Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

A JP Losman predraft article...

www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Well I'm not sure I'd want my division rivals reading this little write up:

"Let the debate begin Part II. Described as arrogant, egotistical and not as good as his own hype, Jonathan “J.P” Losman, a UCLA transfer, isn’t the bad guy that the media has him portrayed to be. Far from it. He’s cocksure. But to most head coaches, that’s not a huge problem . Give me someone who’s cocky over someone with the baggage of a Terrell Owens. And, with JP’s upside, you’d be hard pushed not to want to brag every now and again. A cannon for an arm and super tough, he is a boom or bust type that might be 3 seasons away from starting. But with the right nurturing, he could be special.

Athletic and possessing great leadership qualities, J.P has had back to back strong seasons with the Green Wave and is a strong contender to go late in Round 1, not unlike the man who he sat behind in New Orleans, Patrick Ramsey. Losman makes all the throws, stepping into his passes well, displaying good footwork and ball carriage. He does have a small crank in his delivery which slows the motion slightly and bears watching. There is also concern about his tendency to put too much on passes at times and his tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket. At the next level, Losman will give up costly picks and needless sacks if he doesn’t correct this. He also needs to do a better job with seeing the field and reading the defense. Too often he tries to get by with his athletic ability. In the NFL that simply won’t work".

All the BS about how great PJ will be, you guy's love blowing your own horns. BTW this article was obviously written before he was drafted so it's impossible to play the bias card. I'm even less worried about PJ then I was before I read this. And to think I thought enough of PJ to think he could start for my sons HS team, well I guess thats out the window. Have a great season.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
      Yeah, funny how that works. If he was playing for Miami, feelthestain would be saying he's the next coming of Marino.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
        Well I'm not sure I'd want my division rivals reading this little write up:

"Let the debate begin Part II. Described as arrogant, egotistical and not as good as his own hype, Jonathan “J.P” Losman, a UCLA transfer, isn’t the bad guy that the media has him portrayed to be. Far from it. He’s cocksure. But to most head coaches, that’s not a huge problem . Give me someone who’s cocky over someone with the baggage of a Terrell Owens. And, with JP’s upside, you’d be hard pushed not to want to brag every now and again. A cannon for an arm and super tough, he is a boom or bust type that might be 3 seasons away from starting. But with the right nurturing, he could be special.

Athletic and possessing great leadership qualities, J.P has had back to back strong seasons with the Green Wave and is a strong contender to go late in Round 1, not unlike the man who he sat behind in New Orleans, Patrick Ramsey. Losman makes all the throws, stepping into his passes well, displaying good footwork and ball carriage. He does have a small crank in his delivery which slows the motion slightly and bears watching. There is also concern about his tendency to put too much on passes at times and his tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket. At the next level, Losman will give up costly picks and needless sacks if he doesn’t correct this. He also needs to do a better job with seeing the field and reading the defense. Too often he tries to get by with his athletic ability. In the NFL that simply won’t work".

All the BS about how great PJ will be, you guy's love blowing your own horns. BTW this article was obviously written before he was drafted so it's impossible to play the bias card. I'm even less worried about PJ then I was before I read this. And to think I thought enough of PJ to think he could start for my sons HS team, well I guess thats out the window. Have a great season.
        Big deal, all players coming out of college have to work on their game. And I like how you only focused on the negatives of the article. Nevemind the "cannon arm" and the "athletic and possessing great leadership qualities" comments. You choose to focus on the negatives only. What ever you have to do to ease your fears. Man, I just wish Buffalo could have traded a second rounder for Philly's 3rd string QB. When Feeleys QB rating actually jumps above 65, let me know. Until the, shut it!
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
          Big deal, all players coming out of college have to work on their game. And I like how you only focused on the negatives of the article.
          Well well well, welcome to my world, hows it feel to have all of PJ's weaknesess exploited and focused on. Gee, sorta like listening to the Jilly's describe Feeley. How bout that an article not written to praise your self proclaimed prodigy. Looks like us fin fans aren't the only ones who have reservations about the
          "cocksure"!!!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

he is a boom or bust type that might be 3 seasons away from starting

Sam Wyche obviously thinks he's ready - but what the hell does Sam Wyche know about the QB position? I'll be banking on boom.

