PDA

View Full Version : What major events in Sports have you missed?

The_Philster
06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I was listening to WGR on the way home from errands this afternoon and they were talking about missing major sports events due to work, school, weddings, oversleeping, falling asleep, etc. The one guy slept through the 2nd OT of the No Goal game..
Anyone else miss anything they deemed major that they wish they wouldn't have missed because of something like the reasons listed above?

Myself..I got my seasons for the first time in 96 and at the time, I was working at a hardware store working 6 days a week Sun-Sat. At the end of the season, I had the Sunday off for the Bills-Chiefs game but we had our Wild Card game hosting the Jags on the following Saturday and I couldn't get out of work :mad:

LtBillsFan66
06-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I delivered pizza during some of the Super Bowls. Not the Bills ones.

Marvelous
06-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I missed Doug Fluite. I had a crazy boss who insisted i work sundays. I was only able to see a a few games live. I rewatched almost the whole season during that week. NEVER AGAIN!

Marvelous
06-25-2005, 02:50 PM
billsfanone, Why do you have that crap as a sig? Clever.com must be busy today. someones cool meter just went up.
/rolls eyes

Dr. Lecter
06-25-2005, 03:06 PM
I had season tickets the year of the comback game. That December I got a co-op job in Conneticut, so I had to move there for 3 months.

I was able to watch the entire game on TV, but missed being there. To make things worse, I was going to tape it, but forgot to buy a tape that AM.

SabreEleven
06-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I had to listen to SB XXV on the radio cause I was at the first Desert Storm :(

Bill Brasky
06-25-2005, 03:33 PM
I missed the comeback cuz of the blackout...

I was working when Music City happened (thank god) but I was listening on the radio. I thought it was some cruel joke, then I got home and watched the tape and wanted to drink cyanide.

mysticsoto
06-25-2005, 05:46 PM
I was watching the "Greatest Comeback Game" and turned it off b'cse I was getting so mad at the Bills. I went did some stuff, and when I came home to my dorm (I was in school at the time) someone either called or a dorm student hanging around told me that the Bills were doing fantastic. I thought it was sarcasm at first, but there was no hint of sarcasm...so I turned it on and caught like the last few minutes of the game.

:( I was so mad that I missed most of it. But I have seen it (from friends who have it taped) since then...

CajunBillsBacker
06-25-2005, 08:37 PM
I missed the snow bowl game against Miami a couple years ago. I was working just about every sunday, missed alot of games that year, but missing that game sucked.

The Natrix
06-26-2005, 04:14 AM
:rofl: at BF1's sig.