X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

does anyone think that green fumbled?

it looked like a fumble to me.. it would seem like replay is there to correct bad calls, but it is not available on a call were the whistle is blown.. seems stupid to me..

it looked like the defense was gonna single handedly win the game for us ..

ps.. our two corners played super today.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Yes wuz fumble...refs strong like bull, dumb like streetcar

Comment

• Herdwatcher
      One out of many
      • Jul 2002

Sure.
      The turning point in the game for the Bills. Those are the calls of the NFL however screwed up they may be.
      Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Fumble all the way. Cost the game. Many things cost the game, but this was one.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Everyone except the Zebras thought it was a fumble.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
            • Jul 2002

I don't know why they have to be so damn quick to blow the whistle. WHen in question they should not blow the whistle and let the play finish. Then it can be reviewed and overturned if they were wrong.

BTW................CBS' replay sucked on that play. I can't believe they only had one camera angle.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Gregg Williams made a good point about why he was complaining to the official about the call after the game. He said the reason the instant replay is in place is so they can call that play a fumble instead of blowing it down and then throw the onus of the challenge on the offense. Otherwise a wrong play can't be corrected because the defense doesn't have a challenge. I'm not saying exactly what he said but I do remember thinking it was one of the most intelligent things I have heard him say.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                • Jul 2002

WoW..............GW making sense! There is hope for him yet!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                  I don't know why they have to be so damn quick to blow the whistle. WHen in question they should not blow the whistle and let the play finish. Then it can be reviewed and overturned if they were wrong.
                  I was thinking the same thing. There really was no reason to be quick on the whistle on that play.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Refs are a bunch of boneheads...plain and simple. I saw 3 such plays in different games today where the plays were unreviewable since the refs blew the whistle too soon.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

BTW, I think the NFL needs to pound that point home this offseason. Then take away the whistles from all these morons and give it to JUST the umpire so there's less of a chance of crap like that happening. Why do they ALL need whistles?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

Or they should review it after the game and if it turns out to be a mistake, they should make the ref eat the whistle.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

He hadn't taken two steps before the ball came out. That's why they didn't rule it a fumble. It qualified in all other ways, but in order for it to have been a catch to begin with, he would have had to have taken two steps that he didn't take. Randy Cross showed the replay at least twice and said the same thing. It was easy to see that he had only taken one step.

So it wasn't a bad call, rather a proper one.

Anyway, if our offense w/ 6 pro bowlers can't put up even 10 points then IMO we didn't deserve to win.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I saw two steps, possibly 3!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

Not after he had possession of the ball. It was a tricky replay, you had to look specifically at when he caught it. Cross even counted them once he had the ball and noted only one step.

No matter, hey, if we can't put any points on the board otherwise, like I said, I'm certainly not gonna blame the refs. There's no way on earth that we deserved to win this game based on the shoddy way that our offense played and the completely undisciplined manner in which Drew played personally. Three trips to the red zone all ruined by him on 1 INT and 2 sacks, coupled with 4 other sacks, 4 of the 6 on 3rd downs, and several of them that were so obvious as to be obvious to the TV viewer and still Drew couldn't throw the ball away. Shades of RJ for sure. Reuben Brown let his man go thru on the one that ended the game.

I still think we could have kicked either a FG or scored a TD and had a GREAT chance to win the game w/ an onside kick in that weather.

Oh well. The question is what are they going to do next week. I think they should try some of the "bubble" players and some of the young rookies and second year guys. Let Travis Brown start to see how well he plays. We obviously have to keep Drew for next year, but if he starts off next season the way he's finished this one, I bench him for Brown or whoever our other QB is and cut his arse at the end of the season. If all we're gonna get out of him from now on is 1 TD/game and an equal # of INTs, then we cna get that just about anytime, anywhere. We didn't need to swap a 1st rounder for it. Chandler and Van Pelt could have done that.

I'd like to see Brown and Burns start next week. Same OL and WRs.
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X