PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe the way our D played today! Awful!

WG
12-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Once again, we were down by 3 points for most of the game. It's no wonder we threw so much...

:couch:

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 08:17 PM
:rofl:

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 08:23 PM
I think this stat says it better:

T. Henry 20/46 1 fumble

A. Green 26/116 0 fumbles

GB had blocking for the runner, we didn't. ;)

TacklingDummy
12-22-2002, 08:26 PM
14 of 15 games so far the Bills have played from behind. :)

WG
12-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Exactly! We were behind today, 3-0 as I stated.

I guess most teams play from behind by that standard, eh? Being down at any point in the game...

:rolleyes:

;)

Typ0
12-22-2002, 08:30 PM
I thought Henry started out strong today...then we ran eight plays, six passes and two punts. It goes back to the game situations and the play calling again. I'd rather have 20 rushes at the right time instead of 15 at the wrong time and 5 with a chance.

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 08:31 PM
WHen you only average 2.5 yards a carry, what do you expect the offense to do? :scratch:

That pitiful average won't get many first downs.

WG
12-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Yeah, and all of those bumbling sacks that seemed more like Harrington than a 10 season vet!

Those sacks were absolutley horrendous! Reprehensible!

The comment of the day that applies to Drew and all of his "yardage records":

Randy Cross: Paraphrased to the best of my recollection:

'You can move the ball all you want to. But that's only being busy. If you want to win, then you've got to score.'

That's the epitome of Drew. LOTS of yards, few scores, inconsistency. He's a "busy QB."

WG
12-22-2002, 08:35 PM
The whole O was off, but a lot of it hinged on the errors of the passing game. Two red zone attempts killed by Drew on an INT and a sack to take us out of FG range against the wind.

Dudly Do-Right
12-22-2002, 08:41 PM
LMAO!!! And I suppose Randy Cross is Mr. Expert? :rolleyes:

Football is a TEAM sport. It takes a TEAM effort to win games. Favre's numbers were hardly much better than Bledsoe's, but he had help from those around him and they won because of it.

Henry's lack of yardage compared to Green in almost the same number of carries speaks volumes about our O-line play. If we can't run block, how the hell can you expect to protect the QB? Throw in a few dropped passes at key times by our receivers and it becomes even harder to win.

WG
12-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Favre had nowhere near the INTs and near-INTs that Bledsoe had. He came up big when he had to and I don't think there's anyone who's ever watched the NFL who would compare Bledsoe to Favre.

Meanwhile, Bledsoe only sh** the bed and came up empty on big plays when he had to come up big and took us completely out of two perfectly golden red zone opps!

Patrick76777
12-22-2002, 09:36 PM
you're funny.......what about the Price drop?

Listen, he didn't play well today but his numbers were better then Favre's and if your going to start counting "almost Ints" as stats, that I just can't talk to you anymore.

BillsMan80
12-22-2002, 09:39 PM
The Price drop was just awful. How do you drop that pass. But that sack WAS INEXCUSABLE. Going against the wind, you CANNOT take a sack that will put any doubt in a FG oppurtunity. In those conditions, YOU MUST FIND A WAY to give Hollis an easier chance. That was a good kick by Hollis, but the wind took that all the way left. That is what happens when you have a QB that holds onto the ball for so long. That is INEXCUSABLE at this time of the year.

WG
12-22-2002, 09:52 PM
Forget the almost INTs, then. Although it would be nice if you didn't talk to me anymore. :D LOL

It was 1 error v. about 10 for Drew. Most key errors too, the sacks and all.

Same w/ the Henry fumble, same w/ anyone else.

Patrick76777
12-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Forget the almost INTs, then. Although it would be nice if you didn't talk to me anymore. :D LOL

Awww that's only because i'm so good at proving you wrong.

sorry, I don't use smiles but if I did, I'd have a big one right here.

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 10:08 PM
:lol: Here you go, Patrick :biggrin:

Typ0
12-22-2002, 10:19 PM
We turned the ball over six times today. The defense came up with a lot of stops and we turned the ball over six times.

honey
12-22-2002, 10:29 PM
I actually started Christmas shopping today, so didn't watch the game - had my kid tape it in anticipation of a win. We didn't win, didn't even score, so I'm not even going to watch it. Waste of time, IMO.

Having said that - I don't think Favre is the QB he used to be and I think Bledsoe, though he struggled today, deserves at least 2 years to prove himself in Buffalo. We gave RJ way more than that (oopsie, sorry about bringing that name up, but still.....). Next year will be better! I have a great feeling about it! :)

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Favre has been criticized in the past for the exact same thing that Bledsoe is being criticized for right now ... trying to win the game by himself, forcing the throw when it isn't there, using the pass to set up the run, etc.

Admittedly, they aren't the same style QB - Favre doesn't throw as nice of a ball as Bledsoe, Bledsoe doesn't throw outside the pocket nearly as well as Favre, but my points are that QB's get criticized whenever teams fail and any good QB tries to make the big play when his team is struggling.

Herdwatcher
12-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Once again, we were down by 3 points for most of the game. It's no wonder we threw so much...

:couch:

Henry has been running all over defenses lately. No way was Green Bay gonna be next. They came at Henry like a starving wolf pack. The O line wasn't prepared at all for it. That's why the Bills threw on first down backed up on their own 3 yard line. That usually ends up a run play. Playing it safe. The Bills knew it would of resulted in a safty the way Green Bay had been playing the run. Bledsow threw it to P.P getting a first down and breathing room.

LABillsFan
12-23-2002, 09:11 AM
This was a huge game for the D. But woh ran the D, Gray or GW?

LABillsFan
12-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know if GW ran the 46 D or the 4-4-3?

vabillsfan
12-23-2002, 11:43 AM
Sick. Just disgusting. I can't take the bandwagon any longer. Are we Bills fans or what? We love Drew, then we hate him. We hate Travis, then love him, then hate him again. Bledsoe sucks? Who would you rather have gang? I'm not happy that he hasn't played well but he didn't drop a pass at the 20. He wasn't responsible for fumbling on a blind sack that the line didn't cover. Sure, he should know better and throw it away at times but no one mentions when he does.

Here is what it comes down to for me. We lost. It was disappointing. But I will NOT dissect each and every play of the game to find the things that will prove me to be right. The team played, the team lost because they scored 10 and we scored zero. Everyone missed plays, add 'em up, and we lost.

You all take this way too seriously. Its a game for pete's sake. Unless you have serious gambling issues and are losing money, take a chill pill. 8-8 or 7-9 from 3-13 with almost no chance to win every week? Not bad.