• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Are the Buffalo Bills hungry?

An excerpt: "New starting quarterback J.P. Losman, one of his most dedicated players, is taking a well-deserved break after spending his entire offseason in Buffalo. Losman will be visiting family in California, but he's only taking the allotted two weeks of downtime before getting back to his preparation for the upcoming season. "I'm going to live it up a little with some family members that I haven't seen in a while, but then I'll get right back to it," said Losman.

Buffalo's quarterback believes the majority of his teammates will have the same approach.

"It's going to be good to have six weeks off and it'll be good to have a vacation, but we've worked so hard to this point," said Losman. "To let that slip would be horrible for our team and horrible in general. When we come back into camp we've just got to roll from there. We can't have any setbacks."

Even though the offense has made significant progress this spring with Losman under center, Mularkey issued a word of caution as the team closed out its spring workouts.
    "We're ahead of where we were last year (offensively)," said Mularkey, "but not to a point where we don't have to improve even more."

And that will be the team's aim come July 29 at St. John Fisher.

Even the defense, which has earned a No. 2 ranking in the league each of the last two years, isn't resting on its laurels.

"We've got to be better this year," said defensive captain London Fletcher.
    Bills Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes perhaps explained it best when asked why the team will be disciplined through its six weeks of downtime, even though the players are encouraged by what they accomplished this spring.

"Anybody looks good in shorts," said Spikes. "You really see what you've got when you put the pads on and have contact and one-on-one moves and fatigue becomes a factor. That's when you really see what you have."

And because that is an unknown until camp opens, Spikes feels his teammates will remain focused on their responsibilities between now and then."

So what do you think? Does it seem like they are hungry???
    I like what Mularkey said about them being ahead of where they were last year on offense!!! And I like that the defense isn't content with the status quo and being at #2!!!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I would think the veterans, many of whom have not been to the playoffs for several years, if ever (read: Spikes), would be very hungry. And frustrated, since we got so close last season.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jayhawk
      • Aug 2004

they'd better be.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
        • May 2004

They sound hungry to me, that's for sure. I think the team is in a good position to make a lot of improvement this year.

Only thing I have to say is that they damn well better be ahead of where they were last year.
        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

If they arent hungry, and even pissed after their last showing on the turf.... they all need to be fired!

To let 3rd stringers come into our house, push us around, in a meaningless game for them, when we had playoffs on the line... they should come out opening day extremely pissed off, looking for blood.

I know the crowd will be expecting it.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

I don't know if they are...

but I'm starving right now.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              If they arent hungry, and even pissed after their last showing on the turf.... they all need to be fired!

To let 3rd stringers come into our house, push us around, in a meaningless game for them, when we had playoffs on the line... they should come out opening day extremely pissed off, looking for blood.

www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

That was kind of surprising..I really thought you guys would be in the playoffs when I heard that team wasn't going to play many of it's starters..goes to the point of "any given sunday" doesn't it?

Reach for the stars

Comment

• chevyjayce
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I would think the veterans, many of whom have not been to the playoffs for several years, if ever (read: Spikes), would be very hungry. And frustrated, since we got so close last season.
                  About 10 days ago or so LF and TS were on NFL Network and they we saying what a bitter taste they still had from the steelers game and that they had something to prove. They certainly sounded hungry!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Not as hungry as the fans. If we don't make playoffs, I'll be asking for TD's head. Not even JP LOsman who's practically a rookie gives TD a pass.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

I think they have learned a lot from that game. Probably came out thinking they would just dominate no matter what and didn't play there best game and when the 3rd and 4th stringers started making some plays and getting confidence the momentum is tough to change once younger guys start believing in themselves yano.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

[QUOTEDoes it seem like they are hungry???[/QUOTE]

Sam Adams looks hungry.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

If we had won the Pitt game but not gotten into the playoffs I would have felt a little bad. Losing to Pitt's scrubs at home was, in my opinion, the biggest choke in Bills history and hurt like hell. At least some good came of it and we won't have to agonize over DB's crappy play. Now, what can Losman do? I have a good feeling, lot's of weapons.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                            [QUOTEDoes it seem like they are hungry???
                            Sam Adams looks hungry. [/QUOTE]

I second that motion..can't say I've ever seen him not look hungry..

Reach for the stars

Comment

Working...
                            X