X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAbills
    • Jul 2004

Bobby Taylor

Rumor has been circulating at bb.com and billsinsider that today on NFL radio Bobby Taylor said the bills where on his short list of teams to sign them, and billsinsider.com people are going as far as saying he is close to signing. Any thoughts on this...again this is a rumor that a supposedly a few people heard on NFL radio. Dont shoot the messenger.
    Lets Go Buffalo!
    Boiler Up!
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

If he signs with us that'd be hilarious. Miami fans wanted to bring him in and now they'll do a 180 and talk about how washed up and how much he sucks.

I'd bring him in for a short stint, just to give McGee another year to improve in the nickel.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

taylor and vincent left the eagles at the same time.. taylor got a big contract from the seahawks and got hurt, and never played up to the contract so they cut him.. he would be a huge asset as a 3rd cb. he could move to cover the outside guys (taylor is a big cb) and mcgee could move inside and cover the slot guys.. i would not be against this signing at all.. plus, miami doesnt get him.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills need to do some cap management before he can sign

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I am becoming more and more opposed to signing the older guys, at least at this point in time. It just seems that we have a ton of guys, especially on defense, who are either nearing 30, or are already in their 30s. I would rather we develop some of our younger players, rather than trying to get another year or two out of an aging veteran.

We already have Clements, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and a very good looking rookie in King at CB. We also have 2 or 3 promising UDFAs.

I guess if the Bills feel that Thomas or Greer will just never develop into a quality corner, or that Clements will walk after this season, that Taylor might be a good stopgap. But I would still rather see us get a little younger on D, rather than older.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

I wouldn't be against it at all. Let McGee stay on as the #2 but move him inside in the Nickel and let Taylor play out there. I think a good one year guy for us. Could help the D and the young guys. Maybe he is just insurance if Nate leaves

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Look, I have come to respect your numbers, BUT

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              Bills need to do some cap management before he can sign
              Saying that we cannot sign Taylor without making some moves is irresponsible. Is there a reason he cant be signed to the vet minimum with an incentive ladened contract?

Dont throw the rookie money at me because again, all those contracts can be structured to have minimum hit in year 1. and we have no first rounder

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I am becoming more and more opposed to signing the older guys, at least at this point in time. It just seems that we have a ton of guys, especially on defense, who are either nearing 30, or are already in their 30s. I would rather we develop some of our younger players, rather than trying to get another year or two out of an aging veteran.

We already have Clements, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and a very good looking rookie in King at CB. We also have 2 or 3 promising UDFAs.

I guess if the Bills feel that Thomas or Greer will just never develop into a quality corner, or that Clements will walk after this season, that Taylor might be a good stopgap. But I would still rather see us get a little younger on D, rather than older.
                I agree completely. The Bills have some talented young corners that have earned playing time.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by jp-era
                  Saying that we cannot sign Taylor without making some moves is irresponsible. Is there a reason he cant be signed to the vet minimum with an incentive ladened contract?

Dont throw the rookie money at me because again, all those contracts can be structured to have minimum hit in year 1. and we have no first rounder

My assumption is that he will not be signing a 1 yr deal for the minimum. Besides, in order to use the vets minimum exclusion, a player can only receive $25,000 TOTAL in bonuses for the salary cap year.

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

Could this mean that Big Mike's restructure has happened?

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                      I agree completely. The Bills have some talented young corners that have earned playing time.
                      young players need time to develop. If we sign Taylor , it's a sign that we are trying to win NOW and not in the future.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        • May 2004

No thanks, we need a DT much more than we need another CB. Unless there is a trade in the works for Clements, I don't want to see Taylor here.
                        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          young players need time to develop. If we sign Taylor , it's a sign that we are trying to win NOW and not in the future.
                          I'm the original "The future is now" guy. I'm getting too old to be able to wait many years for another Super Bowl appearance. I just feel we already have plenty of veterans on defense, and adding one more isn't necessary. Our D is outstanding, and already geared to win now.

If we add veterans, let's do it on offense, where we are somewhat younger, at least in certain areas.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            Could this mean that Big Mike's restructure has happened?

Not that I'm aware of

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I'm the original "The future is now" guy. I'm getting too old to be able to wait many years for another Super Bowl appearance. I just feel we already have plenty of veterans on defense, and adding one more isn't necessary. Our D is outstanding, and already geared to win now.

If we add veterans, let's do it on offense, where we are somewhat younger, at least in certain areas.
                              If he's better than what we have I'm all for taking him in while our younguns get better. I'm all for getting players that would make our O better , but who's out there?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X