He does have a small crank in his delivery which slows the motion slightly and bears watching. (big deal) There is also concern about his tendency to put too much on passes at times (if you've ever played football and ran a route - a pass that has too much under it is a lot less likely to get intercepted then one that doesn't have enough on it) and his tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket (name one quarterback in the NFL that hasn't gone through phases of holding on to the ball too long). At the next level, Losman will give up costly picks and needless sacks if he doesn’t correct this (won't be as many sacks as Bledsoe gave up and you know this). He also needs to do a better job with seeing the field and reading the defense (Again, I'm sure Sam Wyche will take notice of this during preseason if he's still having these troubles). Too often he tries to get by with his athletic ability. In the NFL that simply won’t work (Hmmm... Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Drew Brees, Chad Pennington, Rich Gannon, young brett Favre, Doug Flutie - every quarterback will have to scramble from time to time... at least he'll have the speed to pick up yards that a lot of other qbs wouldn't have been fast enough to get).

I'm tired of hearing him being likened to the next Brett Favre or John Elway.

He's gonna make his own name and it's Johnathan Paul (or JP) Losman. And he's going to get us a couple of superbowls - maybe even three.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• CAbills
              • Jul 2004

An article that says JP isnt perfect WHAT!!! Someone pass the coolaid.
              Lets Go Buffalo!
              Boiler Up!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

This is a fairly positive article, particularly since it was written before the 2004 draft. Obviously, ftp is worried about our kickin' Dolphin butt all over the field, or he wouldn't try so hard to turn everything positive about the Bills into something negative.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Well well well, welcome to my world, hows it feel to have all of PJ's weaknesess exploited and focused on. Gee, sorta like listening to the Jilly's describe Feeley. How bout that an article not written to praise your self proclaimed prodigy. Looks like us fin fans aren't the only ones who have reservations about the
                  "cocksure"!!!
                  JP not PJ.

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    JP not PJ.
                    :snicker2:

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      This is a fairly positive article, particularly since it was written before the 2004 draft. Obviously, ftp is worried about our kickin' Dolphin butt all over the field, or he wouldn't try so hard to turn everything positive about the Bills into something negative.
                      Oh OK, then you jill fans must be scared of the fins because erything you write about the fins is negative. Particularly Feeley!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Oh OK, then you jill fans must be scared of the fins because erything you write about the fins is negative. Particularly Feeley!!
                        The only difference is you really don't know what to expect from JP or how he will do. And the reason the Bills believe he will be a success is b'cse our offense doesn't revolve around JP and won't put a heavy amt of pressure on him. Our offense revolves around WM. You are *REALLY* hoping and praying that he is a bust. We, on the other hand, have seen what Feeley can do...and we're not overly impressesed at all!

Comment

• ryven
                          • Jan 2003

Theres a difference what we write about feely is proven fact what you write about JP is speculation.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                            • Sep 2003

The QB rankings from the 2001 qb draft class! Just look at the names above feeley!

1. Michael Vick Virginia Tech Falcons 1 1 9.31
                            2. Drew Brees Purdue Chargers 2 32 8.94
                            3. Chris Weinke Florida St. Panthers 4 106 7.75
                            4. Quincy Carter * Georgia Cowboys 2 53 6.64
                            5. Mike McMahon Rutgers Lions 5 149 6.39
                            6. Josh Heupel Oklahoma Dolphins 6 177 6.09
                            7. Marques Tuiasosopo Washington Raiders 2 59 6.07
                            8. Jesse Palmer Florida Giants 4 125 5.90
                            9. Sage Rosenfels Iowa St. Redskins 4 109 5.64
                            10. David Rivers Western Carolina 5.52
                            11. Josh Booty * LSU Seahawks 6 172 5.11
                            12. Tim Hasselbeck Boston College 4.65
                            13. Jason McKinley Houston 4.36
                            14. Ben Leard Auburn 4.16
                            15. Rashard Casey Penn St. 3.81
                            16. A.J. Feeley Oregon Eagles 5 155 3.33

Comment

• ryven
                              • Jan 2003

I pos reped everyone hear except FTP he got neg rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X