PDA

View Full Version : I don't hear anyone being concerned about our...

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 08:10 AM
OL. The tackles looked like turnstiles. Both Jennings and Big Mike can't handle the quality speed rushers. Jennings in particular was over matched. I'm not sold on these guys as a unit, and maybe there needs to be some changes here as well. When you have an immobile QB, the tackles need to be able to handle the DE's.

BillsMan80
12-23-2002, 08:12 AM
Jonas was playing on a sprained ankle. Cut him some slack. Big Mike is a rookie, so same for him. Let our tackles develop.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 08:13 AM
6 sacks, 6 turnovers. The defense rests.

Patrick76777
12-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Jennings should not have been playing yesterday. He hurt more then he helped. We’ve got Price for a reason.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 08:17 AM
You'd have thought after 3-4 sacks by Holliday, KG might have thought the same thing.

Not.

BillsMan80
12-23-2002, 08:26 AM
Jonas never should have stepped on the field. Price should have started from the get-go.

Ð
12-23-2002, 08:27 AM
I agree, EE. They have been very inconsistent this year & teams can watch film & pick up the telegraphing of plays that they do.
A good example is how NE (both games) & GB stunted to confuse our OL. Those games were won in the film room.

When you see the run being abandoned early, it means that our line coach has thrown in the towel because the D is picking up on the telegraphing of running plays.

They're all big maulers, but they have a lot to learn...given time they will.

Also, remember the cold weather factor. The rookies/2nd year players on the OL still have to make that adjustment. It takes 3-4 yrs of playing in the cold before it becomes an advantage to an O-lineman.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 08:31 AM
Big Mike have on the Tom Brady sleeves? He looked gay. Just go ahead and were the shirt underneath Mike. We know you are from Texas.

I agree it is a big mauling line. Built for power running, not for 4 wides.

I hate KG.

Novacane
12-23-2002, 08:49 AM
I am not giving the o-line a pass because they were bad yesterday but 1/2 of those sacks were Bledsoe's fault. He's almost as bad as RJ. He can't stand back there forever. He does not look like a 10 year vet.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 08:58 AM
Half of those sacks would be his fault if he had eyes in the back of his head. You have to blame Drew for the fumbles, but on most of those sacks he didn't have a chance. The ends came in and surrounded him. He had no where to go.

Patrick76777
12-23-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
I am not giving the o-line a pass because they were bad yesterday but 1/2 of those sacks were Bledsoe's fault. He's almost as bad as RJ. He can't stand back there forever. He does not look like a 10 year vet.

Come on…….as bad as RJ. I don’t think so. If RJ was on this team, we would have started the year 0-5 before he would have been knocked out for 6 weeks with some new injury that we’ve never heard of. Then AVP would have led us to 2-4 record in that time; Just in time for RJ to return for a playoff run with us at 2-9. He'd play one more game, a loss of course, before he was injured again. We’d then finish at 3-13 again and get that 3rd pick in the draft. We then could draft Carson Palmer or Byron Leftwich and by the time they were ready for the NFL in 3 or 4 years, we would be ready for the Superbowl.

Sorry, but he’s not even close to RJ. Write it off as a bad game. QB’s have them once in a while.

LABillsFan
12-23-2002, 09:05 AM
I can count at least 5 times Drew had an outlet receiver all alone at the line of scrimmage to dump the ball off to and never even looked. Another thing where has the creen gone? they didn't run one until late in the game and remember the very first play of the season when he took the snap and immediatly through to Moulds on the side? Where has that play gone? All the emphasis is going 10 yards or deeper with an occasional 5 yarder over the middle. I'll give KG this year as a learning curve because of the 7 possibly 8 wins. But If this reoccurs next year then there has to be a change.

kgun12
12-23-2002, 09:12 AM
Vonnie Holiday's cousin died the night before the game. Holiday was playing for him. That is no excuss for the line play yesterday or most of the season, but I don't think anybody would have stopped Vonnie yesterday! This is a young line, they have done OK this year, but they didn't play together much in pre-season and have had to try and jell pretty much during games. Hopefully with this season, a trainning camp and pre-season they will improve. We all new or should have known that this was a 6-10, 7-9 or at best an 8-8 team. Could we have won more games, YES but there is about 10 teams out there right now saying the same thing. ie Cleveland. Upgrades on the DL, LB's some coaching changes and make some play adjustments to the O and BRING ON 2003!!!

Novacane
12-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Half of those sacks would be his fault if he had eyes in the back of his head. You have to blame Drew for the fumbles, but on most of those sacks he didn't have a chance. The ends came in and surrounded him. He had no where to go.

Drew can't hold onto the ball forever. He has to know that. It's not the O-lines fault when they hold them out for 5 seconds and he does not get rid of the ball. That sack he took to knock us out of FG range was his fault. He had time. He should have thrown that out the back of the endzone. A rookie I could excuse for that, a 10 year vet I can't.

