• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Fred Taylor's knee worse than advertised

Speaking to co-host Pete Prisco on The Frank Frangie Show (WZNZ, 1460 AM), Taylor offered candid comments about that injury and a groin injury that caused him to miss the final 14 games the 2001 season.

"It was a lot worse than initially thought," Taylor said about last year's knee injury. "How that came about, I don't know. It definitely was. They kept that under wraps.

"I had an MCL [medial collateral ligament] and PCL [posterior cruciate ligament] combo [tear]. The thing that I heard was that it was just under the severity of an ACL [anterior cruciate ligament] -- not as bad, but just below it because of the combination of the two. And that's what people failed to understand. Every time people saw me, they were thinking, 'Why are you still on crutches? Why aren't you walking correctly now?'

"But that was only three weeks out of my surgery and I had a full cut surgery instead of a scope. Everybody thought I had [arthroscopic surgery], but it was worse than that."

Not that I want people to be injured, but this could be good news for us if Taylor can't go, Jags will definitely need Henry's service, as they've already shown interest.

Stay tuned.
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

It's OK, we are not wishing for an injury. It has already happened....so....carry on

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Re: Fred Taylor's knee worse than advertised

Taylor wont be anywhere near 100% this season, TD should make the deal to Jax for a conditional 4 that updrades to a 3rd at 1000 yds.. but once TC begins the price should be a conditional 3rd when Tenn. realizes that Brown is a bad risk.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Re: Fred Taylor's knee worse than advertised

Can NFL teams really mislead their players about the severity of an injury these days and get away with it?
        Something doesn't make any sense in what Taylor said, or the NFL is practicing things that will bring liability suites.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
        X