Is Gray the Coordinator We Really Want to Get Rid Of???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsMan80
    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
    • Jul 2002

Is Gray the Coordinator We Really Want to Get Rid Of???

Jerry is having his defense step up big time. If you notice, the defense is playing well, and playing with a LOT more emotion and pride. The defense makes the plays when they need to be made right now, and they are fiery. The offense is sluggish, and going through the motions, and not executing. What coordinator do we want to let go right now?
    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

I'm with ya!

Just wait until we have even half the talent on D that we have on O!

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsMan80
      Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
      • Jul 2002

It just seems like the Offense was resting on their laurels, having been so good the first half of the year, and has just decided to take the 2nd half of the year off, while the defense needed time to gel, and now that it's gelling, we are seeing an attacking, oppurtunistic defense, that just needs experience. Jerry Gray is really changing my mind. He is doing a terrific job of molding these guys into a solid unit.
      The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
      THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm really glad his D had a good game. I was afraid that he was going to get canned based on fan/media opinion. Our D has allowed less than 19 PPG over our last 9 games. We can't ask for more than that w/ the crew we have and only a mediocre DL.

The thing about the O is that Drew has gradually tapered off over the entire season. Why is beyond me. But his average QB Rating in groups of 5 games as the season went on were:

That's not good no matter how you slice it. Not with the talent we have on O. I'd say the weather was only a factor in 3 games and he did well in one of them.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

I don't think we need to get rid of either personally.

Its funny, KG was fired only a couple years ago for his inability to generate a passing offense and sticking with the run too much (Steelers after having the Bus lead the league in carries I believe) and now everyone wants him out of Buffalo because he doesn't stick with the run and doesn't adapt to what the defenses are giving him.

IMO, KG is a brilliant OC. I don't think the offense played well in the second half, however, I also think that's more just a string of bad luck/off days as opposed to being a lack of coaching. We'll see if I'm correct.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

It just seemed like everyone on the O was on different pages. Bledsoe missed some open receivers and made bad throws. Then he throws a few right on the money and they drop the ball or give up on the route. The line was bad in both pass and run blocking. Henry had nowhere to go.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Whoever our line coach is for the offense, needs to go. Our pass protection has been lousy all year and our run blocking has been mediocre too many times to mention.

We have way too much talent for Drew to be pressured like he was in most games.

Comment

• JayWood
                The Professor
                • Jul 2002

I was for getting rid of JG, but if he is the one still calling the defensive plays than i really like what he has done with this group over the last month. Maybe this defensive system really is that complicated that it took the players almost the entire season to understand it. Add a few more big name players through FA and this defense is going to be really good. If any thing the OL coach, and even Gilbride needs to be evaluated when the season comes to an end.
                When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

I like our OL coach. I think JJ did well with the move to the left side. I think MW did better than expected on the right side. Marques Sullivan was beyond expecatations as a first-time guard.

I think the biggest problem with the OL was that it was Teague's first year as a centre and as a result, he was confused by a lot of the rushes the other teams defenses used and didn't call the right blocking schemes on the line. I think given more experience and an offseason to learn the job instead of having to spend all his time gearing up for the next opponent will help him make better calls next year.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

It's not like Green Bay actually provided a strategic challenge. They called a very conservative game that didn't exactly push the envelope. I'd be careful calling Grey a genius for that game.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by HenryRules

I think the biggest problem with the OL was that it was Teague's first year as a centre and as a result, he was confused by a lot of the rushes the other teams defenses used and didn't call the right blocking schemes on the line. I think given more experience and an offseason to learn the job instead of having to spend all his time gearing up for the next opponent will help him make better calls next year.

I'll go along with that. Center is probably the hardest position, after QB, on the team. Considering Teague hadn't played center since college and only had half of training camp to learn it, he gets a "get out of jail free card"

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

with what Gray has to work with I think he has done a very well job
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                        X