PDA

View Full Version : Vonnie Holiday

Tatonka
12-22-2002, 08:46 PM
tell me you wouldnt take holiday after today..lol.. 5sacks on drew

i know one thing.. that guy just increased his offseason free agent value a ton with todays performance.. i wonder how much that 5 sack game was really worth.. i bet todays game makes him an extra 2-3 million easy

BTP
12-22-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure if you Bill fans caught this story yet but this may have had a little something to do with it:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20021222_BUF@GB

NFL.com wire reports

GREEN BAY, Wis. (Dec. 22, 2002) -- Vonnie Holliday's best day as a pro came after the worst night of his life.

Holliday set a team record by sacking Drew Bledsoe five times, forcing him to fumble on three of them, in Green Bay's 10-0 victory against the Buffalo Bills.

Thanks to Holliday, the Packers (12-3) are the league's only team to win all its home games this season.

His exceptional performance came less than 24 hours after his 16-year-old cousin died of a congenital heart defect.

"I know I have another angel looking down on me," said Holliday, who pointed toward the sky after each of his sacks. "I know today his presence was there and he gave me that extra push, that extra passion."

Holliday's cousin, Marcus Warren, died in Hilton Head, S.C., after collapsing during a high school basketball game.

"In our family we certainly thought he was the next superstar in basketball or football," said Holliday, who had to break the tragic news to a large group of extended family members who made their annual trek to Green Bay.

Holliday said he spent a sleepless night asking God, "Why?" and also praying for strength.

Holliday's first forced fumble led to Green Bay's only touchdown, and his last one ended Buffalo's hopes with 1:13 left and the Bills at the Green Bay 17.

He collapsed on the field, then again on the sideline, crying.

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Yep, BTP...It's on our front page ;)

BTP
12-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Yep, BTP...It's on our front page ;)

sorry I just have the MB booked marked not the front page :tomato:

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Just click on that button on the top of the page that says get in the zone

ct bills fan
12-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Where was holiday the rest of the year - only one sack coming into the Buffalo game (I think)??

kgun12
12-23-2002, 10:06 AM
Nice Holiday, but it comes only once a year!

Tatonka
12-23-2002, 10:42 AM
holiday was playing with a bad shoulder.. he took it off last week and played much better.. he also had another, ankle? i think.. but he has been banged up...

i still wouldnt mind having him for a reasonable price.. him or kgb.

Akhippo
12-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Id rather have KGB, hes been a monster all year. I dont know if hell leave though.

otto105
12-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Vinnie Holliday missed over half the season with a tricep tear.

Tatonka
12-23-2002, 04:36 PM
honestly, ithink holiday would be cheaper, and would like to have either really... kgb scares me, as in his production dropping off in a different defense, but he would be ideal for the "greg williams" defense.. much like a jason taylor type build and rusher.