone else. Even Henry's fumble turned out to be inconsequential as we got the ball right back 4 plays later.

We have to chalk this one up to Drew, or at least the brunt of it.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X