• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

George Gause

The undrafted DE has been getting decent reviews from the bills. Has anyone heard anything else about him? I remember reading a scouting report that said that his strength is pass rushing. Hopefully he can become a sack weapon for us on 3rd down.
  • clumping platelets

Re: George Gause

Undrafted FA from South Carolina

I once thought his stock was rising. Thought he would be an early day 2 pick. He's not likely to be much more than a PS type for now, but never can tell.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

The draft sevices had him going anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th round. He was very highly regarded after his junior year at South Carolina, but a far less productive senior season caused his stock to really fall.

He has good size and speed, but apparently doesn't play with intensity on a consistent basis.

I think he'll beat out Ritzmann for the 4th DE spot, and may be used as a situational pass rusher.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

Speaking of Ritzmann, i met him in Jacksonville a few days before the superbowl. He is a huge dude. IMO He hasn't had his chance yet. Time will tell......
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

Ritzman made the team because he is an outstanding special teams player - something that is a huge factor in the mindset of the coaches. IMO Gause will have to beat out Ritzman on that basis or beat out the other ends as a pass rusher to make the team.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by John Doe
            Ritzman made the team because he is an outstanding special teams player - something that is a huge factor in the mindset of the coaches. IMO Gause will have to beat out Ritzman on that basis or beat out the other ends as a pass rusher to make the team.
            Gause has been spoken of highly by alot of people - he may actually surprise some when he comes in to training camp. Personally, if he's pretty decent at DE, I'd keep him. Maybe he can push Kelsay/Denney into being better. Both Kelsay and Denney seem to be almost at the same level...and yet, we need someone who can take it to the next level!

Comment

Working...
            X