PDA

View Full Version : I think the Lockout is going to put the Sabres in the Driving Seat

camelcowboy
06-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Now that Im hearing most people think the lockout may end soon. Its getting close to the time to evalute the effect it may have on the sabres. Years of us being a little upset at buffalo's frugalness may finally have a upside. By keeping payroll down, and focusing on developing young players. Sabres maybe in the drivers seat when the league is up and running. The Amerks are stacked, The Development of Miller, Vanek, Roy, Stafford,Paille to push our already young team, will pay hudge dividends for the sabres. I loved the pick ups of Mike Greer, and Brad Brown, and Jeff Jillson before the last sabres season ended. We have a real deep team, of young and talented players here. With the sabres having a shot at Sidney Crosby if there is a draft lottery, and the fact that i think we could trade into the number one spot with the talent we have. The future in my mind looks real bright for the sabres. Pyatt, Connelly,Kotalik, Dumont,Dury,Briere,Hecht, are all trade aquistions that i think will show keep Darcy around was a blessing. His fiscal responsibility, and his eye for talent will make the Sabres a playoff team again. With hockey hopefully around the corner i will be posting in this forum alot more Go Sabres!!!! I think it will be fun watching the Big spenders, Toronto, Philly, New York Rangers, and St. Louis fall down to earth. :snicker: :hockey:

SabreEleven
06-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Good Post. The only thing I disagree with is the trading up to #1. NO TEAM will trade away the #1 overall this year guarenteed. Nobody is that stupid. The gm would be on the next train out of town. Nobody is going to give up the next "Gretzky". I hope you are right on all the rest of the stuff.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I think I just read this somewhere like Slam.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2005/06/24/1102839-sun.html

camelcowboy
06-26-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't read slam, but now i have it book marked. I do agree, Sabres i our by far the most cap ready team.

SabreEleven
06-26-2005, 08:42 AM
I loved this part

"Teams like Toronto had different circumstances than us. They were really in the thick of it and had a tremendous club," Regier said.

Not anymore.

:snicker:

Great read.

camelcowboy
06-26-2005, 10:08 AM
I loved this part

"Teams like Toronto had different circumstances than us. They were really in the thick of it and had a tremendous club," Regier said.

Not anymore.

:snicker:

Great read.
Its going to be nice watching the big market teams have to majorly cut payroll. Maybe the sabres will be in postion to pick up a couple free agents.

Michael82
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
What I want to know is....will we see the big name players get cut to save money to get under the cap for the season? Or will this be a year where the contract problems aren't fixed right away? Or will they have the players redo their contract and take big paycuts to get under the cap?

Myers57
06-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Wow, great posting and quite the interesting article on Slam! It is really exciting to see hopes for the next season rising! Honestly I forgot about a few of the names in the article because of the time spent without hockey. This kind of news is also good for the website as we prepare to upload it for the next season of hockey!

Now its time for the debates on who's better, Biron or Noronen! Also time for the gossiping of how spectacular a player Maxim Afinogenov is as we all know! Maybe with salaries under control, the Sabres will have a chance as a Cup???

SkateZilla
06-28-2005, 01:49 PM
i've read about 20 articles that state the teams with the low salaries now will be the teams of tomarrow...

reason.. detroit will cut 80% of their roster and call up playrs from the minors to play and thats how they get their salary unde the cap...

Buffalo, Nashville and 3 or 4 other teams have really low salaries ..

Buffalo has the best win % of the low salary teams :)

no more all star teams in detroit... w00t w00t

Bill Brasky
06-29-2005, 02:50 PM
the only thing that blows is if the sabres get good and win, "nobody will care"... except us sabres fans.

think about it... everybody knows who wins the last few super bowls, world series', etc... i bet if you ask a good majority of sports fans they can't name the last 5 stanley cup winners.

SabreEleven
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
the only thing that blows is if the sabres get good and win, "nobody will care"... except us sabres fans.

think about it... everybody knows who wins the last few super bowls, world series', etc... i bet if you ask a good majority of sports fans they can't name the last 5 stanley cup winners.

I don't care who gives a **** as long as I give a ****.

Bill Brasky
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't care who gives a **** as long as I give a ****.

I don't either, but I'd like to see a Buffalo sports team get some respect for winning something... that's the point I was getting at.