Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dudly Do-Right

What is our number one draft need?

Now that playoff talk is history, we can talk about more relevant topics.

What postion is our number one draft priority? CB? Safety? LB? DE? DT?
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Since the Bills don't have a #1 pick. I say draft the best player available regardless of which position he plays.

Can always go to the Free Agent market to fill in other holes.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

It isn't CB with Antoine, Nate, Kevin Thomas, and Bostic returning
      Our Safeties need to grow and get past their mistakes. Coy Wire was just a rookie this year and if Pierson can't cut it at FS, we have Tony Driver waiting in the wings.
      LB has great talent...on paper. Newman can still be good is used properly...Fletcher has improved as the season has gone on.....but Eddie Robinson should be replaced. As far as LB depth, Polk, Favors, and Spoon are the only ones who have shown they can perform and Spoon will be coming off an injury so we need some help there.
      DE has a little bit of talent with Schobel and Ahanotu as well as Marcus Jones coming in next year.
      DT seems to still be our weakest position...something that I've been hoping to see a top draft pick put into since the 2001 draft. Williams is proven but behind him are Justin Bannan and Ron Edwards (Tyrone Robertson shouldn't even be talked about...the schmuck) and neither one of them have shown yet that they can hold the UT job down as it should be.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Marcos20
        • Oct 2002

DT!!!!!!!!
        Si me pueden entender:

"Aguante la Bersuit krajo , E-Moulds el WR +kpo

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

I say LB cause besides Fletcher, Spoon the rest stink
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

I agree with TD about drafting the best player available.
            However, as far as the Bills biggest need, I think LB ... LBs should be the main playmakers in any defense and I think only LF has the ability to make big plays. Maybe Newman can return to what he was a few years ago, but nothing I saw this year led me to believe that he can be a playmaker in the future. A guy like Rosevelt Colvin would be an amazing fit I think ... Takeo Spikes is gonna garner all the interest next year, and maybe we can get RC on the cheap.

Comment

• clumping platelets

#1 Draft Need????

Depends on what TD does in FA! Since we are lacking a #1, the draft should focus on creating depth and adding team speed, especially on special teams. Thus, they can basically pick ANY position except P

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i'm hoping that a stud LB slips in the draft.i think that the good D-linemen will be taken real quick.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                  • Sep 2002

We need:
                  Free agent DT (Hunt from GB)
                  Free agent LB (Spikes or Colvin)
                  Free agent DE (Vonnie Holiday)
                  Draft (2nd round) Best available outside LB - DJ williams or Boss Bailey would be nice.
                  Draft (3rd round) WR
                  Draft (4th round) QB Brad Banks (Iowa)
                  Draft 5th-7th Speed players that help Special teams.

This would make me one of the happiest guys in the world :)
                  For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

I agreee with TD..did i type that???

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Order of needs IMO:
                      1) WLB
                      2) DT
                      3) FS
                      4) WR/CB (depending if we still have PP)
                      5) TE (assuming we dont have JR)
                      6) DE (I feel pretty solid w/shobel, ahonotu, jones and all the youngsters, wouldnt mind seeing bruuuuuce back though)
                      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

I agree with TD about best available. As far as what typical said about VONNIE HALIDAY he had 1 sack before yesterday. He was playing for his cousin. Sorry no holiday cheer here!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

I think our biggest need is a big, physical DT w/ some speed if possible. That would be the single largest thing that we could do to improve an already improving D and put us in the top 5-10 Ds for next season.

WLB after that.

I don't think our chances are good of getting such a DT in the draft where it reportedly is a much weaker draft for DTs than it was last year.

Spikes would be nice, so would Hunt, but I don't see G.B. letting Hunt get away. Not sure their cap situation and who they'll cut however. Cincy has exactly the type of management to let Spikes go however.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Does anyone know of a listing of approximately how much it would cost in average salary to get some of the free agents next season? I don't really have any idea what the going rate is for LBs so its hard to say how important it is that we go after a Spikes or Colvin.

Comment

• Butch
                              • Jul 2002

I say drafting a LB is our biggest need. I would love for us to get Boss Bailey or E.J. Henderson but both of them probably won't be there in the middle of the second round, but you never know. I would prefer we get a DT and a DE in FA rather than draft another DT or DE where we already have a stockpile of young DL.
                              It's nice to have a real quarterback again.

Comment

Working...
                              X