Novacane
12-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

Sorry, but he’s not even close to RJ. Write it off as a bad game. QB’s have them once in a while.

He takes sacks when he has a chance to throw the ball away. That is what I meant with the RJ jab. I know Drew is a much better QB than RJ but he has that same annoying habit of taking sacks he should not take.

WG
12-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Drew's TOs were completely his own doing yesterday. He had ample time usually to spot obvious blitzes that were readily discernable on TV and to throw the ball away. One, possibly two sacks had to do w/ the OL and one of them was that completely bumbling move, or lack thereof, by Pro-Bowl Reuben Brown to allow a sack that ended the game effectively by putting us out of FG range or for us to get a TD and an onside kick. An onside kick yesterday I think the odds would have been great for recovering.

Say what you will about the rest of the season, but just about all of yesterday's mistakes by Drew were on him. His long balls, other than that dropped one by Price, were abysmal. At least 8 of them. ALL completely wasted plays due to the lack of patience.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 09:30 AM
I thought at least 3 of them he didn't have a chance.

Ruben Brown is the 2nd best Buffalo Bill ever, so get off his case.

Patrick76777
12-23-2002, 09:34 AM
I’m not giving him a pass by any stretch of the imagination. The guy played awful, he’s got to hold on to that ball. But the fumbles came when he was blindsided. And in case you didn’t notice, everybody was having trouble holding onto the ball. Dropped passes for both teams, Henry’s fumble, I think the Pack had 3 or 4 fumbles, the ball slipped right out of Favre’s hands at one point.

Plus one of his INT’s bounced right off a PP’s hands into the arms of a Packer. We have to look at everything here.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Yeah, and Ahman Green fumbled....

Oh. wait, no he didn't.

colin
12-23-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Drew's TOs were completely his own doing yesterday. He had ample time usually to spot obvious blitzes that were readily discernable on TV and to throw the ball away. One, possibly two sacks had to do w/ the OL and one of them was that completely bumbling move, or lack thereof, by Pro-Bowl Reuben Brown to allow a sack that ended the game effectively by putting us out of FG range or for us to get a TD and an onside kick. An onside kick yesterday I think the odds would have been great for recovering.

Say what you will about the rest of the season, but just about all of yesterday's mistakes by Drew were on him. His long balls, other than that dropped one by Price, were abysmal. At least 8 of them. ALL completely wasted plays due to the lack of patience.

The Blitzes were not obvious becuase the did not blitz much. 4 men were all they needed to kick our ass yesterday. They dogged an LB sometimes too, but it was always a lineman who got to the QB.

Ð
10-31-2003, 08:34 AM
ahh, the good old days :D

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Some things never change, eh?

R. Rich
10-31-2003, 02:35 PM
OL. The tackles looked like turnstiles. Both Jennings and Big Mike can't handle the quality speed rushers. Jennings in particular was over matched. I'm not sold on these guys as a unit, and maybe there needs to be some changes here as well. When you have an immobile QB, the tackles need to be able to handle the DE's.

If you haven't heard concern on the board for the OL, then you just don't 'hear' well. We've discussed the OL quite often and realize they need to improve. I'm of the opinion that replacements at both guard and center will help tremendously. I think our tackles are okay. They have had a tough time of it, but will adjust. I don't think they are bad players, just playing badly.

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Big Mike is a rookie, so same for him. Let our tackles develop.

Actually, he's in his second year.

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Look at the date of the thread, Rich.

Wys was leading a Henry bashing parade back then.

R. Rich
10-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Look at the date of the thread, Rich.

Wys was leading a Henry bashing parade back then.

D'oh!

Bashing Henry for what? The guy had a career season!

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
D'oh!

Bashing Henry for what? The guy had a career season!

We're reminiscing. Taking a walk down "Memory Sewer," so to speak. Bye Week, after all, ya know?

HAMMER
11-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Quake,

Brown is the second best Bill ever? WHAT? The guy is the MOST OVERRATED Bill EVER! Don't let his being voted into the Pro Bowl umpteen times fool you, it is a popularity contest. He takes gobs of horrible penalties that any linemen worth his salt would not. He has been average at best the last four years! Saying he is the second best Bill ever is a huge slap in the face to Thurman, OJ, Ferguson, Kemp, Bruce, etc. You're nuts.

WG
11-01-2003, 03:03 PM

Did you hear me complaining all offseason that we had no OL depth and that Pucillo, before I even knew he was going to start, was inadequate and that for our OL to even improve Sullivan and Teague would have to step up?

I've been screaming OL, and DL for that matter, for a year now. It's the key to what's wrong w/ our teams after Gilbride of course.