USA Today ranks DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I'm a little surprised that Schobel isn't in the top 25 at DE, but not at all surprised that the overrated Fat Pat didn't make the list at DT. I think many of us overvalue Williams, as did the Vikes.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

I would say we overrated him. He was about as solid a DT as we could have hoped for. In 03 and 04 he had 83 and 81 tackles as a DT. That is unbelievable for a DT. Not too many Defensive lineman even approach 60 tackles and he had in the 80's for 2 straight years, not to mention he didn't make the pro bowl. I think he was robbed. He was definitely overshadowed last season by Sam Adams because of the sacks that Sam had. But even last year Sam only had 41 tackles and we all thought he was gods gift to DT's.

Pat was definitely a good one for us and will be missed. With that said, he definitely got more money then he deserved.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think Pat made his mark by playing next to Teddy Washington and Sam Adams, who would occupy multiple blockers so Pat could do his thing. He'll be playing beside Kevin Williams this year, so his numbers might be decent again.

His success is largely due to playing alongside better players.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Exactly Jan..

Pat is a complimentary player who gains advantage over a blocker through his Strength and quickness.. He has put himself into a good situation with another Primary DT that can allow Pat to flourish.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

But, Pat had his best tackles season in 2002, the year before Sam was a Bill. He didn't have any great players next to him that season.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
            X