PDA

View Full Version : My take

Patrick76777
12-22-2002, 09:59 PM
I’ll make this quick because I want to go to bed. I will never be one to be happy with a loss. That being said, that game today fills me with hope for next year. Now I know that many fans are calling for the head of the coaches, QB’s and GM’s, but like I said before, that’s always going to happen. I remember going to a game against the Saints back in 1989. The weather was terrible and Jim Kelly had one of the worst games of his career. I remember how mad I was. I wanted that guy on the first bus out of town. Well he turned out to have 4 pretty special years in a row after that season. The point is that sure Drew has had two bad games, but if you think about it, both games were in terrible weather conditions. And although not by much, his stats were better then those of Breese and Favre in both games. I don’t want this post to turn into an I Love Drew Bledsoe rant so I’ll continue.

So what did I like from this game. Easy! We went into Green Bay, in some terrible weather, and we punched them square in the face. We hung with them for 4 quarters and took everything they had and if a few things go our way, we come out of there with a win. What if Price catches that pass that was right in his hands, what if that ref didn’t have his head up his a$$ and noticed that Green fumbled? To me, this game shows that we are close! Very close. We have a ton of money under the cap. We’re going to reinforce that defensive line, and we are going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. I have all the faith in the world in TD and TM. They’ll have another wonderful off-season and we’ll be on our way.

As for the QB, Save your breath! Drew Bledsoe isn’t going anywhere! This guy threw for over 4000 yards this year. We’re not going to replace him with anybody that’s going to do any better.

This team will have at least 10 wins next year.

The_Philster
12-22-2002, 10:02 PM
:up:

HenryRules
12-22-2002, 10:04 PM
I agree about the optimism Patrick ... although I have a big-time OLB a la Colvin or Spikes on my wish list before help on the DL. I think an OLB that can tackle guys going to the outside and force them inside will help our rush D as much as inside help, and at the same time, both those guys can make the big play as well, something that DT's rarely do.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2002, 10:04 PM
Somebody is thinking straight for all of us. Totally agreed. Thanks Patrick! :)

colin
12-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Patrick is a good fan. Sometimes I am not, but I agree with his statements.